Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2209) By the Wyrdstone

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord watches as two of the three unfamiliar faces pay their dues to the Wyrdstone quickly. One makes his way towards the Flowering, showing appropriate deference.

Yes. Know your place.

The bow earns a small smile that touches the sinister Flowerings features as he watches the new Ling carefully. The bond of the Wyrdstone marks neither of them as threats to one another, but the season of Fear was as much a show as any other. "Flickerwhisp..." He rolls the name as if tasting a fine wine. His eyes are piercing and deep green, easily twice the size of a normal human's. They rake over the Darkling's form, scrutinizing. "Did she now?" He replies slowly, the smile broadening as he turned to the Spring Queen. "Nothing? I'm sure." he chuckled a little, thinking back to the message. "Ah, yes. No drink for myself, thank you" he replies to Sera, the smile becoming a smirk for the briefest moment. With a sweep of the arm Rhodes disconnects himself from the group and moves over to the Wyrdstone, looking at Flickerwhisp to follow. "Step this way. I understand your curiosity, for it is a most unusual object. Do you have an interest in the Occult arts?"

Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Flicker, or Flick
    Striking Looks
    (Quiet Beauty)
    Flickerwhisp

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lurker Fireheart

" Yes sir... I don't know much in the ways of the Occult but I'm trying to learn more. The more I know, the better I can keep my family Safe"

Long Blood red hair fell over the beautiful little darkling's face as he looked with interest at the Wyrdstone. He didn't look up at the King, the man's gaze was just too intense. Flickerwhisp wasn't afraid of him, quite the opposite... there was a comfort in the man's presence he didn't get with many others... But at the same time everything seemed just a bit too intense with Rhodes.he was overwhelming.

"How were you able to find out about this?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Flowering nodded slowly. When one door closes, another opens.

"Seeking knowledge is a worthy goal. We are creatures of magic now - that magic is a part of us. And it can be used against us just as easily." Rhodes ran a finger along his own jawline. "The Wyrdstone is an artifact I learned of like I have learned of many things - through study and fortune. The records are now kept in the Archive of the Autumn Court." His eyes settled on the Wyrdstone itself. "The stone aligns itself with a single group, binding the members in a way similar to that of an Oath. It allows the group to sense if someone has betrayed them to the Gentry or their agents. Given the transient nature of many people that pass through the Freehold, it is far safer than using Pledges that would routinely be broken. It is quite safe, I assure you.... though your friend over there has yet to complete the binding, and will need to if she wishes to become a part of this Freehold. He looks at Flickerwhisp and gestures idly at Mara, who has yet to pay her tithe.

The Flowering watches the Darkling thoughtfully. "What manner of the occult interests you in particular? It is a vast array of topics. I myself have studied extensively - Oneiromancy, Pledgesmithing, folklore - magic is one of the greatest draws of the Leaden Mirror. Our expertise in Fae magic is unparralleled in the Courts."

Setting the hook. Who knows what it will provide?
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Flicker, or Flick
    Striking Looks
    (Quiet Beauty)
    Flickerwhisp

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lurker Fireheart

The little Darkling listens with rapt attention, dark eyes unblinking as he drank in all the information like a needy little sponge. There was a nod of agreement when the King mentioned Mara, and Flick was quick to respond obediently. "I'll make sure she gives her tithe to the Wyrdstone. She's... easily distracted... excitable. But I will remind her"

He takes pause at the man's question, he'd never considered a focus.... And he didn't even know some of the words The Dread Lord had mentioned. It felt cheap to say everything, and Flick looked down at his shoes embarrassed. When he spoke again his voice was soft , and the shadows around him flickered nervously.
    "I... I don't know... The Strays have traveled a lot, so we were never really rooted enough to gain access to any archives. Being courtless, and homeless didn't endear us to many people... I just... want to know more. Learn more. There's so much unknown to me about magic... So for now I just want to learn as much as I can"

The Darkling dared a look up into the man's face, but faltered at his large green eyes. A flush of red came to his pale cheeks and Flickerwhisp looked down again

He wanted knowledge, and this man could provide it. He hoped the man found him worthy enough to receive it

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Autumn king nods again. "Good."

An eyebrow arched slightly. "The advantage of a Court, my young friend. Within a court, and you may find like minds wherever Changleings reside. It offers that support network - not to mention a reassurance that you are not Loyalists. The Autumn Court had dedicated itself to our Magic, understanding the powers of the Fae Realm. If that is a calling to you, perhaps you may benefit from the Leaden Mirror, the Court of Fear. I could discuss this further with you, if you wished." Rhodes smiled a little. "Or, the Courts of Desire, Anger, and Sorrow are all available if they are more apt for you or your friends."

The tall elf shrugs a little. "There is much one could cover. I have taught classes in Oneiromancy to the Freehold from time to time, if Dreams are of interest. All are welcome there. With the Freehold being so small, I usually share what knowledge I can with the Freehold - save our Court's special powers, naturally." The Dread Lord gave Flickerwhisp a small smile, idly twisting a stray leaf out of the roots on his wrist.

Flicker, or Flick
    Striking Looks
    (Quiet Beauty)
    Flickerwhisp

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lurker Fireheart

"Not really one for anger, and now that I have my Motley I'm not really sad. When it comes to Desire I like having things but there's really only one thing I want"

Flickerwhisp had been looking around casually as he spoke, so it was probably just coincidence that his gaze fell on Jasper when he spoke of his desire... But the look is fleeting, and he comes back his statement seamlessly
    "The Autumn Court is of both Fear, and Knowledge from what I've seen... Both of these interest me. I would hate to take up too much of your time, this is your coronation after all so I'm sure you'd like to enjoy some of it with your wife... But Autumn seems right, and I would like to know more."

And finally Flick was able to look into the Autumn King's eyes.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nods. He could understand having very specific desires.

"Not at all - opening the Court to new members is the duty of the Monarch." Of course, then Flickerwhisp says something that catches him offguard.Who told the newcomes Seraphina is my wife? He really would like to keep such revelations to themselves for at least a little while. At least Flickerwhisp was tied to the Wyrdstone, so it was unlikely the knowledge was going to be abused... or he would know when it was.

"We can arrange a meeting to discuss more, certainly. We can meet in public - trading discretion for publicity - or perhaps here, once I have dealt with some affairs of the season. Usually a few weeks." The Dread Lord reaches into his pocket and offers the Darkling a card - on it is a cellphone number with a border of Autumn Leaves. No name, no address.

He gestures back to the party. "Enjoy the celebration, Flickerwhisp." Without waiting, he moves back towards the main group.

Once the Coronation is closed up, we can do a meeting in Edna's, or we can do a meeting other places as you want.

D

"Yes, your majesty... I would be happy to meet at some other time... discuss the Court in more detail" Flickerwhisp takes the card, looking down at it with excitement before putting it into a pants pocket. The prospect of this chance to learn so much had his shadows swaying happily around him... The boy gave the man another bow at the dismissal, still cringing internally but not really knowing another way to properly show his dereference.

"Yes, thank you sir... You as well" And the Darkling moved quickly to go rejoin his Motley mates.

0 Scenes

5 days left

0 Scenes

3 days left

Closed Thread