Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord's lips pressed into a gentle smile. It was the answer that he'd hoped for, but it went against the nature of Kindred. Her agreement to his terms showed a willingness to follow his grand design for the Invictus- something he needed to know by action. If he were being honest with himself, he had real concern for the future and stability of Sacramento's Invictus had the conversation turned sour.

"I have no doubt in your ability to achieve what I've asked. You are nearly at the summit already," As he speaks the words he slides the bulbous decanter to be closer to the Lady Notary and produces a small, ceremonial knife. "I'll let you do the honors for the Oath of Running blood. You will swear to learn the Oath of the Bloody Hand and of Blood Focus as well as to share the Nosferatu's blood gift with me in order for Sacramento to unlock the secrets of the Oath of Burning Blood." He paused after extending the handle of the knife towards Jennifer, "There is no need to mention my desires for you to pursue Blood Loyalty at this time. We will create a new Oath for that singular challenge following your ascension."

He releases the blade into Jennifer's possession before adding, "I'm sure I do not need to tell you that these prerequisites will not leave this room." Kindred and their secrets, after all.

Blood Hunt:

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Willpower expended, 1 Vitae bled into de)Vitae 1 Willpower Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Jennifer observed the judex for a moment. She nods slightly towards him, although her mind was still considering the previous conversation.
    "I appreciate your confidence in me. I expect that I shall have attained the requirements within a few months."
    Jennifer could be very driven. The only one that concerned her was the time and inward focus to reise her blood potency. That would likely be the one that would consume her most.
    Jennifer accepted the ceremonial knife, inspecting it for a moment. She appreciated these oaths. Jennifer valued the skeleton of the first estate, to the tools that were needed.

Jennifer took a moment to make a small cut on the underside of her arm. She willed her Vitae to flow and captured it in the provided decanter. She took the time that her Vitae flowed into the decanter to think about what she was swearing to. Her focus was absolute as she thought about the agreement. As the decanter was completed, she focussed upon it. As she focussed her willpower, the Vitae turned into brown glass.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(Devotion VT)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord smiled in response to her confidence. It was no minor thing he had asked of her, but he knew it would not be long before she earned her laurels.

He watched her carefully as she enacted the Oath... though he was surprised by her quiet. There could be many explanations for it, but there was always that one unrelenting truth: Kindred lie.

"I am surprised the Lady Notary did not hallmark the moment with the traditional pomp and circumstance such a milestone represents..."

He leaned forward as he admired the brown glass that was visible in the vessel and willed his own blood, "If not for my benefit, do so for yourself... so that you may look back at this night for the eternity that follows and remember the words that would cement your legacy in the history of the Unconquered. Speak the Oath you have bound your vitae to within this vessel."

He certainly could force the words from her mouth... but the devotion he worked so tirelessly for was much more subtle... more forgiving. It was free will to be true.

1 success

The devotion has an automated resistance that would subtract dice from the right for Comp+BP so the roll failed

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The smile was met with her own soft smile. "This Oath requires no long pomp and circumstances." She states, her smile still soft and friendly.
    Jennifer tilted her head as she looks at Jack directly. A beat passes. She was comfortable with the silence as she looks at him.
    "You want the Oath stated clearly." She said slowly, her words slithering between the two Kindred.
    "I have no problem doing so. Although I had not thought the need so pressing between us."
    Although it appeared that I was wrong.

"I, Jennifer Hazelton: Childe of Joshua Homan, childe of Lady Notary Gweneth Ward; childe of Libretist James Barlowe; of the line Nosferatu; Lady Notary of the First Estate and Priscus of the Nosferatu shall undertake three tasks. To learn the Oath of the Bloody Hand and the Oath of Blood Focus. To teach Judex Jack the Blood Gift Nightmare to the point that he may learn the Oath of Burning Blood." The smile had been replaced by a solemn and serious look.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Between us? No, of course not." The Lord flicked his wrist off to the side, "However, the end of this road leads to no minor change in your standing. I would like to see each of the last steps of this journey to reflect grandiose of the goal."

He listened to the words of the Oath, the Lady Notary speaking them with impeccable accuracy. "Excellent. I believe that wraps up all pressing matters, if you agree. We can meet another night soon to discuss transition or other business."

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer was quiet for a moment. Her expression was of a kindred deep in thought.
    Autumn brown eyes light on Jack's own.

"Yes, I believe that everything has been addressed. A separate meeting to handle anything you have not resolved should be beneficial.
    Good evening, Judex."

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread