Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Second meeting at Capitol Park

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Helen Kingsley

NOS
    PRE

It's been some time since Helen has been in the park to meet someone she doesn't really know well. Yet, here she is again, and no, it doesn't feel like a much better idea than last time, but hey, what else is new ? So she sits on a bench near the main entrance that she's outlined in her note and waits for her guest, if she wants to call it that. The jacket is closed and topped off with a Seattle Seahawks scarf, complemented by jeans and boots. She leans back, a softdrink can is next to her on the bench, just in case. Still, she has to wait out the time until the time specified or until the other decides to pop in early.

Hurry up0 and waitr, always the same, but that's what being early gets people. Sure, she could stake out the place from a less exposed place until the time is right, but then, again - Where's the fun in that ?

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Helen Kingsley

(Blush !)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Bookkeeping !

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Alt Identity
    (Adeline Martin)
    Presence
    (Playful)
    Striking Looks
    (Beautiful)
    Adeline Martin

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Adeline walked along the paths leading to their meeting spot in the park. It was a pleasant evening, it had been breezy, so she wore a long sleeve thin knit sweater, and a pair of grainy black jeans and some low heeled slingbacks. Her long hair was coiled up in a high bun. She wore more heavy makeup than she normally would to offset her pallid skin, but there was no hiding what emanated from the Ventrue. All the tell tale signs that she had well and truly settled into her Requiem.

She spotted Reeve Kingsley and her first instinct was more of a compulsion to immediately attack her on sight. The beast howled for blood. A compulsion she had thankfully managed to overcome, with a deep breath in, and slowly letting it out. Flushed with life as she approached Helen.

“Good evening. It’s Adeline! Hope I didn’t startle you?!” She said in a friendly tone, giving her a little wink, and at the same time letting her know it was okay to use Adeline, here, in public. She managed to couch it so it sounded natural. You never know who was potentially spying, after all.

Helen Kingsley

NOS
    PRE

Adeline causes the usual reaction, although Helen manages to suppress most of it, only her hand closes around the can sharply until the surge ebbs off again.

"Not that bad, just the usual. You know how that goes."

She gets up and puts the can back down.

"Nice you could make the time, I thought, it'd be interesting to get to know each other a little. Hows the city been so far ?"

5. Likes liked this post

Alt Identity
    (Adeline Martin)
    Presence
    (Playful)
    Striking Looks
    (Beautiful)
    Adeline Martin

+2
    SL
    PRE

She nodded because yeah, she knew how that went, and it would always be that way. She watched Helen a long moment before she leaned her back against a random park structure, her arms loose at her side.

"I have all the time in the world to get to know the players in town. I find myself in no hurry. Though some of my business contacts seem to stress the clock a little to much, you know? I do have some good business to keep my time interesting, but business is business." She paused and spread her hands. Remebering to make gestures and such. They were in public.

"I have found some of the local cuisine to be bountiful, fresh, and exciting. Though I have a favorite or two already now to take the edge off all the potential excitement of constatnly getting out there and trying new..." And that predatory gleam came into the Ventrue's eyes.

"I see potential, but there is still things I lack that I desire. A closer community that I can mesh with, is one big thing. I haven't really had much of an opportunity in the past to be a big joiner. Being Nomadic has its limits..."

7. Likes liked this post
    Helen Kingsley

NOS
    PRE

"Technically, although players in town can change quickly, for better or for worse. Pretty easy to feel like the asshole when you miss the great one and get stuck with a scumbag in their place. And that isnÄ#t even talking about the folks who used to have a boss a year ago and don't do now,becuse fluctuation and that. So, you got all time in the world, but it doesn't mean you should also take all of that. Also, business... isn't everything."

Helen chuckles. There's enough folks she's thinking of here, some who decided to turn back up and others... Not so much, really. She doesn't really comment on the bit on the local cuisine. She gets the idea, but still... nah.

"Oh yeah, that's true. Good thing is, right now, all communities are pretty cuddly and personal, really. Already got you eye on something yet ?"

Alt Identity
    (Adeline Martin)
    Presence
    (Playful)
    Striking Looks
    (Beautiful)
    Adeline Martin

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I know good advice when I hear it." She paused a second to glance up and make a weighing gesture with her hands, her lips curling into a self deprecting smile. "Most of the time. Though I confess, pulling myself away from work has always been a challenge. My obsessions are few, but they burn bright and deeply." That was an understatement, but absolutely true.

"I wish I could say 'yes' but honestly I lack the knowledge about the different communities to set my sights on a target, or even try to attract a head hunter to get me in the right direction. I have always been spiritual but not religious. I naturally lean that way as I understand some of the basics there, but at the same time, I am a bit repelled by the overall faithful members. So far the representation of the church here in Sacramento seems to be the exception and not the rule."

"I would like a thorough examination of all the communities, as well as hopefully meaninful interactions to see if I 'fit' especially well somewhere."

Helen Kingsley

NOS
    PRE

"Ain't they always ? What do or did you do for work ? Before all that, I mean, still in that sort of stuff or completely reoriented ?"

Not the most impersonal question, but hey, sometimes, if business comes up, its nice to know what they're talking about, right ?

"Well, don't let some eception to some rule make you join a club and then you find out, the normies are way more unlikable than that. It's happened to folks before and will happen in the future, too. I guess you've already got some impression of the local padre, then... Your basics kinda compatible or something ? As long as you're not one of those Tollison nutjobs, you should kinda get along, I think." She chuckles. "Apart from that, there's Al Baker if you're more into the off-road spiritual stuffs. You know, the spooky kind." It takes some effort to swallow the word Heathen and replace it with the more neutral term. "The science-y spiritual stuff... I think there's some guy called Royce Waldorf who looks after whats left of that, but don't nail me down on that. Well, the upper crust you already know some folks and the rest ? They're an elusive bunch, I guess.

So whats your parameters on that examination ?"

11. Likes liked this post

Alt Identity
    (Adeline Martin)
    Presence
    (Playful)
    Striking Looks
    (Beautiful)
    Adeline Martin

+2
    SL
    PRE

She smiled slightly. It wasn’t the dullest, and yet, not the most exciting of professions either. Niche at that. It didn’t have the dark overtones that the other type of capitalist position did. Vulture Capitalism had been her sires kink. Not hers.

“I am a Venture Capitalist. I put people with money who want to invest directly into a startup, with the people who have the ideas and the business plan to make a start up but lack the funds. I suppose I am a financial matchmaker of sorts.”

“That’s what’s holding me back I suppose.” Zealotry. “I attended the Padre’s mass and it was a good one. Less vitriol than I expected, and with a well meaning passion that is frankly quite appealing.” Not to mention her own extremely predatory traditions of her bloodline….

Adeline’s eyes glowed with humor and she looked at Helen as if she was slightly taken aback. “Nooo!” She said in a stage whisper. “Baker? He seems so uptight and the type who doesn’t even cheat a little on his taxes!” She looked like she got a kick outta that one!

“Oh science is dull unless you are talking about a Pharma startup!” She said with a hand wave and a gentle eye roll. “And I have those business proposals approved by independent researchers to see if they have any merit.” Most didn’t. Just look at what happened with Pharma Bro?

“As for the upper crust? I have about as much chance of being invited past that velvet rope as I do into the Vatican Archives.” She said it matter factly. Coming from a Ventrue…that was saying something.

“I also heard about a group that was modeling after modern governmental moors, but not much else. Do we have any of those types in Sacramento?” She hadn't mentioned them in her initial overview, but then she was the Reeve. Surely she'd know if they were any Carthians in the area worth speaking of.

Helen Kingsley

NOS
    PRE

"So you use money and people you know to make more money ? Makes you sound an awful lot like one of those potatoes out there that we got way too many of already, really." Helen chuckles. "Guess that's the sort of stuff only rich people think of.

But then, you could argue with the following he got in town, he can't afford the sort of vitriol usually associated with the congregation. And even then, it#d b of little use without a bunch of militants to back it up. I guess that's the issue a lot of groups have had for some time now."

She laughs at Adeline's reaction.

"Baker looks like he's 90, and that's before he joined the club. That's gotta account for something, right ? Maybe he's got a background that made him a good recruitment target ?" Not that she wants to dwell on that for too long, speculating on other folks can quickly take on a life of its own. Also, looks can be deceiving in their line of business, as always. "Bah." Helen's eyeroll is a lot, but gentle it ain't. "Pharma's the worst of the bunch. I thank God on my kness every morning that I don't have to deal with them anymore." She thinks better than to get into what she thinks of those folks. Don't want them surprised by the sun coming up !

"Not a pope-ist, much ? Yeah, that complicates things." Short pause. "With the Vatican, I mean."

Talking of the last group ? "Two actually, pretty funny characters, if you ask me. Not a lot to be heard from, though. Think they might be recruiting ?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread