Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Blue Cue

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ladies night had finally come! The location was the infamous Blue Cue! Sports bar and pool hall mixed together to form an expanive and yummy food menu, and some notable drinks. All the while never a missing a moment of any popular sporting event playing, any night of the week.
    The Blue Cue boasted a full bar, a booth section to sit down and eat, counter height bar tables and chairs, and the back had a full pool hall with shelves scattered all over to set your drinks and bar snacks down on.

Moira had snagged them a billards table, and had the balls wracked and ready! She stood there with her pool cue in hand watching that door! She couldn't wait to get this party started. A night out at last! She had been hunkered down in her Sanctum long enough!

Moira was dressed in an eye catching red blazer with a white screen print tee underneath that said in red letters "Must be this tall to ride" with a bar under the words, that snarky shirt was tucked into black jeans, and she wore a pair of white Adidas sneakers with black stripes. She wore a decorative gold chain around her neck with a charm hanging from it. Her wild hair was in full floofy glory.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx wandered over from the bar in a little black dress. She's done her hair up nice and was hoping she wouldn;t need to shake it out in a fight - always a constant thought with the Arrow.

However, she was already two drinks in - she may had been nervous about tonight. Only Belle had seen her out on the town before and the Arrow worried about her social appearence so much it was always going to be an issue the first time. At least this put her well into the "happy drunk" phas eof the evening!

"I got the drinks!" she says brightly to Moira, putting it down on the side table. "Did you take your shot yet?"

Phoenyx sucks on the straw to her cocktail, swaying lightly in time to the music.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira was super glad she wore a suit jacket now, seeing what Phoenyx was wearing. Niiice. What a double pair they would make! Moira waved as soon as she saw Phoenyx. Fate was an interesting thing to watch play out.

"Oh great! Thanks!" Moira snagged one and took a drink. "No! I thought we'd play doubles! Since you got here first, you are MY partner!" And she grinned at Phoenyx. The temptation to cheat was always there for the Enchantress. She told herself she would be on her best behavior, yet she still had her Fate coin in her pocket. She made no promises if they ever went to something with underground gambling. She couldn't help herself. It's why she had to stay away from betting and games of.. well chance. Heh.

Her expression softened a moment and she looked at Phoenyx, "If you know, you wanna be my doubles partner..." it had never occured to her that maybe Phoeynx didn't go by Fate.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

She had stood outside the door to the Blue Cue for a few minutes but when she finally pushed it open she was pleasantly surprised at what she walked into.

The name of the place had told her that billiards was another name for pool and not some sort of card game. But unlike the last (only) pool hall she had been to the air inside was clear of smoke and if anything the overwhelming smell was not burnt nicotine but burnt grease. Ok that was mean. But she could smell the fried food.

Which was fine. Meant her outfit could be added to the normal dirty clothes pile versus needing to hit the wash as soon as she got home.

Spotting Moira and Phoenyx she wove her way through the other patrons and approached.

”Evening- hope I’m not too late?”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow smiles brightly - drinks always loosened her right up. "Sure! I don't mind. I Was jusht wondering what we'd to if it's just us." Did she slur her words? Nah. Can't have been.

She sees Witch and waves, shaking her head. "Hey..." What was her name angain? something to do with Arthur... fae... Yes! "Morgan! Hey! I like your dungarees." She looks to the table. "I wasn't sure what drink you wanted, but we're all ready to play! You want to be on our team?" She looks back around at moira. "Wait... doesn't that mean we need another player?"

Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle's been looking forward to this for a while now. A chance to hang out with fellow Magi, but in a relaxed, informal setting. No need to talk about Consilium politics or magic or how the thread of reality is hanging. And with the recent situation with the Consilium, she feels even better about it. Truly a no pressure hangout...

That said, this is Belle: she's going to be a bit extra in her own way.
    1 success

4 successes

Belle is dressed in a black skirt, violet top, and black heels. Definitely a bit of a palate change for the normally blue-clad Warlock until one noted the fiery, bronze draconic maws that decorated the top with scary detail. She's also wearing violet lipstick and has her hair flowing out. This Warlock is dressed to let loose.

She sees the three familiar faces and strides with quick purpose towards them. "Hey ladies! What's up? Hope you left enough party for me." ​She admires the dazzling coterie they've assembled. "So, full disclosure: I'm a complete noob when it comes to pool, but I'm game to try!" Then she notices Phoenyx and...

Oh Lordy, she's a few in already. Poor gal. Let's be gentle.

"Hey, Alice. How's it going?"
    ​She gives Phoenyx a shoulder bump, genuine concern tingeing her words.

7. Likes liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira grinned at Witch Morgan. "Of course you are not to late! You can be Belle's that gal's partner! We can play doubles since there is an even number of us!" The Enchantress looked as eccentric and excited as ever.

She giggled watching Phoenyx slowly work her way to a moredrunk relaxed place. Moira made a mental note to never offer her actual drugs....

"Hey girl!" She substituted girl for Belle cause she wasn't sure it was cool to call her that here. "It's Allegra tonight for me.." She said with a small smile. "Alice was super generous and got us a round of drinks! Mine is an ice tea from Long Island!" She said with a mischievious grin."Pair up with Morgan, and we can decide which team goes first!" She said with a grin.

9. Likes liked this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

”Oh” she looked to the table, the bar, then back to the table with the balls set and ready to go. Smiling at Phoenyx she waved a hand lightly, l”I’ll get a drink later, looks like the game is all set?”

[color="cc5500"]”Guess we will see how well beginners luck holds for us then as I’m similarly unskilled in the game.[/color] She smirked toward Moira, knowing that the phrase had unspoken meaning amongst the four.

Glancing around, she spotted the cues on the wall and after selecting one that looked … nice? She rejoined the group. ”Whose up first?”

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx hears Belle arrive and spins around. "Heyyy! You made it!" she waves. Pink tinges her cheeks. "Wha..?!" She sways a little at the shoulder bump, but grabs Belle's shoulder in a one-armed hug. "Things are good! I'm good... are... are you? Are you ready to play?" She smiles, a little nervously.

She wasn't quite sure what to say, but her usually stoic nature made that as close to nervous babbling as she would get.

Looking to her mage-friends, there's a shrug. "I hadda chance to practice last time? But, um, I can start now!"

She bounces around to the table and lines up her shot.

3 successes

"Yessss!" Phoenyx explaims happily as the first couple of shots go her way.

Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Names! Names are good. "Morgan, great to see ya!" She says with the practiced familiarity of someone who's used to pretending to meet someone for the first time. "Thanks, Allegra. Maya's ready to game!" She throws Moira a bone. Witch mentions 'beginner's luck' and she laughs, getting the inside joke. "Alright, Team Beginner's Luck! Let's go!!!"

failure

Belle lines up a shot but aims too high and barely skips the ball a few inches. She looks up only half-sheepishly. "Heh...tell ya what, I'm gonna get myself a drink so that I can excuse my crappy skills on the alcohol. One moment!" ​She dips off to the bar to order a beer while the other players line up their own shots.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread