THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck had arrived early this month for once. 2022 sucked for him, and he knew he had a hand in making it less then fun for others as well. As a result, the enchanter brought with him some small seasonal offerings he had prepared. Prepared, of course, meaning purchased and microwaved. Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, yams, corn and green beans as well as sodas and juices with plates, cups, and silverware. There was even some rum and eggnog that Puck was mixing for himself.

The sound of music greets the mages of Sacramento as they enter the Circle.

Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

She never would have figured Puck for traditional Christmas music, and hearing what was playing made sense to the Enchanter. She giggled softly as she came into the Sanctuary and grinned.

"Oooo fancy spread Councilor." She paused to tease him with a wink. "I see someone is rubbing off on you.." They both knew who that someone was. He was tall and had muscles bigger than their heads.

"Looks yummy, and I'm starved!" She announced and promptly started piling up a plate with all the fixings. Fuck picking certain things. She wanted it aaalllll.

Moira tried to be festive. I mean.. she wore something sparkly. Does that count?

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Something was off.

Something was definitely not right.

As she came into the Circle from her patrol, there was a smell of food in the air and the sound of jingly music from the Concillium chamber. Inquisitive, Phoenyx tentatively stepped in that direction. Her leather coat was over for the chilly outside, and a warm woolen jumper and loose pants with leggings underneath kept her warm.

Looking around the door, she was clearly perplexed at the scene laid out before her. Christmas food? Music? "What is all this?" She asked, confused. It was clearly a Christmas thing, but no-one had mentioned it. Certainly no-one had done anything like this that she could remember. Christmas was really just another part of the Lie, after all.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

5. Likes liked this post
    Bump Xander "Bump" this post
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo entered the Circle, wrapped up a little warmer than usual... for once he actually had a jacket on. His nose twitched as he assembled the group of awakened. "Damn, can I just say whoever brought food I think I may be in love with you?" He wasn't sure who actually brought the food but he appreciated it anyhow. In fact, food should always be a thing at these meetings. Maybe more people would come and not skip out on important consilium bullshit business.

He made his way to the food and picked up a plate, picking up a bit of everything... but trying to make sure there was enough food for the others. He could eat a lot and didn't want to be greedy. Once everyone had had a helping, he could sweep by the table for seconds.

"How are you all anyhow?"
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

7. Bump Xander "Bump" this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

By the time Witch arrived the smell of Thanksgiving dinner nearly smashed her in the face as she opened doors. And then the sound of voices. Not that she needed the secondary confirmation that folks were here.

"Leftovers or ..." whatever the other option was would never be known as Witch finally got to where she could see the array. A laugh, "Definitely not leftovers."

Dressed in theme today, her t-shirt and jeans replaced with colored tights, a dress, and a scarf, she seemed at ease in the outfit. Clearly it wasn't a new trend for her.

Glancing around she nodded/waved/smiled in greeting to the four other mages already in attendance.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

As people started filing in the Enchanter smiled.

"Hey Moira. Thought I'd try doing something nice for a change so help yourself."

Was someone rubbing off? Puck was certainly trying, but ended up distracted by Not-Even-Gandalf. Wait, no. She didn't mean it like that. Probably? He didn't exactly know her browser history.

As Phoenyx posed her inquiry, Puck's smile twisted into more of a smirk. "It's poison. Obviously." He says it as naturally as someone would say hello. Mostly because he's joking. Probably. Although, he didn't have a plate yet.

Apollo's question caused Puck's eyebrows to shoot up. To much? Way to much. "Well thank goodness Moira got here early to prepare this awesome meal that totally didn't mostly come from a microwave for you all." Good job Moira. You'll be councilor in no time at this rate.

To Witch, he cheerily returned her laughter with his own. "Not leftovers. Mostly fresh food that's totally from your soon to be favorite Enchantress."

"Total seriousness though? This year sucked, and I know I had a part in making it difficult for others as well. So rather then let the year die uneventfully I thought I'd try and pull something together for everybody. People were always talking about barbecues and beers and shit but nobody ever put the effort into making it actually happen."
    Or didn't invite Puck to it. Both equally plausible. "So here it is. My attempt at a fun thing for everyone. Eat. Drink. Dance. Whatever. I hope you guys enjoy."

Any with that he took a sip of his rum eggnog. Yep, definitely more eggnog then rum.

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Pisces is battling a nasty ick that requires a stay at a hospital. Phoenyx / Xadun if you wanna go ahead, I think we are safe to jump.
    -delta

11. Likes Xander, liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow gives Apollo a small shrug. "Cold. I just came back from a patrol. But for a stone building the Circle stays surprisingly warm. You?" Witch's wave was given a similar one in response.

A sleek eyebrow arches at Puck's sarcastic response. It really had to be something to do with her - it seemed to be his default interaction method to legitimate questions. Maybe he just wanted to rile her? It seemed petty, but he would have to try harder. Still an explanation was eventually forthcoming, and the Arrow seems unable to hide mild surprise. "Oh. Well that is..."

Confusing? Strange? Something more respectful. It is a gift, and you are in public.

"... very generous. Thank you,"
    she finishes after a brief pause to figure out what she wanted to say.

This. This whole gesture. This was why she just couldn't grasp the Acanthus, but giving up was just not in her nature. He was ever-shifting - sometimes as stubborn and immutable as she was, other times flipping on a dime and spinning hypotheticals to be as solid as facts. Obsessed with the letter of the Law but believing in a "Free" Council. A whole year of being pitted against each other, entrenched in their respective ethics, while his council-mates seemed to be always happy to see him.

Still... it made a nice difference to her regular meal.

Phoenyx made her way around and began to make herself a plate of ham and vegetables, pouring a cup of juice.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

13. Likes Xander liked this post
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo grinned at Moira "Thanks Moira, I knew you were a good egg!" he made his way to where the drinks were and poured himself some Rum. He winked at Puck as he picked up the bottle of rum, what that wink meant was anyone's guess. On the other hand... Puck apologising and being nice... I did not take him for the festive as fuck kind. Now Moira, I expect her house lights up in sequence to music!

Was it Puck or was it an imposter? Was tonight going to become the mage equivalent of Among Us? Or, the more likely option Puck had reflected on the difficult year for the Awakened and was extending an olive branch.

Apollo smiled at Phoenyx "I am well thanks. This is still shorts and t-shirt weather for me. Comparing it to New York at this time of year its warm. I trust your patrol was uneventful?" ​It was Christmas, and only monsters unleashed their cunning plans around the festive period.
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread