Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hedge Patrol VI 2 Electric Boogaloo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Hedge Patrol VII
Sep 21, 2023 - Dec 7, 2023
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

0 Scenes

Traveling past Funderland's administrative building where a secret path can be opened. A stairwell, narrow and steep leads the Lost far below the surface. The myriad of cobwebs had been cleared, but ever industrious the spider rebuilds. Single Edison bulbs have been strung up along the wall leading down into the Prohibition era tunnels that criss-crossed the subterranean map of the Freehold.

As the steep stairs come to an end, the passage abruptly shifts, taking a very sharp turn, running west-east. Rough hewn stone, dried mud, and grey brick run a curve overhead, cables run the length of it, tracking electricity to the glowing bulbs. On the ground is a rusted, unstable tack.

Placed against the far wall heavy grey stones have been carefully placed, creating an archway, a Hedge Gate, which is closed, for now.

Beyond the 'Gate the Hedge, ever shifting, always dangerous and it's always, always right there, just in their backyard...

The Last Patrol had to be cut short before it got going, the Strays breaking, scattering to the wind leaving only Jasper left within Sacramento.

But who knows what has moved in while the Patrol failed it's duty, and what's needed to rout it out...

Please include your Equipment, Health and WP with every post!

If you want to get going right away I'm going to need someone to spend 1 Glamour to open the Hedge Gate!
    Lionell Cress Molly Knight ragnarokxg Vincent Black Origins Circe

2. Likes , Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Overkill, the moto of the Gunbunny Smurfette of Summer. Which was why she'd a full backpack with plenty of supplies and some things for trade. Reading up on barter system give her ideas for what might be useful to barter in the Hedge, surprise! Reading can be useful.

And for more hostile threats? Well, that was why she was again decked out in her riot gear and toting an arsenal. But no gasoline, Molotovs, or dynamite. Well, currently. Honestly, she was starting to think starting these patrols at HER hollow would be the best option. That way, she could supply people to make a proper firing line.

As it was, she was putting off plenty of light to make the stairs safe.

Stats & Equipment
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

It didn't take long to find the secret path that lead past the Funderland buildings. It's kinda 'ard to forget where it happened, where they left me... He shakes his head, trying to clear the thought like a cobweb before he ducks down into the stairway and the tunnels beyond. He crouches slightly so that his ears and the end of the bow that's over his shoulder doesn't scrape the brick as he makes his way towards the gate, perking up as he sees someone's already there and waiting. It takes a moment for him to realize it's the Iron Queen. "Hey... I could say I wasn't really expecting to see you here but then why wouldn't you be.." he says with a bark of a laugh.

Stats and Equipment
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

0 Scenes

The Lost wait knowing there's supposed to be more than two on a Patrol, but even if the numbers remain small with the Freehold's Groundskeeper, and Summer Queen anything happening due to the newness, or inexperience can and will be compensated for.

When they're ready to go the Archway HedgeGate rests, closed still just in front of them.

We're still waiting for people, but I know ragnarokxg Vincent Black is dealing with IRL stuff, so will be able to catch up when we get going. Cress Molly Knight on the other hand, I haven't seen anything posted about an Interruptions (if I"m wrong someone tell me!) if you don't post into the plot within 7 days the door closes for Molly

Beast: Wolf
    Striking Looks
    (Wild)
    New Identity
    (Vincent Black)
    Resources
    (Bounty Hunter)
    Lethal Mien
    Equipment

Armor

Reinforced Hooded Trenchcoat 1/0
    Kevlar Vest 2/3 -1 Defence

Weapons

Beretta M92
    Recurve Bow

Gear

Burner Phone
    Digital Camera
    Laptop Computer
    Digital Audio Recorder
    Smartphone
    Handcuffs
    4 Mags of Ammo
    20 Arrow Quiver
    Forms:

Mien

Wolf-like ears, bluish-silver fur-like hair. One glowing blue eye and one glowing red eye. Glowing bluish-silver tattoo-like marks on bare skin, depicting Hati and Skol chasing sun and moon. Clawed fingers, pointed teeth, and fangs.

Mask

Tall, rugged male with bluish-silver hair, tanned skin, dark piercing eyes. Silver tattoos depict Hati and Skol pursuing sun and moon. His wild striking looks turn heads.
    Stats:

Health

Glamour

Willpower

Blessings

Beast

The wildness that infuses a Beast gives her a supernatural affinity with animals. A Beast gains the benefit of the 8 again rule when using the Animal Ken Skill, and receives a free Specialty for the one animal that most reflects the Beast’s seeming. That same wild nature gives a Beast a powerful personal magnetism. A Beast’s player can spend points of Glamour to add to dice pools involving Presence and Composure. Each point of Glamour spent adds one die to one dice pool.

Tooth and Claw

Can inflict lethal damage instead of bashing damage when fighting unarmed.

Burning Hypnotism

Once per scene, the player may spend one Glamour to surround the Flamesiren with a blazing flame-like aura. Anyone looking at the Flamesiren must make a successful Resolve + Composure roll or suffer a two-dice penalty to all actions until the character decides to douse the aura or the scene ends, thanks to the distraction.
    Vincent Black Scenes
     Imbue Wyrdstone, 
      to Dreaming

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart Flamesiren

Vincent Black walked in surprised to see Circe here. "Hello queen, nice to see you here doing border patrol." Vincent then looked at Jasper , "I believe we have not met yet, the name is Vincent Black."

After the introductions, Vincent asked, "Is it just us three on hedge patrol, seems kind of small?"

