Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The Ground floor of the Arrow Tower was an open space the Order used for exercise and training. To Phoenyx, that made it the ideal place to practice Space (at least that stayed mostly private). The Wards from the Circle shielded them from sight and discovery, and probably detection spells. No-one knew for sure.

The little Arrow was practicing the moves Belle had taught at their last session, using focal points throuigh Omnivison to improve her all-around vison. The headaches had diminished over time, as her friend had promised, and she was keen to show how much she had improved on last time.

For now, given how chill the space could be, Phoenyx was wearing form-fitting dark thermals and a loose t-shirt & pants over the top, with her sneakers. Soon, Belle would be here, and they could try out a new lesson. Or maybe she would teach he rfriend something. She even had Tea and cookies for after - it seemeed that Belle had a sweet tooth.

Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

The last time Belle trained here, it was an illuminating experience. Besides, or perhaps because of the crippling wound she got from Phoenyx. Thank God for healing magic. A phantom pressure flutters in her stomach as she enters the Arrow Tower, and not the butterflies kind. But something you could always count on from the inquisitive Warlock was learning from her mistakes. And she was a lot more reserved; Counsilor duties had helped with that.

That's not to say that she isn't excited about getting to train with Phoenyx some more. She's dressed for the occasion in a light athletic jacket with a blue t-shirt and pants. As she enters the space she gives a light knock just to make sure she doesn't surprise Phoenyx, but quickly recognizes the exercises from before.
    "Hey! You're looking a lot less disoriented from last time. Great work!" She does notice the snack station off to the side and gives an approving (and possibly desirous) nod. "And I definitely approve of the snacks. So, where were you wanting to start today?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx smiles as Belle comes in. "Hi! Thanks. I'm not sure I'll ever be comfortable with Omnivision but I'm glad I spent time acclimatising to it." There's a small shrug. "I wasn't sure whether to leave them upstairs. It can be more comfortable up there once we finish."

The Arrow stretches one arm across her chest. "There aren't that many spells an Initiate can do that we can experiment with. Not without closer connections. Sympathetic connections," she clarified. "Unless you have any better ideas? Or if you want to practice some more defensive techniques? You are my guest after all," Phoenyx adds with a small smile. It was a more frequent occurence with Belle around.

5. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle nods appreciatively at Phoenyx. "Acclimate is a good word. It really is getting used to a whole other way of thinking, like 3-D chess. Which is actually a lot easier once you start thinking of it as..." She stops her ramble and chuckles. "Sorry. My dad actually used a 3-D chess set he got at a Star Trek con ages ago as a training model when I was learning Space magic as well. He was a big chess fan. Me, I can play it for a bit but I'll get antsy." She looks at the snacks and shrugs. "Eh. It's kind of like motivation. I like motivation."

"If you mean detecting Sympathy, then I do have the means of amplifying Sympathy in others, or mimicking it between another person." And all these fine powers could be YOURS! The schpieliness of the whole thing makes Belle giggle. "But I was mostly looking forward to some physical training. I feel like I've been pretty good on knife fighting so far, but I'm wanting to get better at my unarmed combat since I can't always have my knife with me. And I can't always rely on my stellar ability to take a hit." In the split second after she says this she wonders if that might hurt Phoenyx's feelings, given that she DID land a critical blow during their first sparring session. "I mean...no offense." The smile doesn't go unnoticed by Belle, and she can't help but reflect it. She likes that the Arrow feels at ease around her; and she certainly feels empowered when around Phoenyx herself.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

Phoenyx cocks her head slightly. "I know how to play regular chess. It was another past of my training." She follows Belle's glance. "Motivation is useful, though I was always told using cookies as motivation is a bad incentive."

There's a small frown. "So... what happens if you mimic snother's Sympathy? Does it damage the connections somehow?" Phoenyx leans to one side, stretching her legs. "Sure, we can do that." her eexpression turns confused. "Why would I be offended? Getting stabbed hurts. I thought you would have learned that from the last time."

Sometimes the Arrow really didn't think on the same wavelengths as other people.

8. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"Eh. You're right. Cookies should be more of a reward than an incentive. I read this book on child psychology once, just because I was bored one day and..." She shakes her head. "Sorry. I ramble when I'm excited. It was an interesting book though." Chess makes sense for Phoenyx as an Arrow: big picture strategy and complex movements. Belle had seen it as a critical thinking puzzle, like a Rubik's cube where the solution was getting the opposing king off the field.

Belle seamlessly transitions to her own area of expertise. "Not exactly. There's magic that can degrade Sympathetic connections..." She's used that before, against Nursiae to insulate Corn and herself from detection. "...but their's also magic that allows you to trade Sympathetic connections. Say you have a close friend who's just an acquaintance to me: we could swap Sympathies for that friend and then I could use Sympathetic magic more effectively. Doesn't change how we know the person relationally, just how the magic interacts." She gives a look as if to say 'Makes sense?'

Belle steps into the training area and begins her own stretches to limber up for the exercise to come. "Oh, you know. Sometimes the ego needs bruising before it can learn. And it's my fault expecting it to be a tickle fight." I wonder if Phoenyx is ticklish? Do Arrow's do some kind of nerve-blocking magic that dulls sensory experience that would make it...DAMMIT! Stop wandering! Belle's inner-monologue is punctuated by her putting more effort into her stretches. "But yes, lesson learned. Stabbing not fun; avoid at all costs."

She rolls her shoulders and stands just shy of arm's length of Phoenyx. "I'll follow your lead here, Sensei." ​There's a half-cocked smirk at the word, but her expression is genuine enough. She is learning from Phoenyx.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

Phoneyx nods. "That's okay. I learn a lot about you when you talk." Pink tinges her cheeks again.

Theres a slow nod. "Like replicating another's magical signatures wth Prime. Magic can take these concepts of connections and alter them."

The Obrimos smiles a little, then shakes her head. "Tickling? That wouldn't get you very far in a combat."

She took some steps and faced Belle, preparing her defence. "Alright. You've stretched, and your stance is good. Try attacking me."

Just roll your Str+Brawl! Phoenyx's base def is like 8, so roll your full pool so I can put together a bit of Narrative

11. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"Same." She eschews the opportunity to tease Phoenyx of drawing out Belle's deepest darkest vulnerabilities in a Sun Tzu-like maneuver. But they're not just sparring partners: Belle honestly sees Phoenyx as a friend. "Sometimes it's nice just to just get to know people like normal. With all the mysteries in the world, people don't have to be one."

Belle shrugs. "Eh. What's the saying 'all's fair in something and war?" She leaves that comment open to gauge Phoenyx's response. The Warlock is feeling especially cheeky now that she knows she won't get a knife in her gut for her troubles.
    2 successes

Belle goes for a good, honest one-two combo: a jab with her right hand once she assumes stance and a probing kick with her left foot. She might as well as be trying to pin down a zephyr, but she wants an honest assessment. And she won't always be fighting a magically enhanced warrior queen like Phoenyx.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

Perhaps it was why Belle was so easy to talk to. She never pushed, let Phoenyx reach out on her own terms. It meant a lot to the Obrimos. "I'm glad. I like spending time with you." It was true. That squirming feeling was back when she said it, but it was the truth. It was probably something about Belle.

There's narrowed eyes but a small smile when the Mastigos mentions love and war. She just flicks her hand in the Matrix 'bring it on' gesture.

Belle's blows are right on target - She forces the Arrow to actively block her blows to guard herself. She nods approvingly. "Good. Again. Keep going."

14. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle can't help but smile at Phoenyx. "Did you just really 'come at me bro' me?" But the Warlock is surprised to find her blows being matched by Phoenyx's defenses as opposed to not coming into contact at all. "Thanks!" Belle almost shifts out of stance as she's praised for her efforts, then shakes her head. Focus, Belle.

failure

Belle makes another attempt at Phoenyx with similar strikes, but this time finds her blows less effective. There's a brief flash of frustration as progress is stonewalled. Should've known it wouldn't be that easy. "Hey...so..." She grunts between blows. "...not to get off topic..." Another punch breezed away like so many flies in a hurricane. DAMMIT! "...but, what would you say...is the merit..." FRAGGINSHITT! ​"...of grappling an opponent as opposed to deflecting?" ​Her academic mind and curious nature just can't resist analyzing even while she winces and swallows down curses as a deflected blow nearly jams the Warlock's wrist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread