Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Pastor Is In

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

An entertainer?

He can certainly see it; he sees it in her playful yet attentive eyes and hears it in her voice with his all-too observant hearing. He thinks back to how she strode confidently down the aisle at Communion. Yes, he can see Adeline being a very influential artist in her own right. Ah. The road not taken. “Regrettably, I haven’t seen many Kindred take up performance art as more than a ruse to lure in prey.” Kindred and Human. “Though perhaps there’s room for change there?” He offers a compliment to his guest, and a well-meaning one.

Her expression remains steadily on him, and for a moment Conner wonders if Adeline has lost the will for words. But she hasn’t; and the shoe finally drops.
    I knew it. His expression changes a bit when she mentions her ‘impertinence’. A firm, chiding set-lipped face. “You’re not being impertinent, Adeline.”Something rises in him; something drawn from a deep-seated worry that self-loathing would lead to something bad. “Your questions are important, and I’m honored that you’re here spending your time finding answers to them. I will never fault you for that, nor should anyone else.” He recovers a bit. He’d almost imagined her shorter, with blue hair and spiky disposition.

“I can’t say I wouldn’t be excited if you chose to join the Lancea Sanctum, but your choice is yours and yours alone.” He says this with quiet conviction. “All I’ll say is that I can promise that the Lancea can offer not just knowledge or power, but a family. Or as close to one as Kindred can have. That’s my story with the Covenant. And I’d hope it could be your story as well.”

2. Likes liked this post

Alt Identity
    (Adeline Martin)
    Presence
    (Playful)
    Striking Looks
    (Beautiful)
    Adeline Martin

+2
    SL
    PRE

She made finger guns with a grin. “Exactly. There are too many reasons for Kindred to stay in the shadows. High exposure careers are frowned upon to say the least. Low level word of mouth or local fame is alright, but if something you do goes viral it can spiral out of your control.” If she had learned anything it was that almost anything could be brought to light. “Imagine video recordings of performances that consistently show how we are distorted on camera!” It was just one example of a masquerade breach.

“Thank you. I appreciate the understanding. A lot of Kindred don’t appreciate the unbound. It’s frowned upon and generally regarded as a lack of character or willingness to commit to something.” She looked thoughtful for a moment, and then shrugged as if dismissing those thoughts.

She nodded. “I appreciate your candor, Whip Wells. Thank you for spending the evening with me. It’s about that time for me to head out. The night is growing thin.” Winter was giving way to spring more and more every day. The nights were turning shorter. The wheel turns.

After they had said their goodbyes she headed out in her Jeep for a nice spot in the barrens to rest in the earth. She never spent the day at her haven. It just wasn’t secure enough.

Thank you for the scene! Ready to close if you are!

4. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

The finger guns draw a chuckle out of Conner. "The cameras just get smaller and the audiences get bigger. Pretty soon we'll all have to spend our nights outside with bags over our heads. Still, I'm glad you have a passion that can keep you busy. That's important." Especially on those lonely nights that keep popping up.

"Like I said before, I didn't get as much of a choice in which Covenant I entered. And those choices can be binding; take all the time you need." Which, given their Kindred nature, could be a lot. But she seems patient and thoughtful.

And Conner's just as patient.

"How time flies." Conner sees Adeline out of the Moore House and watches as she drives off. Then closes up the Moore House and prepares his own journey to his Haven. As much as he was growing fond of the place, he has a lot of thoughts swimming in his head. And he needs a more familiar place to puzzle these over.

Thanks so much for a fun Scene!

6. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread