Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Decision time

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He leans back in thought at her persistence on an answer. He imagined the Prince might have thrown her out at this point, but for better or worse the Lord had some patience.

"It is highly unlikely that you would break the Oath accidentally. The terms are broad on intent towards a very focused area but prescribe specific actions you must do in response to the only impossible situation that can occur in the language."

He pauses, watching over Helen's features. "That being said, to answer your question..." the lord trailed off just a moment before weighing the possible punishments, "deliberately breaking your Oath carries a best case punishment of banishment and a worst case of witnessing firsthand what would be in scope for an Archon." Heavy as the consequences would be, they were talking about service to the domain and its leaders.

Blood Hunt:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

"Fair enough."

That last bit of information did answer a question that she hasn't asked yet and, as it seems, won't need to. She files it away under 'useful knowledge'. As is, she readjusts the pieces of parchment, straightens in the chair somewhat and pulls up the left sleeve a little. It's been some time, but once she starts prodding the arm for the familiar feeling of some blood vessels... There they are ! She fishes further, until she get the one that sort of feels like some rubber-y tube, bendy, but still a little resistant.

Helen probably could try to showboat a little by stabbing herself with the pen provided, but then, that's not really what she's here for. So she gets her small knife out and makes an equally small incision. Not big enough to make a mess, just small enough to get a small supply welling up. It'll take time, sure, but they've got that in spades, so why hurry ? So she wets the pen and gets to writing the text provided clearly and legibly.

When she's done, she looks over the text once more, nods approvingly, closes the wound on her arm and moves both parchments over to the Seneshal to inspect.

Written text to be provided via Discord as soon as I've got access again !

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(Blood Oath)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

He nodded, somewhat thankful the inquiries did not go further than his last explanation.

Once the writing was completed he looked over the document with a keen eye, ensuring there were no alterations to the language. His eyes ticked to her shadow and then her, cautious of her making a move... thinking she had but mysteriously hadn't.

"This looks in order," and with his words he sealed the document.

"You can appoint your own deputies as you see fit but needless to say should you become aware of one or more working against the Domain or undermining its Court then you'll need to report that to me at the earliest opportunity so the Laws can be upheld and the best interests of the Domain can be maintained."

"I believe I mentioned before that you would now be granted access to her Grace's Rack, and that is effective immediately. I will make an announcement in the coming days so that all of the Domain is aware of your new position."

He carefully rolls the parchment up and then produces a packet from his desk. "Here's something you can get started on resolving." He slides the packet to the Reeve, "It is an account of an interrogation as written by Priscus Jennifer Hazelton. She notes that you should discuss with Priscus Albert Baker for his observations."

Blood Hunt:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Understood. Does the job come with some office space or am I expcted to provide my own ?"

For a short moment she's tempted to ask another follow-up question, bt the way terms have been laid out and the way the Invictus folks tend to be pretty anal about what they say and how, she decides not to. Save a little wriggle room, so to speak. She opens the folder and starts to read the content enclosed within.

"Are there any more available accounts connected to this Forten thingy or am I to get the rest from Priscus Hazelton and Priscus Baker, Sir ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It does," the Lord replied. "It's actually the next door down."

"That is Priscus Hazelton's account, the next step would be meeting with and getting Priscus Baker's."

Blood Hunt:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Ah, nice." She doesn't agree with his statement, however. "Not what I meant. This is an interrogation account. I was talking background account. This is a good start, but there's nothing on what crimes against the domain this is about. I kinda know there's some guy called Forten who has this Angela supply a ghoul for... reasons, I guess. On it's own, that's pretty thin."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah," the Lord seemingly agreed with the lack of detail. He pulled out a file drawer and thumbed through until he found an older folder farther back in the drawer.

"I think you were around when there was a stir regarding corpses with bite marks on the neck popping up across the city." He slid the folder across the table for Helen to review, "This was the last update I received from the prior Reeve on the matter. They discovered there was a creature they dubbed 'the Jackal' and a handler. It was quite a bit back and due to Reeve Durant's disappearance I never did get much more detail on the progression until the interrogation notes arrived."

"I don't know if they captured the creature, but I do know the prisoner is its handler. I would assume that it was captured or killed as the bodies stopped popping up everywhere. Her crimes are poaching and blatant disregard for the Masquerade. Forten seems to be in charge, but it is unknown what purpose his plans serve. Due to the lack of reports, which I expect to be resolved going forward, I don't know much more about the matter. I'm content that the Masquerade is now being upheld, but it would be prudent to assess the risk Forten's plans may have for our Domain."

Blood Hunt:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Might have been, yeah." Helen doesn't really recall, but if h thinks so, might as well be the case. She picks up the folder and skims the content. Durant... blah, blah, blah, okay. JC Smith... blah, blah, blah, alright. Hazelton... okay, thats one, but she already knew that. Moore... gone too, so no dice. Northbridge... same thing in green. Perez, there's number two. Eddie Heinrich, number three. Kowalsic, not available. Wood, same thing. Helen also dimly recalls hearing the word 'cryptid' before...

Hrm...

"I see, makes sense." Seems like the symptoms are sorta in the process of being dealt with while working towards the root. Fun times ! "Find out what happened to the creature, find out what's Forten's goals, intervene if necessary, keep you updated regularly on progress in writing. got it." Sounds doable enough, but then, most clusterfucks start out sounding doable enough, don't they ?

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord nodded at the playback, "That's right."

"Keep us apprised as you select deputies," he adds. "Aside from that, I can begin working on your announcement. Do you have any other questions for me?"

Blood Hunt:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"I'll keep you posted as soon as that comes to pass."

Although she's not too sure if that's going to happen any time soon. seeing the number of folks active in the Domain right now. After thinking for a short while, there is something that might be interesting.

"One final thing, Sir. Does office come with the benefits of tenancy, or does that have to be sought for separately ?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread