(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

This meeting was long past due to the Savage as she was driven to the Ballo Della Notte. Her Ghoul was behind the wheel of her Aston, pulling up a couple minutes early.

After opening the door for her, he leans against the car, knowing he wasn’t welcome to follow.

Heels click against the stairs as she approaches the front doors, expecting to be greeted by Twists Ghoul. For the meeting she went more business casual in an expensive looking black jacket over a deep red, almost brown, leather skirt.
    Twist deltadream
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

As expected, Kalos was waiting. And it was clear that was all he was doing. No folder, binder, phone, or tablet occupied his hands unlike so many times before. Opening the door for Ale, he offered Sacramento's Prince a deep bow of respect along with a murmured greeting. As the door swung shut, he turned with a motion, to lead Ale to the one she truly sought.

Behind and under the stage, through the winding corridors of backstage, Kalos led her, not to Twist's office, but to a small side room. Opening the door for her, he would quietly close it behind her, himself remaining outside.

It was one of many such rooms. Ale had seen them before. Sometimes set up for rehearsal space. Sometimes for sparring. Sometimes for Kine. Sometimes not. This evening, this room held a scattering of seating options. Chairs, lounges, poofs. No single style or theme dominated. The floor covered in layers of rugs, similarly, varied in style and color. Floor lights filled the room with a soft glow.

Twist lay on a chaise lounge. Her dark hair was loose about her shoulders nearly fading into her outfit, a sheer black ensemble that seemed unsure if it was a dress or a negligee. As Ale stepped inside, the papers she had been reading were set on a small side table and she rose only to drop again into a deep curtsy.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod would be granted to the Ghoul, a subtle show of respect for who he served.

As the Savage finally was able to lay eyes on the Daeva without the stress of Brood and the city failing apart, there was a small sense of relief. But it was small and it was short lived, numerous emotions flooded her as she bowed her head in greeting before removing her jacket and finding a chair to sit on.

There was no denying that Twist looked stunning, delicate yet seductive.

But how to begin such an odd discussion.

“I was quite surprised to run into you,” begins the Savage, “I had figured you had left the Domain and not provided a heads up. Not that I suppose you owe anyone an explanation, but I would like one.” If she got one or not, well, that remained to be seen. “And the fact that you are still here raises many concerns and questions.” She never imagined Twist being one to break the Laws, and she didn’t want to assume the worst.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Rising slowly, Twist waited until Alessandra had found a seat, before resuming her own.

Dark eyes watched Ale as she spoke, listening and hearing more than just the words. And she didn't answer right away, a silence was held for a moment as Twist looked to Alessandra. What thoughts the petite Daeva had were not easily identified, her face held still in the way of their kind, of Kindred.

Finally, she inhaled and looked down to straighten her outfit from the action of rising, curtsying, and sitting again. When she looked back up, her face was at relaxed, her tone at ease as she answered.

"The intent was to visit my house mates for the weekend. As you have noticed, I have felt ... restless these past months. The hope was that some time spent with them would soothe me. The Earthquake hit on my way, and I found myself in an encounter with the Brood. Though I did not know they were such at the time." She added.

"I thought they were merely idiotas who had gotten ideas during the chaos of the earthquake." A small shrug, "And so I continued on to my destination. It was there that I found more of them. And realized what they were. I dealt with them and then you and Helen arrived." Dark eyes flickered to Ale. She didn't go into the details of the fights. She didn't think that was why Ale was there. But she would give the details if Ale ended up asking them.

"The trip was meant to be short," she said. The but not said, maybe not even heard. But it was there in the back of her mind.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale’s face was much in the same as Twists, still, expressionless. But it was her eyes that gave away that she was listening, and maybe, a hint of pain.

“Having only recently begun my journey to build a House, I understand how important they are to you and your Danse. The trust you build with them, the sense of family and belonging.” Her voice softer then usual. “If I could help with how restless you’ve been, you know I would. But maybe it isn’t something I can help with.” She had grown close to Twist, trusting her above all others.

“I’ll be having a meeting with the Brood to discuss their presence within the Domain.” But she didn’t elaborate, not sure if it would actually matter. “The havoc and Breaches they caused needs to be dealt with.” And it would.

Did Twist feel pulled in different directions?

“I need to know what you want. Do you want to continue to call Sacramento home, or is your home elsewhere?” one thing Ale couldn’t help was getting right to the point. “I’ve fended off questions asked about your absence, but I can’t keep doing it forever and without some idea about what’s going on.”

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist did not say anything. There was nothing to say. As she had said, as she began her own House building, she was coming to understand.

"They would be wise to listen and heed your generosity," Twist said with a small sharp smile. She had every confidence that Ale would wrap up a meeting with the Brood that did not resolve into them voluntarily leaving with them being ash.

A brief lift of an eyebrow, a hint of surprise. Had she now? That was interesting. Perhaps it shouldn't have been given all they had been through, but somehow still she was surprised. Still, it did answer some of the questions. She had ears after all. She had heard how her name was spoken around the city all up until recently.

"Our home is still Sacramento," she began, "But it has been nearly 5 years..." 5 years since that meeting in this same theater. 5 years since Twist had asked a few blunt questions of her own. 5 years since she had had more than a weekend, a week at most, with Asa and Ishani.

They wouldn't leave. No more than they had before. There was still the Ballo Della Notte, the Claire, Asylum, and Nox Populi after all. They would have to move, had already moved, from Folsom. But they would find a new place for as long as they need. As long as they wanted.

And maybe when they returned to the politics of Sacramento Ale would still be there. She hoped so.

A small motion and a knife was in her hand, hilt toward Ale. Twist leaned forward; the blade held up as an offeringresignation to Alessandra.

"La tua grazia."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The hint of her own smile touching her lips, “They would, but you and I both know how they operate.” There very well could be a fight. And while she held no fear of such an event, she was quite a formidable force in a fight, she would prefer to have Twist there. Her first true ally. But she didn’t pick up on anything in the Daeva’s voice saying she wanted to be part of it. So be it.

Smirking at the eyebrow, “Surprised?” she asks, “You shouldn’t be, you’ve been my closest ally within the Domain for years. I would have kept defending your name as long as it took to speak with you about it.” Though she knew it would only be prolonging the truth, one she didn’t want to hear.

Had it already been five years? Time moved differently to her.

Seeing the hilt of the knife felt like a knife in her dead heart. She knew what it meant, but didn’t want it to be true. Her circle would become smaller. But wasn’t it to be expected? She couldn’t, and wouldn’t, force Twist to stay. Finally understanding what was at stake, and what was calling her away.

A deep breath as she accepted the hilt, her eyes not leaving Twists, not for a second. “I want you to know you are always welcome within the Domain, for it wouldn’t be what it is without you and your support. A true pillar of grace and strength.” Only truth in her voice. “Should you, or your House, be in need, you only need to call and I will be there.” It was the least she could do, offer assistance.

“Archon, Judex, Priscus,” she replies, amica," the last word spoken with warmth, "I don’t see this as you resigning, simply you have pressing matters to attend to outside the Domain.” It would tell the rest of the Domain that Twist had been called away. An easy answer for her to accept then the other.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The knife was quality and it slipped through her fingers as smoothly as it would any foe's flesh.

"Gratzie," she said softly. "In turn, should you need me, we will not be far." It could have been a threat. The words taken out of context, said to another, said in a different place. But it was not. No thread of warning, of forshadowing, wove through her voice.

She knew Ale would not need her of course. The very press of her beast spoke to the woman's strength. And she would soon have Jennifer, her House. And Jacque. If something did happen where Twist would be called up, the Millarrs would be called to fight to preserve themselves as well as the Prince's City.

"Let us speak of more pleasant things then..."

It would be good to see her departure as such. It had been before, those times she had left with barely a goodbye kiss. Family business in Italy. But then it had always been with frustration and haste, an unacknowledged question of if she would survive to return. But this time it would be different. She would spend time with Ale and speak of things that friends spoke of. The progress of her House. Her latest dabbles into color and fashion. Gossip and chit chat about the domain.

And when she left it would be with anticipation toward what she left too. And with her she would carry the knowledge that the domain was safe in her friend's hands. And that the next house to rise in Sacramento would not be foes to the Millarrs but allies.

A smile was on Twist's face as she settled into her chair, a true smile that made her eyes sparkle, and her face almost glow. It likely would have if she was Kine. It was a smile that Ale had seen before, but even so, she knew it to be not often. But it was here now, and they had the rest of the evening.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

While the Savage was not the sentimental type, the knife would hold a special meaning for her, reminding her of her friend and ally. Knowing she could never wield such a weapon as gracefully as the Daeva, she would find another way to honor it.

Her head bows, “Grazie.” It was a remarkable offer to her, and not one she imagined Twist offered to anyone else.

At the request, the topic shifts. The Savage would tell her about her restaurant, showing pictures on her phone. A hint of sadness that she wouldn’t get to host Twist there, but there was always the future. She would mention how much she had progressed in relearning the piano.

Things that you would talk about with a dear friend would be discussed long into the night. Laughs would be had, smiles and memories shared.

It was decided to close the scene out here, fading to black

Closed Thread