Equipment
    "Speech"
    Thoughts

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jasper was the next to arrive, bow and jacket like some wolf headed ranger out of a fantasy movie. She resists the urge to reach up for the cute lil' ears. Barely. "Nobody expects the riotously dressed Summer, dear Jasper. My weapons include armor, weapons, and I don't know the rest of that Monty Python skit," she shrugs. And then another dog eared Lost arrives in Vincent black. She twitches a little, too many cute ears!

There was some concern at how little the two had for this trip. Then again, Circe tended to fight like a mundy. "Vince," she greets him, "I've patrolled solo a few times. I do NOT recommend walking the piers near the river. Rotten, ya fall through, giant crabs try ta eat ya. But ya get good crab steaks outta it," she strives to reassure him.

"And I was hoping fer more," Circe decides to comment on the size, "I got more guns ta lend if we head ta my Hollow. Even a breastplate too," she sizes the boys up and down humming in though, "Hmmmm, straps limits? Hmmm," she taps the side of her helmet, "Eh, probably good fer ya pups."

Stats & Equipment
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

With him stooping over like he is, it's a good bit easier to reach the ears of that giant Beast. He seems friendly enough that he might not even complain. Either way, those cute ears flick forward as Circe speaks and he smirks slightly. He turns towards Vincent as the other Beast shows up, his eyes widening for a brief moment until he feels that feeling of safety and trust that those bound to the Wyrdstone have.

He stands up a bit taller, but not much as his ears brush the stone above him and they flick back, the dog-headed man giving a bit of a nod to Vincent. "Hey, I'm Jasper.. I think I saw you a bit at the changeover, but I was a bit distracted."

The giant turns back to the Fairest and nods to her. "More would be better, of course..." he pauses for a moment. "Don't really know how to use a gun..." he says, glancing at the bow over his shoulder. "Still learning this.. More of an up-close sorta guy but trying to learn new things too, so some extra armor wouldn't be turned away, in case we get into a scrap.. When we get into a scrap." he comments, flexing his large hands into fists as he glances towards the hedge gate.

"Oh!" he says, more to himself, glancing between the two of them. "Either of you got any food I can have?"
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien

Mantle
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Stats and Equipment

Beast: Wolf
    Striking Looks
    (Wild)
    New Identity
    (Vincent Black)
    Resources
    (Bounty Hunter)
    Lethal Mien
    Equipment

Armor

Reinforced Hooded Trenchcoat 1/0
    Kevlar Vest 2/3 -1 Defence

Weapons

Beretta M92
    Recurve Bow

Gear

Burner Phone
    Digital Camera
    Laptop Computer
    Digital Audio Recorder
    Smartphone
    Handcuffs
    4 Mags of Ammo
    20 Arrow Quiver
    Forms:

Mien

Wolf-like ears, bluish-silver fur-like hair. One glowing blue eye and one glowing red eye. Glowing bluish-silver tattoo-like marks on bare skin, depicting Hati and Skol chasing sun and moon. Clawed fingers, pointed teeth, and fangs.

Mask

Tall, rugged male with bluish-silver hair, tanned skin, dark piercing eyes. Silver tattoos depict Hati and Skol pursuing sun and moon. His wild striking looks turn heads.
    Stats:

Health

Glamour

Willpower

Blessings

Beast

The wildness that infuses a Beast gives her a supernatural affinity with animals. A Beast gains the benefit of the 8 again rule when using the Animal Ken Skill, and receives a free Specialty for the one animal that most reflects the Beast’s seeming. That same wild nature gives a Beast a powerful personal magnetism. A Beast’s player can spend points of Glamour to add to dice pools involving Presence and Composure. Each point of Glamour spent adds one die to one dice pool.

Tooth and Claw

Can inflict lethal damage instead of bashing damage when fighting unarmed.

Burning Hypnotism

Once per scene, the player may spend one Glamour to surround the Flamesiren with a blazing flame-like aura. Anyone looking at the Flamesiren must make a successful Resolve + Composure roll or suffer a two-dice penalty to all actions until the character decides to douse the aura or the scene ends, thanks to the distraction.
    Vincent Black Scenes
     Imbue Wyrdstone, 
      to Dreaming

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hunterheart Flamesiren

Vincent was taken aback when Circe mentioned having more guns. Not because he didn't expect her to have weapons but that it felt a bit insinuated that he was under armed. "If you truly think that having more firepower is needed, I guess I could grab another gun or two. But I am usually a hands-on guy when it comes to hunting in the hedge if you get what I mean."

Vincent looked at his fellow beast, "I was thinking we could hunt for some food once we get in the hedge, but otherwise I have nothing right now."

Equipment
    "Speech"
    Thoughts

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, my place is an option fer a pit stop if ya boys want ta kit up more half way. Only loaner I got now is a machete. But if yer fine with melee, I got range and skill ta do the kill helping," she assures Jasper and Vincent as she taps her assault rifle. The Summer Queen was confident she'd enough to solo this on her own without risk. She'd had a lot of risk with the stag statue, but not now.

And the puppier puppy was hungry? Circe clicks off the rifle light, lower the rifle and pulling down her back pack. She draws out a 8" long sausage, wrapped in plastic. Circe had done the foraging thing before in the Thorns and it was no fun. Circe tosses the ready to eat meat to Jasper, "Here ya go pup." She wasn't sure why he came without eating, but best a Beast not get distracted by his stomach.

They didn't have a gold Metal Flesh to make it work out with the Hedge Ewoks.

Circe is then distracted as she re-secures her backpack. She knew enough to not leave things loose in the Hedge.

Stats & Kit

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread