Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Welcoming an old friend back

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

(Welcoming an old friend back)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

There is a house within a neighborhood of forgotten houses, with overgrown lawns. An abandoned feeling holds over the neighborhood.
    Jennifer stands quietly in the shadows in front of one such house, the aboveground entrance to the Necropolis. She is awaiting someone Bellemy
    The paint is peeled, the shingles are falling off, but inside is a slightly different story. The house is worn, but occasionally cleaned and taken care of. The Priscus had increased security over the years to discourage unwanted visitors.
    Below the house that hides the entrance to the Necropolis.

The bathhouse, the heart of this communal haven, is a bit altered in the time the Nosferatu had departed the Domain. A few minutes before, Liam lit the candles that help create the dream – like quality. The ghoul waits at one of the stools in the adjacent sitting room. Her ghoul, Liam, wears a fine tailored suit in grey with a white dress shirt. The tailored suit is reinforced in areas and tailored to account for the weapons he is required to carry in his role. The man appears average in every way. When a Family member walks by, he gives a deep bow of the head. He does not meet any Kindred's eyes; he is respectful and not presumptuous.

The electric lights in the bathhouse are set for a certain mood: soft and dreamlike. There is a deep pool, its own pool lights calm and steady. There is a new addition to the bathhouse. A painting encased in a special glass made to protect paintings from heat, humidity and damage was predominantly displayed. The painting was created by a Nosferatu, Cynthia Weiss. The subject was this very Caldarium, created some time ago.
    The new addition was brightening the space.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

The feeling of nervousness was something the haunt was accustomed to. Yet a metaphorical cold dagger of anxiety pierced the kindred’s heart. Bellemy could not quite understand the reason for the apprehension. A visit to the place once called home should be a joyous time of celebration, especially since it was only days ago Bellemy had moved through the corridors below to deliver the letters, unfortunately the creature could not shake a feeling of foreboding. Perhaps it is the nature of the curse to not allow basic joy from what should otherwise be a pleasant experience.

Bellemy walked out in the light of the streetlamps for once. Face open to the world not caring to evoke the blush of life. The haunt was invited as a guest of the Priscus and was therefore under a modicum of protection. Not that Bellemy had any enemies that the creature was aware of. When last in the city everyone was very cordial. Prince Antinori was very clear that she would not tolerate unnecessary hostility between the kindred and was very effective at keeping her subjects in line.

Ahead, in the expected place stood Jennifer. Bellemy quickly assessed the Priscus to try and gauge if she was cross with the haunt. With hope that this was not a meeting to punish Bellemy for leaving abruptly, the haunt stopped three feet away and lowered into a deep curtsy. ”Priscus Hazelton. It is so very nice to see you again. I hope you have been well. Thank you for your invitation. It was nice to see Liam again. I must say he can be very forceful when fulfilling your requirements. I wonder just how long he would have stood at my door waiting for me to accept the envelope.” Bellemy's tone was light and heartfelt with no sense of sarcasm. There the hardest part is over. Why am I still so nervous?

Curse: See Minisheet

4. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer took a moment to look over the cousin. Her eyes take in the small details.
    "Bellamy."

A slight nod of the head to show the respect that Jennifer holds the other Haunt in.

Her tone mirrored Bellamy's. Light and jovial.
    "Yes, he's learned that I am precise for a reason. Testing those reasons is never a fun exercise!"

Her tone becomes more solemn.
    " I was pleased to receive your letter. It would be good to have you in the domain again."

"Shall we?"
    The priscus' eyes light towards the carefully composed angles that conceal the way to the Deep.

Bellemy had clearly made an impression.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy smiled at Jennifer's words and moved into the darkness. The familier sights and smells of the caldarium were conforming to the haunt. The warmth of the candles cleansing the creature of the nervousness.

Bellemy considered Jennifer's statement "I would like that also. This city fills me wth a sense of freedom and possibility that can be found nowhere else, It has been too long since I have felt like the master of my own destiny."

Bellemy moved by rote to the bathhouse, remembering the way as if it were only yesterday the small clan had gathered for a meeting. "But cousin." Bellemy switched back to the more informal address now they were in a more secluded location. "Is there still room for me? Would the city accept me back? pain laced Bellemy's voice, an uncontrolled fear of rejection mixed with a thread of hope.

7. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer is silent for a moment as she traces the possibilities in Bellemy's question. Away from the warm embrace, that as it were, of Nosferatu? Had Bellemy felt the cold of a Domain that was not as accepting as Sacramento to Carthians?

The instinct was to soothe her cousin's fears. As Priscus, she also carried the weight of ensuring the security of the Domain. To the scope that Prisci affected with their privileges granted by the Alder Prince Alessandra.

"Sit and be comfortable." Jennifer invited as she took her own advice, sitting on a concrete bench and removing her shoes. The Nosferatu turned her knees towards Bellamy, leaning forward to the creature slightly. A hand placed towards her, palm upwards in a gesture of trust.
    Her Cursed voice of a serpant slithering over dying autumn leaves sounded again as she addressed her cousin's concerns.

"I would always welcome you to Sacramento, cousin," She assured, with the statement. "- as long as you abide by the Laws her Grace, the Alder Prince Alessandra has put forth. Shall we discuss the formalities to soothe any conditions that you have?"

Jennifer proposed, looking at her cousin's eyes.

9. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy sat at Jennifer's invitation with an added "Thank you."

The haunt visibly relaxed as if merely being beside the Priscus had a soothing effect on the creature. "I am truly heartened to hear that cousin." The haunt nodded along with Jennifer's last statement. A look of determination passed over Bellemy's face. "I feel the need to say, if only to you, that even after my departure I have kept my oath to Sacramento. I have made no move against this city nor any occupant within the court. If you wish it I shall reaffirm my oaths to obey the laws of the prince and the land. Although in my heart I have never stopped" a happy grin spread across Bellemy's lips. "And as an aside, I still have not engaged in Diablorie." a twinkle of mirth shined in the haunt's eye.

11. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer turned her body towards Bellemy, listening closely as the two speak. Jennifer expresses a pleased nod.
    " You have continued to think of Sacramento while you were in another Domain. Where have you been in this time, cousin?"
    Dark eyes note the statement approvingly, although more somber.

"Have you made any vows while away from Sacramento that could impact a vow to obey the law here?
    Have you found any trouble that may follow you here? If the answers are to the negative, I would invite you to swear the oath in order for me to grant you a new acknowledgement.
    I inform you that I am watching closely with my blood gift. I know that you are honest, yet the Beast is insidious to whisper doubts."

As she spoke, she strummed a blood gift, imagining like a violin that her mentor Lady Chappelle would play. Jennifer adhered to honest conduct, even when she did not need to disclose actions that she was taking.

2 successes

13. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt hesitated a moment before forming an answer. Bellemy maintained the outward calm and the creature's words remained warm. "I was unexpectedly called away. A pull I was not able to resist. I will skirt the specific details but you do deserve as much of an answer as I am able to provide." Bellemy glanced away, staring into the pool of water eyes following little whisps of steam that flitted in swirling patterns. "I found myself in something of a nomadic lifestyle. I travelled through most of the United States and up into Canada. My travels took me from the grand canyon to Niagara Falls."

Bellemy turned a warm gaze back to Jennifer. "To be honest I don't know the real reason why. I suspect I was a pawn in some larger plot or machination. I was never required to perform any actions that gave me a hint to the nature of the business. One night I acted as a cab driver to drive a kindred from one side of the city to another. One night I was a waiter for a kine family dinner. Once I worked a door at a night club and a week later I sat for four hours in the living room of a house while a mother cowered with her children until my cell phone rang and I was told I was done there and could leave. To this day I have no real idea what was going on." There was a hint of pleading to Bellemy's voice. "Apparently what ever I did was enough to please my puppet masters. As quick as I was called, I was released. 'You have done well my pet, the world is open to you once again, go and be free.' A fancy way of saying I'm dismissed." Bellemy laughed although it was a hollow laugh with no mirth.

"Which brings us to today and your questions. I have made no vows since leaving that were not invested in my blood upon creation. I have no obligations that I am aware of." There was another slight hesitation as Bellemy decided what to say next with a firm look into Jennifer's eye the haunt chose honesty as the best policy. [color=lightgrey]"The things I was asked to do make no sense to me. I cannot in good faith ignore the possibility that I may have run afoul of some unknown force. That said I did not overtly start trouble with anyone that I am aware of." Bellemy looked at Jennifer again with a look of pleading. "If you can accept me back I will swear now to uphold the laws of the domain of Sacramento and Prince Alessandra Antinori. I pledge to uphold doctrine of the court and to follow all Laws associated there in." The creature thought hard trying to remember if that covered everything.

15. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listens attentively to the swearing of the Law. She consider's Bellemy's sincerity for only a moment. Bellemy had been trustworthy and stalwart in the time that Jennifer knew Bellemy. She would not doubt her cousin now.
    "I grant you acknowledgement within the Domain of Sacramento, Bellemy." Jennifer stated, solemn.
    "If these unknown forces come to call, know that I will stand with you." Jennifer pledged. "You are Nosferatu, and we are united against those outside forces. Even those who skulk in the shadows. You have retained the key, so I remind you that you are welcome to make your Haven within the Necropolis. I have not changed my personal rules: I ask that one make themselves a frequent attendee of Court. I hold that no Nosferatu can teach our Blood Gift to those not of the Blood of the Nosferatu.

Now to news: The Alder Prince Alessandra granted us attendance to our Necropolis and brought us a gift: a painting created by one of our own."
    Jennifer looked to the painting of the ruined Caldarium, hanging in a place of honor within their view.
    "There are some investigations going on. I am attempting to track down whoever started dropping bodies and risking the Masquerade. I know that there is someone making bloody graffiti and tearing up homeless encamments in the industrial area that Helen and Priscus Baker are working on. Priscus Durant vanished without a word. Priscus Baker now leads the Mekhet, with Whip Wells keeping the other Mekhet to the line. We have forged an alliance with the Mekhet to share news and support one another publicly."
    I am supporting Helen for Priscus Durant's former role of Reeve. I have spoken for Helen to the Alder Prince and others who could influence the decision. Helen and I had a little misunderstanding over her asking me information on the role."
    A thin smile.
    "Now... is there anything I can do to help you?"

17. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy breathed deeply. A feeling of relief washing over the wretched creature. A strong feeling of belonging once again filling the dark part that counted as a soul of cursed being. ”Thank you.”

Bellemy could appreciate art and remembered that the Prince had a penchant for classical things. ”That is very generous of her. It is a testament to her appreciation of your efforts regarding her domain, I expect.” The haunt appeared genuinely interested [color=”I would love to hear the story behind the artwork, I remember Prince Antinori being something of an expert in the arts so I imagine it will have quite the history”[/color]

Upon hearing the news that there is still a killer leaving bodies Bellemy sighed. Or perhaps it is a new one? Bellemy thought sardonically. At the mention of the homeless being slaughtered a sharp, fierce look passed across the otherwise grotesque face. ”The homeless you say?” The words were harsh as if the beast had come to the forefront of Bellemy’s personality. The haunt coughed to buy time before continuing in a more moderate tone. ”Perhaps I shall offer my assistance to our cousin to get to the bottom of this issue” The creature’s tone left no doubt as to the intent.

After listening to the remaining information Bellemy only nodded. Filing the details away. ”It would seem our family is making great strides within the community,”

"All is well at the moment cousin, no help required. Although should someone take a stab at me during my return to court I should appreciate any defense you can muster on my behalf." The words were light and meant in jest. Bellemy keeping the mood light.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread