Ended
Watch

(2301) Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch smiled and gave a little mock pose at Moira's compliment. Quirking an eyebrow at the food she had gestured, "I had noted. Given that I have yet to show up to a gathering where such wasn't offered, I am surprised Apollo's ploy hasn't worked already."

Instead of gaining, they had lost. She was fairly certain the food wasn't poisoned but she hoped those who had brought weren't starting to get offended.

Mid-drink, Phoenyx clarified that Corn would not be showing and so she settled for merely a confirming nod of her statement.

"Do we need-slash-want to wait for Puck or ...?" she asked neutrally, glancing around at the other 4 mages gathered.

2. Likes , liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira laughed good naturedly at Apollo’s rant on the food, and then she sobered a bit looking around and glancing at her phone. Time was ticking…

Moira nodded a bit at the mention of Corn. “I haven’t seen the hide nor hair of Corn, Aurora, or Zero for that matter.” Which begged the question…. Did they leave orrrr? There were other possibilities but the most likely one was they left.

And in came heavyweight Belle with the nano second questions! Moira laughed good naturedly and took a drink of her tea. “No, I don't use magic! Though I guess I could, I feel like that would take away the spontaneity of it all. I do portraits, but in the abstract. So I have a human subject and just paint what I feel or see from them in real time. I actually recently did a self portrait and that was actually pretty hard, and I did it as close to a normal portrait as I could without going out there too much”

Moira shook her head at Witch’s inquiry. “Nah sis, it’s late enough. We wait any longer and we will be here till next dawn.” She warned with a laugh. It was weird that Puck wasn’t here, but maybe Belle was right, and it was just time for them to move on. It still saddened her about Puck, but she kept it to herself for now.

4. Likes liked this post

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo exits the scene.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle takes in Moira’s answers with the wide-eyed interest of someone who loves to know how things tick.“Would I be able to see it sometime? Your portrait, I mean? I know some artists can be a bit touchy about showing off their work. I loved art history in college, and I’m sure you’ve seen I love being both creative and spontaneous.” She twirls a bit, in reference to the times she’s spiced up her usual look with illusory magic. “I like that you’re making use of the craft and not taking the easy route. That can be hard for people like us.”

Belle nods in agreement to Moira and Witch. She knew Corn, Aurora, and Crystal were likely gone on their own business. She felt that in her gut. But Puck…she can’t help but think back to months and months of angry, snarling comments and meetings that went nowhere and personal attacks that burned bridges. Maybe he was starting to turn around recently, but there’s a good chunk of Belle who feels a bit lighter knowing that maybe, just maybe, a new leaf was being turned over for everyone. “Well, all ashore that’s going ashore.” She’ll keep that darker side to herself for now.

She looks around to those assembled.
    “In absence of any objections, I’d say that we call this official Consilium to order.” Her words echo in the Circle, excited but resolute. If she’s going to be part of a new leaf for this Consilium, she’s going to make her mark on it. ​“Anyone have official business to report?”

7. Likes liked this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch similarly nods at Moira's statement regarding delays before turning to Belle as she draws things to a start. Waiting a moment so that she doesn't risk speaking over anyone she straightens slightly.

"I'll start. A few months back bodies went missing. I know I wasn't the first to start looking into it, but ... anyways. I ended up seeing that they were carting them out of the morgue. And I don't mean like subtly squirreling them away. They flat out broke in and hauled the bodies out the front door fireman carry style."

"Unfortunately, the others I were working with who were waiting to track them past that point weren't able to."
    She didn't know why. Didn't much care. The result was the same. The body snatchers had slipped away into the night, body and all.

"Since then, I haven't caught a whiff of further body snatching. Either they finished what they were doing, moved on, or were caught by some other entity." Not the resolution she loved but as long as it was a resolution, she could live with it.

"But if that isn't the case and folks start hearing anything about already dead bodies going missing, I wouldn't mind being tied in."

"And as far as not already dead bodies going missing. Poked into a situation where that was happening with a chess club at one of the colleges. Puck was part of that one. We did end up figuring out that they actually managed to create a ritual and of course it went sour. Like bad sour." The kind of sour that crawled out of the abyss...

"Unfortunately similar to the dead body snatcher, we haven't been able to track the sour. Maybe the seer-seeking cabal ran into it and decided to handle it." She shrugged; it was a total guess. It would be nice if that was what happened. But it was just a guess. "So same conclusion. If anyone hears about a something with a taste for chess club members ... hit me up."

Glancing to Moira , she decided to let her bring up the breaching video game situation. Keep her contributions in theme with the whole dead and dying and Moros bit.

9. Likes , , Xander liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx shrugged. "Fun? I just thought it was about changing something for the better?"

Still, the meeting was called to order - and not by her for once. that was kinda nice.

The Arrow watched as Witch issued her reports. Bodies going missing. Rituals. "It would not be the first time someone has conducted rituals in the city without the Concillium's knowledge. We seem to attract them."

She looks around. "I have something. Since there are no more Obrimos in the concillium, I am standing down from the position of Councillor." She looks around. "I had been considering whether or not we need a council anymore - with there being so few of us, the decisions of a Councilor are basically our own. We can always look at reappointing them when the Concillium expands again."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

11. Likes , , Xander liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira winked to Belle, and held up a finger. They would circle back to the light stuff, or she could just bring it up while they were out at the Blue cue! The meeting was to Order, and it was time for the business.

Moira listened closely to Witches account and nodded gravely. That didn't sound good at all. Yikes. More rituals going south in the city, and more importantly Awakened who didn't see the need to alert Concillium about it. Moira wasn't sure what was worse. Their magical faux passes or complete lack of accountability.

She piped up after Witch. "Well Witch and I stumbled upon something else as well." She paused a moment raising both her eyebrows. "There is a new MMORPG out that is literally name dropping things that only someone awakened should or would be aware of. They made it into a video game. At the least, its a breach of the veil, but so far we've only begun to scratch the surface of what it all means. I plan on playing the game itself and see if anything shakes loose or I get any impressions from it, and I believe Witch had a lead on who was making it! So we are gunna go from there, and may need back up down the road." She said with a little nod and tilt of her head at the end.

To what Phoenyx brought up Moira looked thoughtful. "I see your point..." She said delicately looking between what was left of the awakened. Certainly a more cozy group!

This post has been edited to comply with the explicit clarification on continuity provided here. -X

13. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Be careful what you ask for. So far it sounds like a Halloween special out in Sacramento: bodies being stolen, bodies being mutilated. And…magical chess club? Never a dull moment.

”So people were moving the bodies the old fashioned way? At least we know they can’t teleport.” At least, not yet. “Sounds similar to this mutilation spree that Puck mentioned going on around the university in town. Probably not connected, but it wouldn’t hurt to keep eyes and ears open for connecting leads.”
    She’s not a fan of murderers hanging around her home city, especially if they were tampering with magic. “And let us know if you need spare hands.” She looks around the room. “I mean, unless we’re already involved.”

”The Sancta Trinitas? That’s a lead I can follow up on.”
    She still has Nursiae’s focus: an easy in for a Scrying conference. “I’ve got at least one member of that cabal who’s on friendly terms.” She looks over to Phoenyx, eager to hear any wisdom she has on the matter.

Speaking of the Arrow…Belle feels her shoulders rest in relief at her suggestion. The Warlock steps forward.
    “Honestly, I agree. There’s been way too much hard feelings around the table in past months, so having one less thing to posture with will at least help my ego.” She gives a half-joking wry grin. “We’re here for each other. That’s all that needs to matter right now.” She nods to Moira as she offers her own thoughts. So far this small but mighty group has their heads in the right place. Why ruin that with ivory tower flexing?

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch nodded benignly at Belle's offer to follow up on Sancta Trinitas. That was who she had meant. But it had been a throw away comment more than anything truly needing a looking into. But she wouldn't stop Belle from doing such. More intel was not a bad thing.

There was a brief smile from Witch at Phoenyx's announcement. It was good to know that when a person said they were going to do something, that they would do it.

Belle following suit was similarly reassuring, though in a different way. She hadn't talked to Belle before. But knowing that she saw the folly in the position as it stood was again ... good. And then it was her turn to offer the same reassurance, well, to Phoenyx at least.

"I have no intention of claiming the title of Moros Councilor." She looked to Moira.

There wasn't a right answer here and yet, much would be revealed by what Moira said in regard to the Acanthus of Sacramento.

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Belle was given a glance. "It may be worth trying to contact them," she admitted. Personally, she doubted the Sancta Trinitas would be cooperative, if they responded at all... but it was worth an attempt.

It was surprising - pleasantly so - that everyone seemed to share Phoenyx's view on the positions. It had made the Arrow feel trapped - A throne is a Warrior's prison, after all - but putting everyone on equal footing showed promise. "I had not expected people to follow so readily. In the past I have been accused of making decisions not of the quality of a Councilor, when I believe they intended "decisions I disagree with". I admit that that I considered the positions... redundant at this time."

She glanced around the room. "I cannot remember the last time the Concillium only had women at a meeting - even if Apollo was here earlier." It felt different somehow. "Still, my previous offers of defense and meditation remain. I can also offer training in certain Arcana - Forces, Prime and Life - if anyone has an interest in those Spheres."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

18. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread