Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Private) Confidants Meet

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Vino Veritas had a sign on one of the doors announcing it was closed for the evening due to a private event.

But the right people could enter, Jacque and the Kindred who had reached out. Inside the door, where the coat check was, one would find Gabriel, in a suit, waiting for the indicated Kindred to arrive. From the coat check, you could catch a glimpse into the main dining area, dimly lit. Tables and booths were scattered, an extensive bar could be seen, a rich dark mahogany, as well as a wall with numerous wine bottles on display. Looking up would show more dining areas, but these were private booths.

He would offer to take any jackets and bags before leading them to a door and then leading them up a stair case and down a hall. There were a few doors, but the only thing of note were the private booths that overlooked the main dining space. These were the private booths setup for those who wanted a quieter evening out, overlooking the restaurant and their own personal waitstaff.

There was a large wooden door at the end of the hall, and Gabriel knocked, before entering a code on a keypad. The room they entered was fairly large, with a full-size piano, wet bar, seating area and a desk. Standing near a filing cabinet was the Prince in the process of signing a paper and placing it in a folder. Dressed in a suit of sorts, loose fitting black pants with a suit jacket, over which was a corset looking top. Ink visible under the lacier parts, as well as on her stomach.
    Jacque Killian Seryna
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jennifer Hazelton

A young woman with dark hair in a low chignon and steel blue business suit with a white dress shirt, carrying an expensive attache case walked three steps behind a beautiful woman. The second woman who walked forward with confidence, in a lady like stride was striking. Striking Looks 4: Beautiful The woman was strikingly beautiful, elegant with her dark brown hair in a half up hairstyle with some loose waves around her face. Her eyes were deep brown. She was dressed in an elegant black gown with 3/4 length sleeves and a striking peacock purple shawl. An amythest and gold bracelet sparkles on her wrist.

The woman in the blue business suit presented Madame Rebecca McIntyre quietly with discretion. The case was turned over at the coat check. The two women follow Gabriel, with one woman three steps behind the beautiful woman. The woman walking first has BP 2.
    The woman with the low bun curtseys quietly to Alessandra as they reach her. She remains in a bowed position, head lowered. Eyes remaining on the floor.

The woman lowered into a elegant curtsy, held for several moments.
    "Good evening." The woman speaks with quiet deference, yet with obvious respect as she bows her head. "I am Madame Rebecca McIntyre, childe of Lady Technologist Mary McIntyre, childe of Baron Van Woods." There is a slight hesitation. The lineage was not mentioned, perhaps she was ensuring that the room was verified for open conversation.

faceclaim

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Brisk steps rapped in a methodical pattern as the Lord made his way into the restaurant. He had intended to be there early but with these busy nights there was always something impeding him if not by mere minutes. Approaching the coat rack he slipped out of his jacket and held it out by a finger. Underneath was a long sleeved, white dress shirt and a vest colored with deep purples over black. Gold accented him from the jewelry he wore- the cufflinks, tie bar and Rolex.

He made it into the room in time for introductions, "Well met, Madame McIntyre." He announced his arrival to the trio as his beast shook within its cage. "May I introduce Alder Lady Alessandra Antinori, Prince of Sacramento and Priscus of Gangrel..." He bowed his head with respect as he finished the introduction. "I am, as you've no doubt surmised Seneschal Jack, Speaker of the First Estate and Priscus of Ventrue." Only a small correction from her original letter.

He looked to the Prince to set off the conversation, "In most any other circumstance this could have been handled without taking time from your schedule, but in this case I understand that the Kindred Madame McIntyre is searching for is of your blood and she has requested extradition. With those details in mind I believed you'd want a first hand discussion of the matter."

With that said, the Lord looked to McIntyre to add any details as she saw fit to add.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her Beast reacted before Ale did, snarling, pacing and wanting the blood of the weaker Beast. Thankfully, the Italian was used to this and quickly puts her Beast back in its corner.

Briefly looking over her guests, she notes the woman’s beauty, and would be surprised if she wasn’t a Daeva. But the obvious display of Clan colors proved that wrong. A nod to the bow and curtsy, her way of telling them they could rise.

“Welcome to Sacramento Madame McIntyre, please, feel free to have a seat.” Gesturing to the seating area. “Seneschal Jacque should be here shortly and then we can begin. I hope the trip was uneventful for you.” Was she concerned he was running a bit behind? No. He had been busy with various tasks she had requested of him. “And feel free to speak freely here, this is my establishment and it’s secure.” Hoping to put any concerns at rest.

Seemed Jacque wasn’t too far behind. She nods to him as he introduces her, one of the few Kindred who always got her titles correct.

“Good evening, Seneschal Jacque.” A smile offered, “I was just inviting Madame McIntyre to the seating area.” Another gesture.

The Savage takes a seat, crossing her legs and leaning back. As Jacque explained, she listened, nodding here and there with glances to their guest. All of which had been included in the letter Jacque had sent to her.

“Madame McIntyre,”
    looking to her, full attention, “I look forward to hearing from you on the matter. Letters can only explain so much, and things get lost in the written word.”

Jennifer Hazelton

The beautiful Kindred curtseys to Seneschal Jack upon his approach. Behind her, the ghoul curtseys. Upon rising, the ghoul keeps her eyes down. Madame McIntyre nods to Jack with appreciation for clear introductions.

"Thank you, Alder Lady Prince Alessandra, Priscus of the Gangrel."
    She speaks clearly, yet with humility. A blend of self confidence and respect for the Officials before her.
    "This is my ghoul, Elenore Hostewick."
    Madame McIntyre claims a seat, leaving the second most desirable seat for Jack. She claims one across from the Prince.
    The ghoul moved discreetly some ways away, waiting in case she was needed.

Brown eyes move to Jack.
    "Yes, I can see good sense in alerting the Head of the Gangrel family. I am afraid that there is some background information that I must explain. If anything is unclear, please ask."
    Eyes move between the Prince and Seneschal as she speaks.

"A Kindred earned the right to Embrace a mortal by the name Campan. The Embrace was to happen very soon.

After leaving Elysium, I heard a commotion. I hurried towards the sounds to find the Gangrel woman standing over Campan. Campan was badly beaten. I commanded Elenore to call an ambulance.
    I strode towards the young Gangrel. At the time, I did not know her name. She was not influential, simply acknowledged. She has a close ally that she is almost always with. I told her to come with me for questioning.

She declared that she did not do this thing, that other Kindred committed the assault. And that she came upon the scene.
    I asked her who had committed the act, and she indicated the street that led to the South side and named a Crone maiden and others that she doesn't know.
    I asked her name, and she ran. I gave chase, yet was careful not to exhibit characteristics that would make the evening news.
    I lost her.

I returned to oversee my ghoul assisting Campan into the ambulance.
    Oddly enough, the mortal was missing by the next night.

I have recently received a message that they were found in a rehabilitation clinic outside of Florida. They were missing for some time.
    I reported to the Reeve, who I was told questioned the Crone maiden who was accused. The maiden had been in Elysium with two other Crone, this was verified.

They had been at the scene. The Crone initially lied and said that they saw nothing, before confessing that they saw Camp. They claim that the person was fine when they departed.

I went looking for the other witness or the assailant, it was unclear. I discovered that they had not been seen since that night. I found a bus schedule that traveled to California.
    I was asked to come bring the individual back for questions. Oddly, she seems to have gone completely off the grid."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He nodded to McIntyre as she introduced her ghoul, deliberate in not acknowledging them directly but merely acknowledging their existence.

He sat himself as Rebecca spun her tale that took her from coast to coast.

He thought of his questions from what she revealed, "You mentioned that at the time you did not know the Gangrel's name. I take it you do now?"

"I take it that the Crone maiden has not been fully cleared as of yet?" The circumstances made it plausible, but it wasn't a bulletproof alibi either.

Last but not least for this round, "What can you tell me about the target's close ally?" if we know they're usually kicking around he certainly wants to know who will try and stop him.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The name of the Ghoul was inconsequential to her.

Oh, story time! She had actually been looking forward to hearing what was going directly and not in letter form. It was easy to lie in a letter, harder to do so when you sat in front the Prince.

Hearing about a Kindred being granted the rights to Embrace always surprised her. The risk was great and the payout was iffy at best.

“Who is her close ally? Ally refers to some sort of relationship, someone who maybe would lie for her.” Maybe.

And the Crone lied? It didn’t surprise the Savage, the ones she had dealt with were liars as well.
    “If the Crone had lied, who verified they were in Elysium then?” why did shit have to be complicated?

“What lead you here? There must have been some information gathered to point you to Sacramento. And it’s not difficult for a Savage to go off grid if they need to.” It was a survival tactic, and one she had used a few times herself. "Does the Gangrel in question have ties here that you've uncovered?"

A nod to Jacque and his questions, “I would also like her name, and general description, as I do not know of any other Gangrel within the city. Sure, there are the faceless at Elysia, but no recent arrivals. Though if she is in hiding, that complicates things a bit.”

Jennifer Hazelton

“The Kindred that I am looking for is Ruby Rowland. The close ally is Mr. Sam Tressilian, of the Gangrel. Mr. Sam Tressilian is Ms. Rowland’s Sire.”
    A look to Jack as she continues. “Yvonne Aldridge lied, which has placed a pall on the Crone of Islamorada. She has no account of her time immediately after she was seen leaving Elysium, which suggests she may have committed the assault. Or was doing something she won’t officially admit.”

A look to the Prince as she replied.
    “The three members of the Crone were seen by others in Elysium.” Madame McIntyre looks between the two as she continues.
    “Mr. Sam Tressilian has been in Florida for some time. He has stayed under the radar, until now. He helped with an investigation last year, catching someone who was under Blood Hunt. I spoke to some of his Family, who say that they do not think he or Ms. Rowland have bad feelings towards Tiff or any issue with the Right to Embrace.
    Tiff being the Kindred who was granted the Right to Embrace Camp.

Mr. Tressilian remains in our home Domain, asserting his childe’s innocence. He claims that it is mistaken identity. His childe happened upon Camp right as I did. I was told that he was not seen for five days of last week. Yet he was spotted in Eternal Court in Islamorada last night.”

A look to the Prince.

“I was permitted with the Reeve into Ms. Rowland’s Haven to search for her and evidence this was a plot. I found a receipt from the bus station and two maps. One of San Diego and one of Sacramento. I found a fragment of a letter that appeared hastily torn. The only words legible were ‘old friend has gone to,’ and ‘best if we do not meet, so they can not continue their work against us’.

Elenore has a photo copy of the pieces in the case we checked in if you would like it.

I have already searched San Diego.
    The young Gangrel Kindred appears quite average: average build and height. Dark hair. Appeared rather quiet to me, as I had no reason to know her name until this situation. Held the the laws. Is well thought of by her Family, for they have no tidbits to slip to me in private in the hopes of getting her in trouble.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quote Originally posted by Rebecca McIntyre:
    Elenore has a photo copy of the pieces in the case we checked in if you would like it.
    "I would," the Lord responded. "And the letter of reference you travel with."

"That is a very thorough overview and I thank you for it. The one part I haven't quite put my finger on is your personal stake in all this. The Reeve and Prince have an interest in a crime, the Crone in defense of their name, Mister Tressilian in defense of his childe and Ms Tiff for the sake of their future childe." He lifted his hand with his palm open, "What drives you, Madame McIntyre to travel across the continent in pursuit of this suspect?" A deputy perhaps? Or was it something more personal...

He had for a brief moment considered sealing lies from her lips but sometimes it was more valuable to hear what they want to say, true or not.

3 successes

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Part of her wonders why there was such a huge fuss made about it. It was simply cattle to her, but seemed someone valued this cattle enough to want to Embrace it.

“The one who was under the Bloodhunt, did they have allies who may now have an issue with Mr. Tressilian? A good way to get back at one is to ruin or take out their Childe.” It wasn’t unheard of. “You said you didn’t think they had an issue, there very well could be one brewing under the surface.” A well-kept secret with strings pulled behind the scenes.

“Mistaken identity, or someone pushing the illusion that she was responsible for it. We ran into that here where someone made false accusations against a high-ranking member of the Domain.” So maybe someone trying to save face? “The Kine wasn’t seen for five days of last week? Then was attacked the night he appeared in Court?” a thoughtful look, “Sounds like someone is being played.” Was the cattle a deal gone bad?

A single nod, “I would like to see them. But has anyone explored the path that this was an elaborate setup from the very beginning?” years ago, she might have assumed the worst. But she’s learned that things are not always as they seem.

“What strikes me as odd, is if she has been upholding the Laws, quiet and well thought of, why all this.”
    The pieces were there, but not all of them. “Why run?”

And then Jacque raised a very good question, and once again, reminded Ale why he was her Seneschal. Dark eyes looking once again to the woman.

“This sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for such a matter. What are you not telling me?” because that was never a good thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread