Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Forten's Illusion: Lottie to Talk About

THREADID
DISPLAYED
FI: Under the Table
Jan 15, 2023 - Jan 27, 2023
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

There’s a strange, shuddering feeling in Conner’s gut. Such that he has to shift his weight to prevent stolen air from hissing out from behind his teeth. The predator is…laughing.

People and cows. Oh, my dear…if only you knew.

“Yes, that’s the creature I was thinking of.” Again, he has to keep the monster from twisting his mouth into a grim smile. “To the right predator, even humans can be considered cattle.”

“No, Forten is definitely not one of the victims. But his name has appeared in a number of reports I’ve heard of from suspicious people around the victims. I think if he’s not directly involved with the murders themselves then he could be lurking around the scene of the crime for some other purpose. Studying the bodies? Luring something out of hiding? It was my investigation into a possible connection between Forten and these murders that brought me out to you and Maschio.”
    Which was another line of questioning. “How is it you too know each other, by the way? Fellow occult enthusiasts?” Conner’s pretty sold on the idea that Maschio is Kindred, but he doubts Lottie is a ghoul or herd member of his.

“Most would miss out on knowing an educated lawyer, such as yourself. I appreciate the kind of knowledge that comes from dedication and experience.” There’s truth in his words, though tinged with that wanting, needing desire. “Sacramento City College. Been there for almost a year now.” My how times have changed.

Jennifer Hazelton

"That is an alarming thought." Lottie frowned a bit. "A bit frightening. Although it does seem like these murders were committed very cleverly. How many murders were there, and do you have the names of the victims? It will make it easier for me to look up the infomation if I have this information." Lottie explained.
    "A number of reports." The woman nods slightly as she thinks this new information over.

"Luring something out of hiding- as though he is baiting the killer? The cryptid? Oh no, Maschio hosts events for the homeless. He funds dinners and uses contacts for arranging jobs and so on. I volunteer at a local non profit to help people and met him through there." Lottie shares.
    "So there is a connection between Forten and Maschio?" She looks genuinely shocked.

So shocked she doesn't follow up on the rest of the conversation immediately.

3. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Consider the bait taken.

Lottie's getting into it, Conner can tell. But now there's the added risk of implicating the other investigators (not to mention the Kindred facet of the investigation) and getting Lottie in more danger than she's already in. It'll take some maneuvering, but this lead is too good to pass up. "So far only a couple murders that I've been able to investigate fully, but as for the rest..." Worry etches across his face. "...I'll need to consolidate some reports I've been filing. I can get you all the details as soon as that's done." He'll have to communicate with Priscus Hazelton to make sure any further information he gives out won't endanger the Masquerade, but he can't lie that having Lottie as an ally would be useful.

So Lottie was sensitive to the supernatural and a kind soul? Conner begins to see more and more of his old self in her. "Really? That's awfully charitable of him. Does he do this on his own or does he work through one of the city's recognized charities?" Conner's still not sure Maschios ISN'T Kindred, but some extra research material wouldn't hurt. "Right now it's just a hunch. Some of the bodies found were vagrants found in the industrial district, and if Maschios is providing the homeless with job opportunities that bring them into the kill-zone..." There's a sinking look on his face as he says this, as if the weight of how sickening a thing that would be hits him. "That said, he's got nothing damning him yet. I've seen him at the club Rapture accompanied by a bodyguard. Maybe he has enemies; maybe he's being protected." And idea pops into his head. "You work with him though, right? You'd be able to get information that would clear him." Or get him to slip up.

Would it make sense to have a Glimpse/Comms with Jennifer to parse up the reports in a more Masquerade-friendly form to bring Lottie on as an ally? If so, I'd love to do that!

Jennifer Hazelton

"Yes, please do what you need to do and send me the information." A business card is produced - it looks expensive and well made. It lists a business line and an email.
    "I haven't asked him how he handles his charitible work. I know that he has funded some of the events at a local place that serves a daily dinner for the homeless. I believe it is called Folsom something. The kill zone." Lottie looks concerned.

"Yeah, he never goes anywhere without his body guard. Occasionally he has an entire entourage, although I never was given clear introductions on who the woman and other two men are. I see him around often. I could get some information."

A Comms thread with Jennifer would make sense. Go ahead and set that up. Are we good to wrap here?

6. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

Conner takes the business card and runs his fingers over it, as if the texture would seep the letters and numbers through the paper and into his memory. It's not exactly like that, but Conner's always had a good grasp on details. And Lottie's provided a lot of them. "Thank you. I know this is a lot, but I'm glad we're working together on this. This will help save lives." There's a shudder in his gut as he thinks of how hollow that statement is from a Kindred perspective. This was about keeping the Masquerade and muscling out hostile predators. At the end of the night, nobody in Court would care how many murders happened as long as they were secure. Which is why every moment like this counts. We may never get moments like this again. "Once I get the information I'll deliver it hard copy. No offense, I'm just a bit jittery about how easy it is to pull up email and text records." He checks his phone for the time. "I'd better get started on that ASAP."

He shows Lottie to the door and, as she's about to cross the threshold catches her arm. "Hey, after this is all over I'd like for us to meet again under more casual circumstances." Tonight was good, but not just for the leads he's gathered. Conner sees a kindred spirit in Lottie: someone who looks into the deep, dark eye of the world and still fights to make it a better, kinder place. Maybe it's time he surrounded himself with people like that?

As Lottie leaves, Conner immediately gets to his phone. Time is of the essence...

Good to close! Thanks for the fun Scene. Will set up Comms thread ASAP.

Jennifer Hazelton

I'm glad we're working together, as well. You have my information, call me when you want to meet up.
    This matters to me.

I'd like to meet up with you and not talk murder."

Lottie agreed.

Great scene!

9. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread