Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2211) Sanctuary

Oct 1, 2022 : (2210) Consilium
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

Corn, as quite often is the case, shows up first. The Moros councilor is dressed in black and holds a large cup of coffee. He's not particularly optimistic about this meeting after last month, but you never know. Perhaps someone would have something interesting to say or newcomes may show up. Or some of the old faces.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Did she want to forget there was a meeting this month? Yup. Cause truth be told, they were becoming pointless.

Dressed for the cooler weather, she walks in, bag slung over her shoulder and a drink in hand. The bag may or may not contain said mentioned doll from last month. Cause hell, you never know when someone will take you up on your offer.

Seeing Corn she nods and takes a seat, sipping from the travel mug.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn smiles to Aurora. "Hello, Dadouche? How are you this month? Do we have anything in the agenda for this meeting? Personally I don't have anything but I am here to check if newcomers will show up or if old people may resurface."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A slight sigh and shrug, “I’m here.” That was all she could say. Mentally, she was exhausted from last month, but, she’d get through it. “I don’t know of any agenda, it’s not like everyone is keen on communicating those types of things.” Taking a sip, “I’m here because my position tells me I have to be.”

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn gave a sigh, an understanding one. "I understand these things may be boring for you, but many in the city look up to you, so please keep finding the fortitude to come to the meetings. And think of the positives! Once a while you get to meet a new friend, someone like Belle or Crystal or yours truly. It just an hour or two every month. This is not too bad all things considered. Phoenyx lives here so she has to constantly deal with our kind. "

Then his jovial tone slips somewhat. "But I get your point; often these meetings seem like pointless bickering. Let's hope this time will be different."

Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Speak of the Mastigos...

Belle whisks into the Circle dressed in a turtleneck and jeans under a warm yellow coat. The deceptive chill of Sacramento has apparently driven her to warmer gear. She crosses the threshold and sees Corn and Aurora, her pace stopping just shy of bursting in as she collects herself before speaking in a more inside voice (which still echoes in the currently lightly occupied chamber). "Hello Corn. Aurora. Good to see you guys." There's only a slight peak in her voice which suggests her sincerity is tainted a bit by a desire to put her best foot forward. ​Especially given how last month went. "Aurora. I'm trying to expand my palette for the winter months. Got any suggestions on a wintery beer to try out?" She tries to start with a light topic to ease tensions in the room. And because she's genuinely curious and knows Aurora's an authoritative opinion on good craft beer.

She looks briefly over to Corn.
    "Before you ask, don't worry. I'm still working on your Christmas present." She gives him a conspiratorial wink, referring to their discussion on her Guanxi reward.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Why was he always so fucking positive?

“They’re not boring per say, but a never-ending loop of the same things we discussed months ago.” But hell, guess there wasn’t anything else to discuss but the past, so, whatever. “See, that’s where we are different, I don’t go through life, or these meetings, to make friends. I stopped doing that a while ago.” Friends meant connections and weakness.

A small wave, “Hey Belle.” If this was going to be extent of the people here, it could actually be a decent meeting. "How've you been?" she liked Belle, and especially how she had been standing up and voicing her opinions.

“A wintery beer?” looking a bit thoughtful, “Well, it depends on what your tastes are. In the winter, more brown ales, porters and Christmas ales are released. There is a local brewery that offers this amazing beer flight of all their seasonals, so I’d check them out. See which one you like and go from there. I’ve never had much luck personally with brewing one, can never get the taste just right.” But that would come with practice. “Though if you like porters, Track 7 makes this amazing one called Burnt Fog Smoked Porter! They smoked the malts with beechwood and cherry wood and it just adds something extra to it you can't find anywhere else.”

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Aurora excuses herself and leaves the scene

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

A reminder in Corn's phone rings. Checking it, he bites his lips. "Oh, crap... " he says to Belle . "I have to get my sister from the airport! If I am late, my brother Vincent will be insufferable for a week. Sorry, I have to go Belle. Please give my excuses to anyone else that shows up. See you!"
    Corn rushes to leave right behind Aurora .

Apologies for the abrupt exit!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread