Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Overdue Apology

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Nephew? That was... a wrinkle. It could be Mathew and Micheal weren't aliases; they were different people entirely. Edward hadn't thought about family.

"I do." Edward confirmed with a nod. "I uncovered a name other than Mathew, Michael. I had assumed Mathew was nothing more than an alias, but with your discovery of a nephew, I wonder if it isn't an alias after all, but instead that Forten is two men, not one."

"Regardless, I have information on this Michael Forten. First, he attended John Hopkins university for a degree in humanities in 2012. Second, he was arrested in Baltimore for his part in an illegal protest for disability benefits. In Sacramento, he was involved in the Baltimore Coalition for the Homeless and then Folsom Coalition for the Homeless. Third, he was recently questioned regarding the disappearance of a young woman. And, finally, I have a picture of him." Edward pulls out his phone, and shows the saved picture of Michael Forten to Jennifer.

"Assuming his motivations run deep enough to place himself in harm's way, I presume these homeless coalitions would be a potential angle to make contact without raising immediate suspicion."

"There is also some information on the parking garage, but nothing definitive, only leads that I shall make good upon. Although I will naturally share should you be curious."

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considered quietly for a moment. Both nanes were common enough and could be written off by someone as mishearing the original name.
    "It would be a good alias," Jennifer replied. '- this picture is worth a thousand words, as the saying goes."

She studied the photograph.
    "Striking good looks, like Priscus Baker and I were told. Yet is this the coloration described to the two of us? We'll have to verify.

The arrest is telling enough- only the foolish kindred would allow themselves to be taken into police custody."

A weak Reeve and Prince, as well. A city that size would be a battleground for influence, and the kindred wouldn't allow such ineptitude at that level.. Jennifer thought. The individual Mr. Heinrich found is mortal, or passes for one.

"We now know that he is educated and enmeshed with the homeless population. You are correct.
    Well done on the research, Mr. Heinrich.

The parking garage - we likely need to learn what sort of vehicle he drives before that pays dividends. Yet .. I may be incorrect? You have information about the lot, I would like to hear it.
    I will write up what was asked and information gleaned when we asked the prisoner. I'll have Liam deliver it to you promptly, if you're available to receive the packet. Best not to bring it to the club that we need to research. "

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"As you wish." Edward agreed to share his information on the parking garage. "The parking garage is owned by the Bonne Nuit LLC. They have existed since 2012; I lack evidence regarding whether or not the alignment in the year is anything other than coincidence. The LLC also owns a warehouse at <address> in the industrial zone. A manager of unknown identity was arrested for offering an illegal tour to a prospective buyer. This information was principally garnered via an article published in the Sacramento Buzz. I plan to approach the newspaper and also visit the warehouse personally."

Edward nodded, "I shall be avaible to recieve the intelligence packet. And, I understand. I shall do my utmost to memorize the relevant details before my arrival at the club." He almost asked if it was okay to bring it but leave it in his car, but that was a ridiculous thing to ask.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Thank you for the information. I do love knowing the details.
    This LLC is important. It could suggest ownership or whose funding this group of mischief makers.

I shall write up what was discussed with the prisoner Angela and have that delivered to you. Now we should meet at the club Forten owns tomorrow evening. I do have communication from Whip Wells that he would be interested in joining us.
    I would say that the priority is to identify Matthew Forten. Then the students. Then perhaps his nephews. We do know that there is something strange about the students. We have heard it described that they were in a doorway and then vanished from the room, in a way too quick to suggest they left the room by natural means. Which could suggest that they have some ability that could affect how we are able to identify or capture them.

Do you have thoughts on this?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"You are quite welcome." Edward nodded, "as for thoughts, while I agree with your priority, there is a Chinese proverb that comes to mind: 'the best way to find a man is to have him find you.' Forten's students and nephews may be easier to find, and if we have them, our prize may come to us." Catching people who were very good at avoiding being found was something Edward had experience in. His targets had always been cybercriminals, but many of the principles generalized, or, at least, Edward thought they did.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Perhaps Forten and his nephew shall do as you say." Jennifer agrees. She thought quietly for a moment. "We better have a good plan for when they do."

There were unknowns in this plot facing the Domain. Perhaps the next move would shed more light on the issue.

"I am certain that our plan to visit the night club tomorrow will have some information for us to find. Is there is anything else that we should discuss tonight?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Naturally." Edward agreed without any sense of danger, only sparing a thought for how they would ensure the perfect preservation of the masquerade. His lacking education in the occult meant the only real threat to a Kindred was another Kindred, or a group of knowledgable Kine launching an ambush.

"I have no other pressing matter to raise. Thank you for meeting with me tonight, Lady Notary."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Good, we're in agreement."
    Words that she wasn't sure that she would be saying go the Daeva so soon.

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Heinrich, and for your words. I acknowledge that it could not have been easy."
    Jennifer stated soberly.
    "I look forward to seeing you tomorrow at the club to continue our work on this investigation.
    Do look for the packet to be arriving. Good evening."

She rose and waited for Edward to have time to react and bid any final remarks. Then the Pris us departed from Elysium.

Thank you for the scene

9. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread