Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “That’s up to you, but I think you’ll find with a pack club and a couple drinks, you’re going to be sweating.” And that can kill any look. “But you decide how much skin, if any, and we can build a costume around that.” She wanted her comfortable after all.

There was an absent nod, “Each of the Arcana’s have a dark side to them and what they can do. I never thought I would do what I’ve done, but, well, yah.” It was still a sore spot. “Radiation looks like it could be a bitch. And yeah, it makes you realize how much power we have and that when not used correctly, what it can, well destroy. How some of us get power hungry and think we are above everyone else.” It was a dangerous and slippery slope.

“Death caught my attention as it’s the opposite of Life and seemed like something that could be useful. It does have a different feel to it, compared to Life, but it has some very useful things.” Taking another drink, “Well, I know I want to try to learn some Prime, Mind is something that once was easy, and now, isn’t, so I’ve been trying to not go down that road.” Not that she was afraid of the work, but that she had other things she wanted to learn. “I would like to learn more Matter and Space, some of it ties into Life and Spirit, so I need to learn how to combine them.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Hmm." Phoenyx was frowning as she thought. "That is a valid point. Choosing these things is difficult." She sipped her tea delicately.

There is a slow nod. "It can cook a person to death. Or crush their bones with increased Gravity. Or destroy their home with an earthquake. Perhaps it is too much power, kept only in check by the risks of the Abyss.I do wonder why we are permitted to have such powers when so many cannot see the world beyond their eyes." She was a deep little soul sometimes.

She sets her cup down. "What does Death actually do? I know very little of it. But nPrime is one of my strengths, and space is both fascinating and useful."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The blonde laughed, “Kinda. But once you get comfortable with them, they’re a breeze!” or maybe that was just her.

Smirking, “So we both have nasty little tricks up our sleeves!” secretly, she liked having those tricks at her disposal. “I don’t think it’s just the Abyss, I think for some it’s also their conscious and, well, morals. Seeing another suffer horribly, and knowing you’re the one that caused it causes a pain and regret unimaginable. As Awakened with those abilities, we need to listen to the advice of those with experience. Having the ability to do what we can do, and having the wisdom to not do it takes willpower and compassion.” A shrug, “I think we have our powers to do something good, even if we don’t see it. But then again, I usually have no idea what I’m talking about, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I just know I base my actions of my past experiences.” And those were not always good.

“Well, I’m only an Apprentice of it, so my understanding is limited. But Death is of course powers of death and, well, undeath. You can steal and trap souls, speak with the dead, steals years of life from someone, and, if you are good enough, bring the dead back to life. I’ve mainly used it to see how something died and to help destroy physical evidence that I was there. If need be, I can even mask the way someone died. All very useful in my opinion.” All said without emotion, death, to her, was a part of life and she was comfortable with it. “Think you could help me with learning Prime? Or give me some pointers?”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Obrimos nodded. "It was easier in the summer. I don't like being too cold."

Another nod. "It can be concerning. Knowing what we can do and people's inclinations. It makes it easy to see why magic users of the past found it hard to trust one another at times. An enemy that can kill you with a thought is a dangerous prospect. And, as you say, required compassion not to do." The Arrow smiles a little. "You know more than you think. All we can be is the sum of our experiences, even if that experience i learning of the mistakes of others."

Phoenyx doesn't respond as Aurora describes the powers of the Death Arcana. "Steal souls?" the words sound hollow, almost reproachful. "That doesn't sound good, nor stealing life. But the investigation parts I see the use of." She looks thoughtful. "Of course. When people think of Prime the think of meta-magic and manipulating spells, but it is also illusion and interacting with ley lines and raw, natural magic. If you can find a Hallow, I find they offer a good source of mana to experiment with to help you learn. Play with the limits of Spells and how you can change them - it helped me have insight into how Prime can be included to continue those changes. I find Supernal vision, the Prime sight spell, to be most useful. It does not give you the specialized detail of other sights, but it allows you to see magic in all it's forms." Phoenyx cocks her head, looking at Aurora. "What sort of things do you want to know with Prime?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “Everything is easier in the summer. Did you know they make leggings that look like you’re not wearing any, but are actually lined to keep you warm? Pretty cool.” Could be a work around for staying warm.

An absent nod, “We wield great power, and some forget that it also leads to tough decisions. Some things need to happen for the greater good.” She was not without her own sins and mistakes.

“Death is not a nice or pretty thing; it’s never supposed to be. The tools it arms you with can aid a soul, or destroy it. The same with the Life Arcana, it’s just Death is a fact one cannot deny. Understanding it and wielding it have been eye opening in a way.” At least to her it was. She didn’t completely understand it, that would take years upon years. But it showed you the ugly side of Life, and to her, that was important. “Now add that with how you can destroy inorganic evidence with Life, and you have one hell of a coverup if needed.” She may or may not have used it before.

A hand was raised, “Welcome to my Hallow.” Since she mentioned Hallows. Aurora's wasn't anything big, just enough for her.

“Prime is a good tool with Spirit, which is why I want to learn it. There are spells I’m not able to learn until I can use Prime. So that’s my main driving force to wanting to learn it. Spirit has always been something I’ve struggled with, never really taking the time to talk with Spirits or really use it. So as I push myself to understand it, I find I need more.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Huh. That sounds useful," the Arrow agrees. "I should look into those."

Phonyx shrugs. "I understand the necessity of death. But the manipulation of another's Soul sounds... immoral. Perhaps there could be a time that requires it? Maybe it is because Death is deficient against the Aether... it just feels uncomfortable." Eyebrows raise. "That does sound useful, however."

Dark eyes glance around, focusing on the source of mana. "I can't believe I didn't notice!" She sounds a little annoyed at herself, but it quickly passes. "If you put a sight on, you can see the flows around - Prime ties into mana closely." She nodded - Prime tied into many spheres. "Most Arcana benefit from a grounding in Prime - I am just lucky it is an affinity. We can work on that."

Eyes light up as she has a thought. "Maybe I could be an Angel!"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“They are! And they come in a variety of styles, some even decorated with spiderwebs for Halloween.” True story.

“I could make the argument that a lot of the things we are able to do are immoral. But we do what we have to do to protect ourselves and those we care about. I think there is always a time for what one could consider immoral.” But again, they did what they had to do. “Or maybe because Death can be final.” Maybe that’s what mad people uncomfortable.

Laughing, “Well, I don’t go around advertising it.” But she wasn’t exactly hiding it either. Maybe it was time for some security.

“An angel?” that was unexpected, “You definitely could! We should go shopping for a costume! Then you could try some on and go with what feels most comfortable!”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx shrugged. "I feel like there is a difference between immoral and manipulating with Souls. A soul is the very core of our being. The idea of changing someone else's feels like a violation of the self."

There's a smile. "I suppose not, but I have my supernal sight on much of the time. I completely overlooked the presence of the Hollow."

"We could go now?" the Arrow suggests. "I don't have anything on until my patrol tonight."

We could wind up there to get the Halloween scene open?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Again, I believe the answer is with what the situation is. I’m not at a level with Death where it’s something I can do, but if I had the ability, and it protected those I care about, I would do it in a heartbeat.” Was it harsh? Maybe. But she turned people into fish to protect those around her, so she might not be the best to have moral discussions with.

A shrug as she finished her drink, “It’s a small one, barely worth looking for. Though Winter picked up on it, but he also lives in the building.” Though she wonders where he was. It wasn’t like him to miss meetings.

“Sure! And after, if you want help with the patrol, I can go with you.” She offers. Why not? Might be fun to see what the Arrow patrols.

Sounds good! I have the Shard set to go

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread