Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Matriarch) A Summons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"One set."

Puck confirms to Apollo before turning his attention to Phoenyx.

"Correct, and yes. The investigation by the police is ongoing. I know they are investigating South Sacramento and have been since the first few disappearances. What I don't know is if they are focusing on any specific areas already. I spoke to them once about Carrie and the dead guy but didn't mention the other disappearances or her notes on them. I brought these directly to you guys."

To Belle the Enchanter shakes his head.

"I doubt very much she has any supernatural abilities. She's never pinged my Sight, and if she had one of her own she would have definitely caught me using Fate to measure connections in the office before. As for where and when she was going, no. She said she was checking a lead in South Sacramento. When she didn't show up for work the following day and I saw the news report about the mutilated body I went into her office. That's when I saw what she was investigating. Then another coworker was writing about a chopped up corpse and I was officially spooked. I reported Carrie to the cops before grabbing her notes and coming here."

As Moira spoke, Puck was flattered she already trusted him enough to share a sanctum.

"I got cot and a pillow so I was going to stay in the lorehouse for a day or two while you guys go investigating. Nothing personal, but the Circle is basically a magic fortress where screaming for help takes a lot less time."

2. Likes , liked this post
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo smiled "That is true and Pheoynx lives here too." He wanted to suggest they do movie PJ night but that would likely have earned him a slap from both of them. "Okay, so shall we all take a look through and work together on this. There is a lot of information so rather than us all spending hours going over it lets do it as a group. Anyone good at this sort of thing? I will admit I am not the best when it comes to paper trails."
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx listened to the other questions. Belle's rendered little useful information, but it wasn't Puck's fault he didn't know. No-one was omniscient.

Moira was broadly offering her help; personally she preferred Puck's approach. The Circle was a magical fortress. The Acanthus seemed to be running off on hypotheticals - it was a trait she and Puck seemed to share. Still, it was good she had noticed the similarities between herself and the killer's preferred targets. The Arrow offered Moira a nod in agreement. "Hopefully it won't come to that, but it is an option."

Maybe the answers would be in the reporter's notes

"So, we need to avoid them as well." Tangling with the police was almost certain to add complications.

There was a small nod. Phoneyx began pulling out some of the research. "We should go though this before we head off. It is likely there will be clues to her location in there."

The Arrow pulls out a few files and sits on the floor, back against one of the arches.

1 success

Phoenyx spends the next 10 minutes in research.
    Belle offered to be the Primary in the Discord, so these are my supporting rolls. Additional Dice - +1, +4, +0, +4, +0, +1, +3, +4, +1, +1 in that order.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

6. Likes Xander, liked this post

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

As a friendly reminder, extended rolls are capped by the dice pool. So a dice pool of 6 can only be rolled six times.

Also, the roll I requested was Intelligence+Investigation, as this isn't research in the traditional sense but searching for patterns and anomalies in information already provided.
    Xadun Phoenyx I'd like to ask you to reroll with the corrected dice pool. Just the rolls in the new post, as the narration provided is perfectly acceptable.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Dammit, sorry. It's been so long since I did an extended anything I forgot.
    1 success

Ao thats additional dice of +1, +2, +2, +2, +1.

10. Likes , Xander liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira smiled warmly to Puck and nodded. Mission accomplished! He knew she was there for him, come what may. It totally made more sense to be in the Circle. Good luck getting in here without it being fucking obvious. "I have an electric skillet if you need it too." She said with a grin. If he was gunna go camping out here, might as well be glamping, right?

She nodded back to Phoeynx and felt a little relieved that the Arrow didn't think that was necessary. "That's good, cause if that's what this comes down to.. we are seriously fucked," so says Captain Obvious Moira. She smiled at Phoenyx anyway and winked. She meant well.

She headed over after Apollo bowed out of the investigation part. She was only okay with it, but she would see what she could glean from all of this. "Teamwork makes the dream work!" She muttered and dug in.

Extended Rolls

Adding dice 3,2,1,3,4 to Primary Investigator Pool

12. Likes , liked this post
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo started to flick through the files, taking his time to carefully read the sections he had picked up. If he was honest, some of this may as well be written in Greek.

Dice Rolls

Adding +1, +2 and +/-0
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

14. Likes , , liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle takes in the information so far. She's secretly relieved that Carrie isn't Proximi. She hates the thought of someone being hurt because of what little knowledge or even power they might possess. "Okay, so stay clear of police and avoid having to use live bait. Good to know." She looks a bit shocked at the thought of using Moira to lure out a possibly magical psychopath. She likes Moira and doesn't want to see her, or any of her fellow Magi for that matter, come to harm.

Belle looks at the files, looks at the Magi assembled, and with a wordless, determined nod to Puck gets cracking on examining them. She pulls out a notepad and starts jotting down bits and pieces that she thinks might be relevant. More than once she hands a pace off to Moira or Phoenyx for cross-reference, or gets a tap on the shoulder from Apollo as he points out something she missed. Throughout it all she's clearly grateful for the Magi's assistance in the examination, even if near the end of it she looks like her eyes are getting worn out.
    3 successes

7 successes

2 successes

5 successes

failure

Done with a max pool of 5 for Att + Skill. Though please let me know if I need any edits
    Artifact

16. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

With Belle as taskmaster the team begins!

Delegation is easy enough. While the exact descriptions of people and events varied, files were organized by individual. Everyone took some files and found that Puck's description was fairly spot on. All nine victims and Carrie were between 22 and 28, all attractive to those who were inclined to notice, all disappeared individually, and all nine were last seen heading to south Sacramento.

Not surprising, given the missing persons being investigated were all students at UC Davis' Bioscience facilities south of downtown. They all seemed like rather normal graduate students on the surface. Classes and labs during the day, studies and drinks after hours. The files don't mention specific bars, only the sociable nature the victims all seemed to share as they were described to the police. Four of them did mention meeting some people though. The descriptions varied between accounts, but there were commonalities. A man or woman took an interest in their studies, and pleasant conversation segued into repeat encounters. The man or woman would be accompanied by a few more the next time, and the victim would speak of their encounters with this group of like minded scientists. Conversations would carry on for a week or two and then poof. Another one gone missing.

Then the corpse showed up.

Missing the bits the Enchanter had already mentioned, police were baffled and immediately upped security around UC Davis's facility. Emails were sent to employees to be careful entering and exiting the building. Going by the date the person was reported missing, Clark Davis was missing person number five but found after the sixth person went missing. No evidence of another person was found, only a corpse in the dumpster behind the facility found by an understandably shaken janitor. Naked and wrapped in plastic, the missing pieces were wrapped separately and disposed of in the same place at the same time.

All in all, not a lot of information was available on the perpetrators. Carrie had some theories and clearly meant to check the bars for security footage, but no pictures or digital storage devices were included in the paper notes. She didn't seem to have a lot go on. Fortunately the files did include pictures and full names for all the victims, as well as home addresses should further inquiry be required. The name of the detective on the case is Dominic Miller and his badge number is included, though other beat cops have been assigned to security and patrols.

For his part, Puck was disinterested in reviewing the material again. While the group reviewed he went to grab things out of his car. Two large duffel bags, the aforementioned cot, and a pillow and blanket. He peaked out of the lorehouse as they were wrapping up, allowing the winds of chance to guide him back when he felt more comfortable.

18. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

The Arrow frowned. It wasn't a lot to go on in terms of targets, but they did have an area - maybe that would be enough.

"We have two target areas - where the fifth body was located and the bars south of the Davis Campus. We should visit the first to attempt to pick up an arcane lead to help identify our targets, before moving on to the bars. But without any consistent sightings of a suspect, having someone match the target profile may be our only option to lure out these people. One of us could pose as a Bioscence student? All of them were on the same course, which is too many to be a coincidence." Using one of the mages as bait should be fine, as long as Phoenyx protected them (in her mind, at least). It was direct and effective - she couldn't see any other way for now.

She looked to the others. "We could meet up at the campus and look for the alley? My bike won't carry us all."

20. Likes , liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread