Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The apartment is more of an open floor loft, walls bare red brick and floor a darker wood. It was clearly a loft that was done by hand. The living room area had oversized couches covered by a beige fabric with brightly colored pillows and a coffee table made from a door and other pieces were clearly done by hand. Soft white LED lights were strung around the room in various places. A book shelf was in the process of being refinished, a sheet under it and various cans of stain around it. Boxes of books were stacked near it, books spilling out onto the floor. One of the shelves was clearly in the process of being redone, most of the paint scraped off it.

There is a piece of art framed and displayed. It's a beautiful mess of absinth green, the fabled green fairy is flitting about furniture that is currently within Aurora's loft. Things she'd so lovingly restored.

Near the kitchen area was brewing equipment. A traditional carboy, with some beer fermenting in it, as well as a more advanced fermenter.

Her fav part of the loft? Her bed. Which was full of fabric, with a rigged canopy system, also full of flowing fabric and soft white lights mixed in with the hanging fabric. Near a window was a ballet bar with colored mats beneath it. There was also a hula-hoop with five prongs that stuck out on it, as well as a sword, plus some odd looking wired fan thing.

Aurora opens the door and immediately goes to fridge and pulls out a beer, offering one to Apollo before opening her own and taking a long swig.
    Matt Apollo

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo takes the beer, opens it and takes a long swig before sighing. "That could have gone better.... What were you thinking?" it wasn't clear if he was angry, upset or disappointed perhaps a combination of the three. Truth was, Apollo didn't really know how he felt. He was sure things would settle once the shell shock had passed. He had never taken Aurora for someone who would break the rules, or at least in such a flippant way.
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The blonde takes a moment to finish her current beer before grabbing another and sitting down.

“What was I thinking? I was thinking of having the woman simply fall asleep, because she was actually exhausted. If it had gone as planned, she’d be sleeping, we would have figured out what was going on and no one would have been the wiser.” Another sip, and no, she had no buzz, her tolerance had become quite good. “A miscalculation on my part, I own it. It’s a spell I’ve used hundreds of times in other situations without a problem.” Did it suck? Yeah, it fucking did. “So is this the part where you decide to act like you’re better because I made a mistake? If so, just be aware that I used to be a Ladder, I know the Laws and know I broke some, so don’t lecture me.” She was not in the mood for it.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I am not here to lecture you Aurora" Apollo snapped, it was probably the first time that he had ever snapped at any mage in the city. "Is that what you think I am here for? To act like I am better than you?" truth be told he was offended that she would think that. "Aurora." he paused and took another swig and sat down. "For what it is worth I don't think that paradox backlash was yours directly. I think it was Stephanie's as a result of her falling asleep whilst working that horrible item."

She did fall asleep didn't she? Just for a second and that is when time reversed? Apollo was sure of it, but they had been through that many loops his brain was fried. Still, he wasn't going to flog a dead horse and bitch at Aurora about it. Shit just happened when you played with Vulgar Magic.

"We both know the dangers of magic and how it can go... rogue. We did not have time to analyse the object at that point. It was only when we were going round the loops was I able to do it."

"We both know you broke a law, although If I hadn't been looking through some Prime coloured spectacles I probably wouldn't have known that you were directly effecting her pattern, just that Vulgar magic was used." Apollo paused for a few moments while he finished his beer "Mind if I grab another?" Apollo assumed the response, grabbed another beer and opened it.

"I know I am a pain in the ass at meetings but I have good intentions. I don't know, maybe I am used to seeing how the New York mages operate and I am expecting too much from a small town in California." he shrugged. "But I like to have Pride in the Concillium I am part of and questioning those in power is within my nature."

"My goal here is to not lecture you. It is actually to ask my councillor why they used vulgar magic on a sleeper. I get it, it was a gut reaction and we are all human and make mistakes. Some day I may also make a similar mistake." he paused as he took another swig of his beer and sat down again. "It is also to help... reduce... any fallout because of this." She was his paths councillor after all and a negative reputation for her may reflect badly on the rest of the path him.

"So two things."

"Number 1: At this point in time I am going to ignore that you have just told me you have done this hundreds of times." he didn't want to touch that with a 50ft pole. "and number 2: I think the best way to proceed is at the next meeting you get straight in there and admit that you breached. Apologise, explain your reasons and accept the punishment. That way, you leave that meeting with integrity, you have admitted that you broke the law and what you did was wrong." Apollo paused "I don't think it will be the same as the last situation because you are coming forward yourself. It shows integrity, that the rules apply to the council as well and that you are sorry that you broke them and know why it was wrong. No one will have any good reason to keep bringing it up... unless it becomes a frequent occurrence."

"If you do that and someone keeps bringing it up after the event you can guarantee I will be standing in your corner and defending you... because you did the right thing and showed that you have Integrity. From my personal point of view I have more respect for the Councillor who does that."

"It is up to you if you do that, I can not tell you what to do and I can only offer advice. However, if you don't say something... I sadly will have to." Apollo looked down at his beer "I hate to say it but these things have a nasty habit of getting out and I don't want to go down with you for failing to report it." Apollo looked up and took another Swig "I needed to talk to you about this because I am not the type of person to sit and wait and then spring it on you later on down the road. I don't think that would be fair to you."

Apollo shook his head.

"I can't believe that you think I am here to act like I am better than you."
    Apollo

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Taking another drink, “With how shit has been going down? Yes, if I’m being honest.” It was exactly how him and Puck had been coming off.

A shake of her head, there was plenty of beer in the fridge.

“You know, the Concillium wasn’t always this small. There was a point in time where we were full of various mages. It was nice.” Part of her missed those days.

“I told you why, at the time, it seemed like the safest way to end whatever she was doing with the least damage to her. And yes, someday you will make the mistake as well. We’re human, it’s what we do, make mistakes and learn from them.” But with the power they had, it was something that would always happen.

A chuckle, “We all do things that make others uncomfortable. I’m not the first to use a spell like that to try and defuse a situation, and I will not be the last. But what it sounds like you want to do is assume it’s been on Sleepers. I tend to avoid Sleeper when I can, the situation always gets messed up and cloudy.” But he can think what he wanted; it didn’t matter. “I had already intended to tell the others what I did. I own my mistakes, always have, and it’s not about to change.” Then a bitter laugh, “I will always have my integrity, I don’t need others to instill that in me.” What the others thought meant little to her. “And I’m afraid to break it to you, but it will be exactly like the last time. You have faith in people, I don’t. Colors have been shown and sadly, they do not change.” The change would come from her.

“You will do what you feel is best.” Unfazed by him saying he’d tell if she didn’t.

Leaning back, “Look, that has been how you and your friend come across. Some might not want to tell you, but I will. While you have a bit more tact and humanity, it still comes across as you feeling that way. I can tell you don’t intend for it to come across that way, I think you actually have a good and solid head on your shoulders. But words, and how they are said have consequences.” Damn, she needed a shot.

“How did we want to explain what happened when things calmed down?” same page would be good.

Apollo thought for a few seconds. "Maybe the Consilium will return to the good old days at some point and maybe people will surprise you" He guessed he would see what happened at the meeting. "And yes, I can be bunt and that is not going to ever change."

"It is good to know we are both on the same page. I think we both say that we provided a plausible reason for the strange trip they had been on and they believed it."

"The strange thing is that item.... it wasn't a time effect it was a mind effect. It seemed strange that we got stuck in that loop, it wasn't... expected."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A bitter laugh escapes her lips, “I’ve stopped waiting for people to surprise me and for things to return to what they once were. It can never be what it once was, too much has happened and too much has changed.” Did that sound weird and ominous? Maybe, but to her, it was true. “Nothing wrong with being blunt, just expect people to take it the wrong way sometimes.” Ok, prob all the time.

Nodding, “Works for me, just wanted to make sure, because you know it’s going to come up.” Probably many times.

“I was worried it was Mind.” She replies thoughtfully, “Maybe it’s time to try and dive back into that Arcana. Won’t be easy, but having some understanding and usage of it could help prevent something like this from happening again.” Who knows, maybe the right Mind spell could have stopped the whole mess.

“I’ve got a question,”
    begins the blonde, “are things always so black and white for you? With regards to the life we live and the dangers we face. I ask because, well, I’m curious. I used to be all black and white, no grey, then shit changed and my whole outlook changed. Do you ever think it’s wrong to use your magic to kill?” a bit out of left field, but she was just wondering. How did he view such matters? Could he kill?

Walking into the kitchen, she returns with a bottle and shot glasses, offering him one before pouring her own.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo thought for a second "Some situations are black and white. However, some have shades of grey. Our laws are weighted. Killing a sleeper is also against our laws. However, lets say today I could kill Stephanie and you lived or not killed Stephanie and you died. Sorry Steph.... Mage life is the priority, also it would help protect other sleepers because you cant use that item any more. Luckily... that was not a situation we were in."

"Looking at another scenario... if they didn't buy that coverup and said Madison you are a Witch, you did magic on me." he paused "Then sadly without any other options we may have had to either knock them out, kidnap them and ask a mind mage to wipe their memory or they would have had to die to protect the secret."

"If I was just walking down the street and just used say life to stop their lungs absorbing oxygen... then that is wrong. Luckily I have never had to kill someone. But, I think that sometimes by our very nature we end up having to do things that we wouldn't normally do. For me to take that action I have to be out of other choices."

"Why do you ask?"
    Apollo

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I’m pleasantly surprised you see some of the grey.” She would have killed the woman if it had been her call. Things needed to be protected.

“I wouldn’t have sought out a someone proficient in Mind. I would have ended them because it solved the problem then and there, without bringing someone else into it. Not that it would have been an easy decision, all life is precious.” Taking it was not something to be done at the drop of a hat.

Pouring another shot, “I ask because I have, and I was curious as to your own thoughts on such actions. While it was to defend the other Awakened I was with, it was also something I regret. I just don’t want others to have to face that regret and to live with the consequences of such an act. So I hope you never have to.” Her words softer, it was true, she didn’t want others to kill. The usual carefree Shaman was a bit more somber, some cracks showing in her tough exterior.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

If he was completely honest plan B was to kill the sleepers if they did not buy the cover up. "I am sorry you had to do that and I hope I won't ever have to do that." he paused "I may be a bit... right wing with the rules at times. But if you ever have to do it again let me know and I can be round here with a bottle of Vodka." Sometimes you just had to drink and talk it out, sometimes as a mage you were put in bad situations and you had to choose the lesser of two evils. "Right, not that I want to lecture and run" he gave her a wink. "But, we have been stuck in a time warp for too many hours and I think I just need to sleep"
    Apollo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread