(Confidants) A delicate matter part One

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

A taxi stopped in front of the Nox, one of the rear doors opened and the tip of a cane slowly slid out followed by the rest of Al, having forced a semblance of what counted for life to him and looking quite more calm than he was. This was a very important meeting, as it was about Acknowledgement (supposed to be temporary, but the whole matter had the potential of becoming uglier than the Somme back in the days if the wrong factors were applied). He actually didn't know if he was allowed to be present when Ruby and Her Grace would be discussing the matter, as it could be seen as Clan business, but there had been similar instances where it was expected to have someone to vouch for the one seeking Acknowledgement and besides it was a favour for a friend. After paying the driver he waited for Ruby to get out so that they might get this appointment done.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Bookkeeping

Jennifer Hazelton

An average looking woman with dark hair, wearing a general black dress in a modest cut stepped out of the vehicle.

"Are you certain that this is the best idea?". She asked Albert quietly.
    "The Prince is the same Covenant as the Madame who's looking for me."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Albert and his guest were meet by Gabriel, the Prince’s Ghoul, who led them into Elysium and into Ale’s office.

What you would first notice was in the center of the room, an expensive desk that was a rich dark mahogany. It was large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies were placed here and there, adding her own unique style to the room.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it. Another skull with butterflies on it was placed on a shelf behind her.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Some blue, some green and some a mixture.

Playing softly from speakers placed around the room was Beethoven.

The wall behind the seating area had a painting hanging, The Young Martyr, a small light hanging above it. Illuminating it softly.

Two new chairs sat in front of the desk, Italian made and a deep shade of brown. There was a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

Sitting behind the desk was the Prince herself, and she appeared to be going over various things in numerous open folders. Technically, she had planned on taking the night off and spending it at her restaurant, but, duty and all. As such, she wore a green color tank top with black pants, her hair up. Of note, hanging off the side of the chair was a double holster with two guns nestled within.

Hearing the guest arrive, she doesn’t look up at first, allowing for a chance to gain control over her Beast, who wanted the blood of the weak ones, Grazie Gabriel.” She mutters, closing folders. Finally, she looks up as the Ghoul closes the door. “Dr Baker, introduce me to your friend and have a seat.” on the other side of the desk, the large head of Cain, her Hell Hound, pokes, his dark, murderous eyes intently watching the other two Kindred.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

​Al sighed, as it was risky, yes, but not keeping to the proper protocols would be worse. The situation was quite delicate and caution was the best course...

"It certainly is better than not getting Acknowledged and taking the risk of getting dragged here as a poacher, don't you think? While there indeed is a risk in seeking legal Acknowledgement, as for example the fact that there are mandatory Court sessions, it is far smaller than the risk in trying to stay illegally."

He paused for a moment before continuing in a try at a more familiar approach and a reassuring smile.

"I know. It's easy to say for me, but trust me, we'll not get into trouble today I think and I'm still working on the plan for the aftermath..."

Upon noticing someone arriving, the smile shrunk considerably and he followed Gabriel after a short nod indicating he had noticed his presence. Just before having the door opened he took a breath and mentally recited a prayer to keep himself from following the impulse that urged him to run fast and a great distance.

When the door was opened he entered the office and took a look at the picture and listening to the music before paying his dues to Her Grace with a bow.

"Your Grace, I present Miss Ruby Rowland. Ruby, you are in the presence of Her Grace Alessandra Antinori, Prince of the Domain and Priscus of the Gangrel."

After the introduction he took a seat though he took care in sitting on the one chair far away from the dog.

Jennifer Hazelton

The Kindred only shot Albert a look that was hard to read. It was likely that this woman was ambivalent. She was quiet as she followed Gabriel and Albert into the Prince's office.
    She appears meek as she wrestles with her Beast against such a powerful Beast. Her own Beast is Cloaked.

"Alder Prince," The Gangrel gave a deep curtsy to the Prince. "- thank you for meeting with us. I am Ruby Rowland." Redundant with the introduction, yet she was eager to be upfront.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod to Albert, acknowledging his presence and his introduction. It wasn’t an Invictus matter, so the missing titles for that didn’t bother her.

So far, the girl seemed to know her manners. Always a good thing.

Cain, for his part, simply watched and…waited. For a command, for someone to step out of line.

“You can sit as well.” A gesture to the chairs, “I always make time not only for those of my Domain, but Family as well. Pleased to meet you Miss Rowland, but this is a bit of an unconventional way to go about Acknowledgement,” dark eyes settling on her Cousin, “is there a reason for that?”

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded on the question whether there was a reason for going this unconventinal way and began to explain, what little he could.

"Indeed, your Grace. There has been trouble in her home domain and her Sire sent her here to keep her safe, as I'm about the person he trusts the most and we figured being here illegally until the problems are resolved wouldn't be right."

He paused for a moment to think then continues.

"Sam swears he saw three assailants attacking Mr. Camp and I do believe him though by the time someone else entered the scene there were only him and Ruby left to be seen. The other person, a Mrs. McIntyre of course insits they are the culprits. To my knowledge the Ghoul has been found a short time ago and thusly that problem might get resolved as soon as he's in a condition to be questioned which still leaves the matter of convincing Mrs. McIntyre. Though that might be the lesser of the problems as investigations into the actual culprits are being done..."

He paused again, as the causa Camp wasn't the main problem but he feared that there were three vultures circling closer to him, waiting to get their claws in him.

"The second problem seems barely connected with the first one, but it might be more severe. What I know is that someone torched the Havens of the coterie that brought Ruby here and I don't think it's a coincidence. There is a slight chance that it may be, but it's unlikely. Rather it may be that an old enemy used the opportunity and the smaller matter to locate me..."

Jennifer Hazelton

The Gangrel took a seat at the Prince's invitation.
    "Thank you, Your Grace. Yes, Priscus Baker is an old friend.
    I thought it could help to have a person who could speak to my character.

I don't have many allies in Florida, outside of my family. I hope that I could stay here until the Reeve closes the investigation that finds the truth.
    I assure you, Your Grace, I am not violent. I am innocent of the matter described.

I would swear to it."

The Gangrel appears honest, vehemently yet respectfully arguing her point.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

And then Albert talks…and talks.

“Being here illegally is not just, not right, but illegal and more importantly, against the Laws.” Which was more important. So he knew her Sire?

Huh.

But as she listens, she realizes what an absolute cluster fuck it was. Feeling like she needed one of those boards where she could string things that were connected together to make any sense.

“That was a very well worded explanation Dr. Baker. But I want to hear it from her, in her words.” Dark eyes looking back to Ruby.

“Even if someone sings your praises, it doesn’t sway my decisions.” Never had. “I’ve had Kindred come before me of the Invictus with letters telling their tales of honor and defense,” she begins, “only to have them turn around and completely fuck it up. Words are just words, rather spoken or written.” This Savage looked at actions.

“We are all violent.” It was their nature.

“Why flee if you are innocent? You do realize that doesn’t make you look good, right?” how new was this one?

“Be careful about agreeing to swear to something, I am of the First Estate and our Oaths are nothing to swear to lightly.” Not that it would be a loss if this one screwed around and found out. “Us sharing a Clan does not grant you a special standing, none get special treatment in my Domain.” She leans back, “So, in your own words,” a look shot to Albert, one that told him he best not speak for this girl again, “why are you here?”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread