Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Home is where, well, y'know ! (B. Salem)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

NOS
    PRE

The provided address leads into a pretty nondescript apartment building. Not very big and altogether rather forgettable in a quiet neighborhood where most of the houses look the same. Follwoing the logic of bells and/or postboxes, the way goes through the ground section of a staircase, cluttered with all sorts of things that have been pushed over the faded linoleum floor and against the stained wallpaper, past some cardboard boxes with undefined content and down the stairs.

Following the stairs downwards, the floor gets dustier and the feint smell of heating oil sneaks up on unwitting visitors. Once activated, the lights flicker a while before slowly dying off again. Still, two doors can be made out: A blue metal door at the end of the corridor and a dark brown wooden one in the right hand wall a few feet before the metal door. It has something that looks like a lightswitch next to it as well as another doorbell with the faded name 'Kingsley' on it. The only other things sticking out in the mostly dark corridor is the pair of worn sneakers that stands next to the door and the oddly clean doormat in front of the door.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

2. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy was a dark shape as the haunt moved through the streets of Sacramento. The figure paused in a nook to stare at the apartment. With a brief look at the written instructions to ensure the haunt was in the correct location, Bellemy moved ahead.

The dust and debris did not outwardly phase the haunt. Inwardly the beast sneered in contempt at the disarray. The cockscomb blood bristled at the unkempt. Bellemy smashed the feelings away with practiced ease. Many years tramping around in sewers had tempered the Nosferatu's expectation.

Bellemy came finally to the end of the corridor and noticed a pair of sneakers beside a doormat that stood out by it's cleanliness in the grime filled hallway. A small sign gave an obvious indication of what was expected of the haunt and so Bellemy's pushed the doorbell. Once, Twice, Three times and then a fourth held to a count of five.

The creature could not help but smile at the thought of Helen's reaction to the annoyance. Bellemy expected something forceful from the new reeve.

Curse: See Minisheet

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

(Blush !)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

The doorbell rings.

What the hell ?

With an annoyed sigh, Helen puts down the brush, gets up and walks over to the door. She's pretty sure there#s no things in the calendar for tonight, but then, it's not that late just yet. So she unlocks the locks one after the other and pulls the door open a bit.

Huh !

It takes a few seconds, then Bellemy hears someone opening some locks inside, the door opens and Helens head sticks out, looking at her for a bit without saying anything.

"Well, I figured USPS seriously sucked, but this is ridiculous." She chuckles and pulls the door open. Helen is wearing blue jeans, a bright orange t-shirt and bright grey socks. "Come in. Leave your shoes at the door, can I offer you anything ?" She makes a gesture towards the right inside side of the door where a pair of sneakers is standing beneath three unoccupied hooks for jackets and the like. As Bellemy enters, she is welcomed by the feint smell of something like bread and a hefty dose of incense.

The room they are entering is dominated by a table that currently has a small heap of what looks like socks, a bag and a pair of military boots placed on a towel on it. One of the chairs is pulled back. Near the sink on the side, a few towels cover what would most likely the hotplate section. The spot next to that is occupied by a water heater, a coffee machine and a microwave. The cupboard at the wall next to a door holds all sorts of bags and boxes with small stuff between. A Seattle Seahawks cap and scarf hang from one of the shelves, right next to some balls of wool, a stack of music tapes, a radio and some CDs.

In the far left side, a small red light is hanging from the ceiling and illuminated a small table in that corner of the room. It holds three books, all of which look rather worn, a scraped and dented metal coffe box that clearly has seen better days, two small glass bottles and something that looks like an ornate pot on a pedestal and that is plugged into the wall socket. Four pictures, the only pictures in the room, are hanging above the table and look straight at the newcomer.

Panteleimon.jpg shepherd-icon-18.jpg

Helen goes right back to the table, not too far from the small fridge and lets herself fall back into the chair. Coming closer, the rest of the stuff on the table that Helen starts putting aside is in clearer view. Needles, thread, a cloth bag that shows at least a dent in roughly the form of a shoebrush, another brush is currently on the table as is a rag and a tin of shoe polish.

"Ssssssooooo... What brings you to my little palace ?"
    Attached Images

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

5. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy took the request in stride and removed high leather boots in the original Doctor martin's styles that was popular in the eighties and nineties. The yellow threading was still crisp and well maintained and the supple leather was polished and cared for. [color=lightgrey]"No I am fine."[/color} Bellemy said in answer to Hele's question. It took the haunt a few minutes to unlace the fourteen holes as was customary with the design. Bellemy used the time in repetitive movement to survey the surrounding apartment. The art stood out among the furnishings.

When the creature's feet were finally liberated from the boots Bellemy followed Helen and stood beside the table. The creature pulled a small note from inside a sleeve and answered Helen's second question. "A note and an apology brings me here." Bellemy paused for a brief second before continuing. "I owe you an apology for my late reply to you note. I have no good reason or excuse but to say, I only just received it or I would have come sooner." Bellemy handed the note to Helen

"Now that I am here, If you are still willing I would like to hear what you had to talk about"

Note

7. Likes liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

NOS
    PRE

"Eh, better a late reply than no reply. I almost thought that note at the Hotel place would be sufficient, but it pays to make sure these days."

By the time Bellemy is finished with her boots, Helen has sort of cleared the table, even if she's just putting stuff onto the floor.

"Weeeeeell, for one, I'd like you to know I'm kinda thinking there should be some sort of covenant meeting, I figured around March or so and wanted to hear your opinion about that. Also I got some stuffs that I could use a hand with and provided you're willing to get involved, I thought it'd be nice to hear a bit more about what you are good at, so we can see if we can put you in somewhere. I got some situation that basically is an open invitation to you, in a way.

I also thought its been some time, so some sit in would be nice."

Helen fishes around in the fridge for a bit and sits back down with a can of Dr. Pepper in her hand.

"So, hows stuff been ?"

9. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy took a moment to process all of Helen's words before starting at the end. "Things were rough for a time but they are better now. Thank you." The haunt folded bone white hands over a knee in something that resembled a comfortable position and continued. "To be honest I am chomping at the bit to find something to do. A way to contribute to the city or the clan or hell just something to get me out of the house, er, crypt."

Bellemy nodded at Helen. "It has been awhile since we have picked each other's brain about politics. I have grown these last few months and by the sounds of it, you may not hold similar views you once did. It will be nice to sit down."

Bellemy considered Helen's question about skillsets and took a moment to reply before adding "I can be very scary." The comment came out so deadpan it sounded like a comedian's bit. Bellemy realized and quickly elaborated. "We have never really discussed our abilities with each other. So there really is no way that you should know but I go to great lengths to minimize my impact on those around me. To that end I may call on some minor tricks better suited to the Daeva, as well as our own clans penchant for Nightmare. I am adept at not being seen when I require and as you know I have excellent people skills. So out with it than. What is going on and How can I help?"

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

NOS
    PRE

Helen chuckles.

"Oh, if that's a problem, Im fair sure I can find a few things to keep you occupied if you want in. I guess you might want to use some of that time to get back into the saddle, though."

She taps her chin with her finger as she thinks.

"True we never got around to that, but then, I guess you picked up a few things during the whole whip thingy and stuff like that. I'm currently busy with 4 things Im looking into. One of which involves a homeless camp called Feather Rivers. Have you heard about it ? In general it looks like someone is going around using some sort of... cryptid I think you called it, to harvest energy from people, killing them. We have the cryptid and some otherstuffs, but the guy in the background, who may or may not be a magic user remains at large for now. I sort of thought of you when I heard there were homeless people involved. I think I got som notes lying aroujnd if you're interested in details."

12. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy let out an audible 'Tsck" when Helen explained the situation. "I have not heard of that particular camp. That isn't surprising though, there are so many and most are transient in nature. It is hard to keep up. Bellemy thought for a moment, While not an expert Bellemy had a limited amount of knowledge of the occult, mostly from research for novels. Nothing came to mind that was particularly helpful in this instance.

"So to test my understanding there is some sort of energy sucking creature that was draining the life out of the homeless, you have captured said creature, but the B.B.E.G. , who is apparently a wizard, is still out running around somewhere, probably trying to enact some dastardly scheme? Is that about right?"

Bellemy smiled a wicked, sharp grin. "Oh I am so in. How can I help?"

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

NOS
    PRE

"I guess."

It's not like Helen is too familiar with the big camps. Mopst of her work that leads her into that kind of company actually happens around the folks more widely dispersed through town. Also helps reduce exposre, really.

"A cryptid looking like a cat. Someone thought it might be some sort of witch's cat or something like that. Familiar or however they call it in English. Not just homeless, though. It stalked fangers and went after passed out victims of feedings. Fanger leaves them they're alive, that thingy's done with them, they're dead. Apparently some guy who we suspect behind all of that is using the cat to harvest something from those folks, life energy or something." Helen's not going too far into specifics because... well, she's not very knowledgeble in that sort of arena. "So whatever a BBEG is, yeah, he's still around and word has it he and some folks of his have torched a haven of a bunch of folks investigating around biusinesses of his with the folks still inside. Dunno if you know Mariposa Sanchez and her folks ? Them's the lucky bastards. So yeah, we're currently investigating the guy, some places he is connected with and some people who might be doing business with him. One of the stuffs that came up was an organization helping the homeless and I thought that sort of stuff might be right down your alley. So basically, we got some places where the shadowers lost their folks. These folks are really fast, like, supernaturally so. Wew got a few places and we got some folks behind bars. So if you're up to shadowing some people, looking for people in places or seeing if you can find them there or want to apply your charm on some folks higher or lower down the laddewr, just say the word and you're in.

I'm currently pulling together the stuffs different folks have found out. Once I got a comprehensive paper on that, I'll put it out. I'll get you one as well, if you want."

15. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

"I can see how the kitty could be a problem. How many of us were disciplined for causing a potential breach? Bellemy stressed the word for effect. Bellemy hasn't forgotten the chastisement that the prince brought forth to the Nosferatu in recent memory and could not believe that Helen would have forgotten either. To that end Bellemy added "Do you think this might be connected to Mr. Kowalsic? I believe the circumstances behind the deaths attributed to him did have a mysterious undertone to them if I recall correctly." The haunt shrugged nonchalantly.

"You still have the creature?" It was an errant thought with a bit of a plan developing in the haunts mind.

"Big. Bad. Evil. Guy. or Big. Bad. End. Guy. Depending on your point of view." Bellemy shared with a grin thinking Helen would appreciate the acronym. "Do you know how many followers or minions or toadies he has at his command?" It was good to know if they were going up against a few like minded zealots or an army of religious fanatics. "Do you know the extent of his powers? what abilities besides having a familiar and sucking life energy has he shown to possess?" The haunt also added when appropriate "I have not had the pleasure of meeting Miss Sanchez or her kin."

"Do you believe this organization is a front of his or an unwitting third party or are you yet undetermined in how you feel about it? I would be more than happy to assist. If for no other reason to dismantle a potential threat to the Homeless. Where would you like me to start?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread