Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Matriarch) A Summons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Winter was fast approaching, and although Sacramento was reasonably temperate it wasn't beyond the chill of winter. Leaves wilted, and the sun became more scarce as the people followed it's retreat into their homes. Parks that flowed with people slowed to a trickle, and some found their mood to change with the seasons.

A single post it note was left in the sanctuary simply stating 'Need help ASAP. Meet at the Circle on (date) at (time). Puck'.

The enchanter stood in the Sanctuary. A certain intensity people had seen recently gave way to a more sullen and grave demeaner as Puck paced the sanctuary in slow, deliberate steps. Maybe the changing of the seasons weighed on him like so many others, but he knew there was more at foot. Enchanters had a knack for seeing as much as finding. This one might have found something, several somethings. Sitting in a sealed back pack on the floor next to where he was pacing. It's contents though were for those who would come to his aid. Some, perhaps, despite the impressions he had been leaving in recent events.

This is the opening post for the Matriarch plot! Please mark active spells and equipment in minisheets as per this post.

2. Likes , Ruach, liked this post
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo had abandoned his usual T-shirt and jeans and now it was t-shirt, Jeans and Hoodie, a New York Yankees one to be specific. His usual backpack had been changed to a much larger army surplus one, but this was mostly to hide his weapon. Hopefully he would not need it and it would just be stored in the lore house... but it was good to be prepared. In his right hand Apollo carried a cup holder containing 4 cups of coffee from Temple coffee roasters... it had good reviews on Google so it was worth giving it a try. He smiled as he saw Puck, his smile quickly vanishing and a slightly more quizzical look on his face. Puck was pacing... this wasn't good.

He held out the tray of drinks for Puck to take one as he approached "I am guessing by the pacing something is seriously wrong?"
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

4. Likes , , Ruach, liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Help". It was vague, but Phoenyx had never known Puck to ask before, which suggested to the Arrow it was something he couldn't handle alone. He always struck her as the sort that would handle things himself if he could. That alone had piqued her curiosity.

When faced with the unknown, prepare for the worst. Phoenyx waked lightly down the halls of the Circle form the Arrow tower, her leather trenchcoat flapping loosely. she wore loose black pants, sneakers and a dark maroon sweater to help keep off the late autumn chill. Her knives and pistol were concealed under the coat and she had 2 spare clips on her belt. She could see the Libertines together - not surprising, given their recent identical thoughts in Concillium meetings. Whether they would accept her help remained to be seen. Still, Phoenyx knew it was the right thing to offer.

She stopped a respectful distance from the pacing Acanthus. Even she could tell his appearance had declined in recent months from the clean-shaven flippant individual to the sullen, brooding one, but she had sufficient parts of that time defending her philosophies to be concerned with Puck's decreasing wellbeing. But now, with little to distract and the context of asking for help, his roughness looked more stark than ever.

Apollo asked the question she had been about to. The Obrimos simply watched Puck for his answer.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

6. Likes , , Ruach, liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle can't deny that she's intrigued, maybe even excited at what this call for help means. For so long her time in Sacramento has been defined by talk about magic and the Lex and Magi working together to solve problems, but now for the first time in a while there's an actual problem to be solved!

Or at least, she hopes it's something that can be solved.

Belle enters the Circle dressed comfortably in sweatpants, a purple t-shirt, and a warm jacket to keep out the ever-increasing cold. She has her messenger bag slung over her shoulder and looks ready to go at a moment's notice. "Hey Apollo, Phoenyx! Puck what's..."

She's used to seeing Puck talkative and active, not stalking silently like a caged tiger. But there's something else about this whole thing. She doesn't know Puck well, but she feels like he's not the kind of Mage to ask for help unless it's needed. Suddenly the gravity of what might be coming hits Belle and her expression grows more concerned. "...Going on? Is somebody hurt?"

8. Likes , , Ruach liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira made her way there looking concerned. Puck asking for help was enough to make her hurry her little cotton tail up and bunny hop on in.
    She was strapped tonight. Just in case.....
    She even brought her arcana tool in her pocket. Dressing carefully so she could move in the clothing in case they needed to jet off somewhere!

"Hey..." she said softly looking between her fellow mages.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

As footsteps echo through the Circle the pacing tiger stops. The dour look he wears as he notes the people coming in is as fixed as the stones of the Circle.

"Very wrong, at least for me."

A hand raises up as he shakes his head to the negative when Apollo offers the drinks. Instead he picks up the backpack offering it to the mages. Judging by how he seemed to strain as he picked it up, either it was filled to the brim with something or the Enchanter was woefully out of shape.

"Thanks for showing up, and yes. Multiple someones might be hurt and one is definitely dead."
    He says looking to Belle specifically before scanning the assembled mages. "A coworker of mine at the Bee claimed there was an uptick in missing persons in south Sacramento and started gathering profiles on missing persons to get to the bottom of it. She got the names and police reports and thought she had found a few patterns. Nine total missing persons, all in their twenties, all reasonably attractive, and all last seen at night in south Sacramento."

A quick sigh and he continue.

"She took it upon herself to go investigate herself a few days ago and I haven't heard from her since. She left her work in the office so I started rifling through it. That's when I saw the story about Clark Davis. The guy that was murdered and mutilated? Missing his eyes and lungs. Couple fingers and toes for some psychos shits and giggles? Yeah, he was one of the missing persons being investigated"

The Enchanter shakes his head.

"I'm definitely concerned. Problem is? Carrie, my coworker, knows me pretty well. She has pictures of me on her phone, and knows where I live. I have no idea what happened to her. Or if whoever did the dismembering has her. Or if that person now has my address and photograph. So concerning on multiple levels for multiple reasons."

Anyone who accepted the backpack could open it and see multiple file folders and binders. The pack is practically bursting with neatly organized forms and papers that fill the container to the brim. Profiles and police reports on the missing persons, including an autopsy report someone had procured for Clark Davis, and notes and transcripts for interviews done with loved ones by both Carrie Young and multiple police detectives. Rifling through it all might take a while though.

Anyone who wants to go through the documents in the backpack can roll Intelligence+Investigation as an extended action. Teamwork is allowed. Each roll will be one minute of reading, so be mindful that if you roll right now you won't be able to participate in the conversation due to time spent reading things instead.

12. Likes , liked this post
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was one of those rare occasions that Apollo could do serious. He nodded at Puck and looked inside the backpack... Puck had done his homework. He grabbed one of the folders. "Is this duplicated? One for each of us or is that just one set of information? Either way I would suggest we all take 15 minutes to read through and get up to speed and discuss a plan."
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

14. Likes , liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx took the offered backpack, listening to Puck's synopsis of why he had called them here. She had heard of the disappearences on the news, but getting involves in an ongoing investigation was riddled with complications.

"Hmm." Removing fingers and eyes could be magical. But it could just as easily be a mentally distubed murderer who had a passion for mutilation. Of course, if it was magical, and they were able to identify Puck as a Mage, that was a bigger complication... but that was several ifs down a hypothetical track. They needed more conclusive proof.

"We should focus on what you know," she offered when Puck's explanation was done, starting to pull the folders out of the bag. "Your colleague has disappeared following an investigation into this murderer. There is a potential risk to you, should there be a magical connection - but for now it is unknown if the magical connection exists."

She frowned and nodded in agreement Apollo. "I agree, we should look through the information. Before we do," she looked to Puck, "This investigation... is it still ongoing by the police? I noticed there are some reports here. While I understand the potential to save lives, including your friend, I would like to avoid law enforcement where possible. It would only raise more problems."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

16. Likes , liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle listens to Puck lay out the gruesome tale and the color fades from her cheeks. She's seen bits and pieces in the paper about missing persons (being an avid reader and fairly new to the area), but the full extend of it had never caught her attention. But this...

Murder is one thing, but organ harvesting? And given that this could involve less-than-natural criminals, this could be something beyond your usual true crime motivation. "Um...yeah. More information, good idea." Her normally bubbly, fast-paced talkativeness is subsumed as she forces back the desire to vomit. "Are we sure Carrie is fully mundane? I mean, are there any signs she was a Proximus?" That might lend some credence to this being more magical in nature. "And did she give any hints on where she was going? Like, was there an isolated area or time where these killings were taking place?"

She nods half-distracted at Phoenyx. Though all she can think about are the victims...the people who were mutilated and ravaged in such a way. And now this could involve someone Puck knew, and who it sounded like trusted him as a friend. Not being able to help a friend when they're in trouble like that. That sucks!

18. Likes liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

A plan was ticking away in Moira’s head. It took every ounce of self restraint not to just grab a wee bit of info and charge off into the blue to go find out! Not the best plan when organ harvesting was probably your fate if you decided to go it alone. Not to mention it wasn’t lost on her that she was exactly the victim profile type. She was in her early twenties and was more than reasonably attractive. Heh. That was another angle her maniacal brain was already considering. As far as bait goes, she was probably the best they had. Apollo looked physically intimidating, she did not.

Police reports also meant that they had the locations where this shit went down. Which meant using Time magic, specifically post cognition, was an option. The police reports would even have estimated times of death and dissapearence etc. All of which could be used to their advantage. That of course would put her and Puck in the hot seat together. And he might be the next intended victim. And the killer knew where he lived. It was better to assume the worst. First things first.

She took a deep steadying breath and let it out slowly. “Okay, we need to assume the worst. So your safety is paramount right now. You can stay with me until all of this is over. Hopefully between the two of us fate will smile on this little evasion tactic.” She supplied helpfully, while she pieced together how she wanted to put this little proposal.

“The police reports are a break. Using post cognition we might be able to get really lucky and get a glimpse of our suspect in action. It is possible they are keeping them alive, maybe to prep their organs or something, or some kind of ritual that takes a few days or weeks to complete, or you know they are just a total fucking psycho, either way they may not be concealing their face and body to the victims.”

She sighed and glanced at Phoenyx. “If all that fails, I think I would make decent bait to lure them out to us.” Why did she look at Phoenyx when she said this? Cause she was the one who had the best shot at beating that motherfucker’s ass, that’s why!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread