Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hedge Patrol VI 2 Electric Boogaloo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Hedge Patrol VII
Sep 21, 2023 - Dec 7, 2023
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

0 Scenes

And with that explosion of violence, the already wounded briar wolf breathes it's last. Around them the Hedge seems quite. Eerily so.

Combat ends. Do you want to continue the patrol or call it here?

2. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is rude," Circe drawls, "Ta say I told ya so. But I'm an asshole," she says the last cheerfully then sings out, "I told you so."

Then decides to investigate the trap, to see if it is Hedgespun or mundy make. Could be helpful information. That or have the pups harvest the briarwolf. "Teeth, claw, bone, hide. Those could help me with Hedgespinning," she taps her machete, "Either of ya good at harvesting corpses?"

Stats & Equipment

It is quite a far past the monthly limit, but I am willing to continue.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper lets out a shaky breath once that quick burst of violence is over. Beasts are creatures of instinct, more so than most, but then you have to deal with the brain and that's just a pain in the arse. He can't help but laugh at the jab from Circe, his ears flicking back up again after the ringing in his ears stops from the gunshot.

He watches her head towards the trap and then nods to her words. "If we're not gonna keep it, Ah'd like to see it destroyed.." as for the briar wolf. "Ah was thinkin' the same thing. Ah can probably get it dressed properly but Ah didn't bring a knife with me. Ah wouldn't mind a few bits myself. Been meaning to improve this.." he says, rubbing a hand over his Hedgespun jacket.

Stats and Equipment

It has been going for a good bit but I'm also willing to continue as well.
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

Beast: Wolf
    Striking Looks
    (Wild)
    New Identity
    (Vincent Black)
    Resources
    (Bounty Hunter)
    Lethal Mien
    Equipment

Armor

Reinforced Hooded Trenchcoat 1/0
    Kevlar Vest 2/3 -1 Defence

Weapons

Beretta M92
    Recurve Bow

Gear

Burner Phone
    Digital Camera
    Laptop Computer
    Digital Audio Recorder
    Smartphone
    Handcuffs
    4 Mags of Ammo
    20 Arrow Quiver
    Forms:

Mien

Wolf-like ears, bluish-silver fur-like hair. One glowing blue eye and one glowing red eye. Glowing bluish-silver tattoo-like marks on bare skin, depicting Hati and Skol chasing sun and moon. Clawed fingers, pointed teeth, and fangs.

Mask

Tall, rugged male with bluish-silver hair, tanned skin, dark piercing eyes. Silver tattoos depict Hati and Skol pursuing sun and moon. His wild striking looks turn heads.
    Stats:

Health

Glamour

Willpower

Blessings

Beast

The wildness that infuses a Beast gives her a supernatural affinity with animals. A Beast gains the benefit of the 8 again rule when using the Animal Ken Skill, and receives a free Specialty for the one animal that most reflects the Beast’s seeming. That same wild nature gives a Beast a powerful personal magnetism. A Beast’s player can spend points of Glamour to add to dice pools involving Presence and Composure. Each point of Glamour spent adds one die to one dice pool.

Tooth and Claw

Can inflict lethal damage instead of bashing damage when fighting unarmed.

Burning Hypnotism

Once per scene, the player may spend one Glamour to surround the Flamesiren with a blazing flame-like aura. Anyone looking at the Flamesiren must make a successful Resolve + Composure roll or suffer a two-dice penalty to all actions until the character decides to douse the aura or the scene ends, thanks to the distraction.
    Vincent Black Scenes
      to Dreaming
     Imbue Wyrdstone, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart Flamesiren

I am up for continuing the patrol.

Vincent looks down at the corpse, a little pang in his beast heart he crouches low and touches the briar wolfs head, "I am sorry my friend, I wish things would have ended differently." Vincent looks back to Circe and says, "You did warn us, but as a beast I cannot help how I feel about a fellow beast, hobbie or not."

Vincent stays crouched in contemplation before asking Circe "How far is your hollow from here? If it is not far, I would rather dress the beast there than out here in the open."

Tongues of Birds and Words of Wolves: The changeling can speak to all animals of the specified type for the next scene.
    Beast’s Keen Senses: +2 dice bonus to all Wits rolls relating to perception for the next full scene. In addition, he gains the chosen animal’s most notable sensory ability.

Equipment
    "Speech"
    Thoughts

0 Scenes

The briar wolf was dead, and the Lost might take what they want from it's hide, but the trap it had been caught it gleams in the light, who left the trap here, and was it supposed to be for the Hedge's very own werewolves...?

Any PCs Hollows would be a fair bit off from where you are now. Dex + Crafts if you wanna dress the briar worlf it will be an extended action, Int + Investigation to look around for clues about the trap/immediate location

7. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Too far ta drag something this big without a cart or mount," she assures Vincent. She doesn't acknowledge the Beast's sympathy for feral things.

Well, Circe DID have a machete. Which she brandishes after slinging her rifle. "I'll get some of it ta split later. See what ya can find boys," she assures them. For the smaller bits, she will also draw out a knife. They could probably see more than her, no helmet and super sniffers and all that.

3 successes

Stats & Kit
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

(Fang & Talon 2 (catch met))Glamour 0 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper nods over to Vincent's comment about a Beast's tendency to want to look out for other beasts. He nods to Circe's suggestions before he reaches out to give the dead briar wolf a soft pat on it's side, willing his glamour into a clause.

Beast's Keen Senses (1 success)

"We'll keep an eye out," he says as he stands up, brushing the open trap away with the tip of his boot before he starts to circle around the fresh kill. He looks at the Thorns around him, letting his gaze search for anything, dangers, clues, fruit, etc. His ears flick up to help and he takes a deep inhale through his nose. He knows the blood is going to be there, from the hob's wounds and from Circe is going to start to do but he tries to ignore it, or at least filter it out despite it being blaringly obvious to the Wolfhound's senses.

Perception (4 successes)

Stats and Equipment
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

Beast: Wolf
    Striking Looks
    (Wild)
    New Identity
    (Vincent Black)
    Resources
    (Bounty Hunter)
    Lethal Mien
    Equipment

Armor

Reinforced Hooded Trenchcoat 1/0
    Kevlar Vest 2/3 -1 Defence

Weapons

Beretta M92
    Recurve Bow

Gear

Burner Phone
    Digital Camera
    Laptop Computer
    Digital Audio Recorder
    Smartphone
    Handcuffs
    4 Mags of Ammo
    20 Arrow Quiver
    Forms:

Mien

Wolf-like ears, bluish-silver fur-like hair. One glowing blue eye and one glowing red eye. Glowing bluish-silver tattoo-like marks on bare skin, depicting Hati and Skol chasing sun and moon. Clawed fingers, pointed teeth, and fangs.

Mask

Tall, rugged male with bluish-silver hair, tanned skin, dark piercing eyes. Silver tattoos depict Hati and Skol pursuing sun and moon. His wild striking looks turn heads.
    Stats:

Health

Glamour

Willpower

Blessings

Beast

The wildness that infuses a Beast gives her a supernatural affinity with animals. A Beast gains the benefit of the 8 again rule when using the Animal Ken Skill, and receives a free Specialty for the one animal that most reflects the Beast’s seeming. That same wild nature gives a Beast a powerful personal magnetism. A Beast’s player can spend points of Glamour to add to dice pools involving Presence and Composure. Each point of Glamour spent adds one die to one dice pool.

Tooth and Claw

Can inflict lethal damage instead of bashing damage when fighting unarmed.

Burning Hypnotism

Once per scene, the player may spend one Glamour to surround the Flamesiren with a blazing flame-like aura. Anyone looking at the Flamesiren must make a successful Resolve + Composure roll or suffer a two-dice penalty to all actions until the character decides to douse the aura or the scene ends, thanks to the distraction.
    Vincent Black Scenes
      to Dreaming
     Imbue Wyrdstone, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart Flamesiren

Vincent gives both Circe and Jasper a nod, "Get as much as we can, I can really use some hedge gear. I haven't had any since I left my troupe.". Vincent then walked around listening and smelling for any danger that might approach while Circe was dressing this creature. He was certain that he could fit a some of the creature in his bag to take it to a safe place.

5 successes
    "Speech"
    Thoughts

0 Scenes

Circe gets started on the long arduous process of dressing a briar wolf, it'll take time for the Fairest to gut and skin and harvest what needs to gutted, skinned and harvested.

Both Beasts smell the blood, the other Lost, their noses feel bone-dry-almost-bleeding as they take in the Summer Queen's dry Mantle, knowing it would be worse if the Crimson Queen was flaring it and not just having it rest organically. It would be worse if the pair of them weren't Courtless.

Rot, easily comes to their noses, nearer to the trap, and oh, some of the briar wolf's flesh had been torn off and the hobbeast had been in this trap long enough for that torn flesh to have started to rot away.

But under all that, Vincent who's nose might be just a hair keener, who might have took in a deeper breath smells something sickly sweet, cloying and makes him think of some thing pink.

Circe can roll me another Dex + Crafts

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

3 successes

"If ya boys notice anything, let, grrrk," that was annoying. Circe lifts up the machete and brings it down hard, "Me," something lets out a crack at the next hack, "Know. I'll get the rifle up."

She still had a lot of rounds if suppressing fire be needed.

Stats & Kit

Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread