Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
(WI) Paying Respects

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch made herself return the smile, working still to breathe through her anger at Cookie.

Which was good because she asked for information and boy oh boy did she get. Along with a few other anger stoking comments but she made herself focus on the matter at hand and those facts.

LA concilium. Mysterium and Free Council. Summoning gone wrong. Paradox tainted fetish that in turn summoned something else. Sleeper cult hopefully still fully sleepers.

Peering down at the corpse of Liam, Witch offered her own dataset.

"A few of us here got wind of the game and it threw up some major red flags that demanding pretty immediate attention. We discovered Liam and his death, and it seemed a bit suspicious, so I came here while another is investigating the game itself. Plan was to touch base once we concluded our respective investigations."

"Shall we see if Liam can tell us anything further to go on?"

She waited for just a moment to see if Cookie would object before summoning the Imago of her spell.

Final Sight
    3 successes

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Then it's already happening again."

Cookie sighs as she seems visibly distraught.

"As long as they don't play the game it could be helpful. The malware has some kind of supernal interference, but we didn't have time to tinker with it."
    When Witch asks her question Cookie smiles back at her. "We shall."

As Witch's imago forms a white goo begins to ooze out from Liam's eyes. It begins to rise up connect between his eyes before forming a flat pane going up from the eyes. A small hole forms, allowing Witch to see through it. That hole then becomes a line, and the line continues into an elaborate stencil on the pane. Liam is visible in front of what appears to be a counter. the rectangular shape of a laptop and what could best be surmised to be a gun is sitting next to it. Liam raises his hands to his face as the pane takes on a third dimension. The hands grow out of the picture and rise up until the stencil disappears and the pane returns to it's featureless two dimensions. After a few seconds the previous stencil reemerges with Liam's hands covering his nose and mouth. He then shakes his head and looks down. The white ooze then forms the counter, albeit much smaller and to the scale of the ectoplasmic pane, with the laptop and gun. A hand then forms and lifts up the gun. The counter and accessories are then absorbed back into the pane as Liam is once again looking ahead. Gun in hand. The stencil then places the gun in Liam's mouth before disappearing again.

The pane then collapses, and the ectoplasm then retreats back into Liam's eyes.

Witch's spell has ended.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Witch can't help it; her eyes go to Cookie. She knew him, was maybe friends even with him.

"I am sorry," she says quietly. That was what you said right? When you revealed that your maybe-friend had committed suicide? Probably not. At least ... not when that suicide was maybe/probably due to what you had done.

Was suicide still suicide when the Abyss brainwashed you? There was probably a legal argument about it both ways. Minus the Abyss part.

Focus Witch. She had to confirm. That was the last that Liam saw but was it the truth? She knew a spell to confirm but there was another just as expedient way. Reaching into the casket, she slid her hands under Liam's head, her fingers seeking an exit wound.

"Do you know what the goal of the game-entity-cult is by any chance?"

4. Likes Xander liked this post

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Cookie for her part watched the recreation carefully. Certain things were known and certain things were not. As the hand lifts up the gun she visibly tenses and closes her eyes. A hand rises up as she looks away to block her view, and when Witch offers her words of comfort Cookie returns her attention to the conversation.

"Thanks." She attempted to force a smile, watching as Witch proceeded to reach into the casket. Hands search and find an exit wound. Estimating the angle from the ectoplasmic recreation, she finds the exit wound on the back of his head under his hair. Definitely shot and definitely where she would expect to find the wound.

"They skipped town before we got that far in the investigation. Sleepers were left who knew to much so more effort was put into clean up and tracking then direct confrontation or interrogation of the cult. I know Mind so I was on psychic cleanup, but by the time we really started to understand what was happening they bounced and we were just kind of stuck until the emails started circulating again."

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

There were a lot of things about this entire situation that Witch didn’t like. And the top of the list changed every 5 seconds. At this 5 seconds it was that whatever they were dealing with was on round 2.

Meanwhile they were on round 1.

Disadvantage was a word that could be used. Easily.

”I’m working with another. She was researching another angle. I need to touch base with her again. She has the digital skills I don’t and maybe she can help us figure out a way to cut to the heart of this.”

Because while the sleeper cult issue that was no doubt growing here as well was a capital P Problem, chasing them down and letting a possessed computer program roam the internet free … well. That wasn’t a solution that would work.

Carefully withdrawing her hand she looked to Cookie. She hadn’t exactly asked for her assistance but that didn’t mean she was actually going to give it.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You want his laptop?"

A thumb pops up and points over her shoulder back towards the front door.

"I got it from the hotel room. If you got a second pair of eyes you could probably sift through them faster then I can. See if there's anything more recent then when he left LA. I'll need it back when your done, but it might not hurt to look."

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"Yes."

The answer was quick on the question's heels. It would still be just one set of eyes on the tech, but there was no need to argue that semantic now.

Giving one last glance to Liam's corpse, she then moved toward the location that Cookie indicated for the laptop.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Cookie takes Witch back to the door, stopping at the last row of pus to grab a duffel bag. From it she procured the laptop, a wrinkled up sticky note with all Liam's passwords, and a charging cable to hand over to Witch. With the viewing of her friend quickly approaching she stays at the funeral home while Witch returns to Moira.

I think that's a good place to end scene. I'll open the next thread to resync the timelines on Saturday so Moira can rejoin the plot. Good job!

10. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread