Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2209) Victuals and Vines

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 22, 2022 : (2209) Autumn Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole doesn't stop the Crimson Sovereign rendering her aid. Now that he has had a moment to compose himself him simply nods along with what she says.

"My thanks."

He tests the crude wrappings and nods.

Mara approaches and the burned dwarf lifts his gaze to meet the Ogre; he doesn't flinch this time. Instead a faint smile forms through the effusive curls of his beard. Teeth flash for a second.

"Yes! I know! I know! I have found my hands have... err... shrunk since my return. Much stronger too. Sometimes I forget myself."

Mara continues and he shakes his head slightly.

"No. Very much a ladies man, as I always was. Not that I had much time for companionship back then... Less now. For reasons - our patchwork lives are not exactly compatible with romance, unless it is with one of our own. Mundane folk simply cannot understand what we have become, and we cannot really be ourselves around them. It is a taboo for a good reason."

Mara continued again and this time, Anatole's smile spreads to his ears. His eyes lurch over to the food.

"Please! Be my guest! And thank you! Very kind. Very kind."

We can continue the conversation here without disrupting the main thread Circe Origins Mara Overgoblin

2. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (Imposing)
    Manipulation
    Intimidation
    (LOUD!)
    Mara

Mara is about 5’10” and skinny. She has big dark eyes, a wide face and a crazy smile. Her hair is copper blonde and curly, and usually unkempt. She's always wearing a purple hoodie. Her general hygiene is not the greatest, and she's most often covered in bruises and various injuries.

Her Mien reveals a sickly skin covered in terrible scars that will never fade. Most notably are her wicked sharp teeth that protrude from her terrible smile.

PRE

Gristlegrinder

Mara jumps over to fill up a plate for Anatole, giving him a generous portion of all of the best (in her opinion). She then comes back and offers it to him with a grin. "Eat up big boy!" She grins. She continues to chat, at a bit more reasonable tone with her small group.

"Ehehe. I like you. You could be like... Santa Claus. But like... For Halloween. Coz. You're in the Autumn Court. It works, yeah? Coz you provided the feast, yeah? So... It's like bringing gifts for all of us. I like food. It's the best gift. People never really appreciate food until they go hungry... Yeah. Even bad food is better than no food. And this is great food. Good job, Santa." She grins.
    Mara, Ogre: Gristlegrinder. Courtless.

4. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yer welcome Ser Anatole," is her reply to his gratitude.

And Miss Mara shows up.

"If we're going there, my center of gravity got fottuto when I got back,"
    was her way of contributing to the subject. Circe nods in approval at Mara's words of not flinching. Summer attitude there. As for preferences that gets an amused laugh from her. She'd not hit on Anatole, so he probably wasn't. And he confirmed it.

As for the subject of romance, that took a moment for Circe to get it. "Oooh, I get it Anatole. Ya mean relationships and not flings," Circe nods her head, "Yeah, think of it like superhero and supervillain dating," was her own way to restate it, "Good fer watching comedy, bad fer living through it. And we don't even get rayguns outta the bargain."

"So, just him," she points her right index finger to Anatole, "Yer not offering waitress service ta everyone?" Circe is now pointing her left index finger at herself. "Well alright," she faux pouts with a shoulder slump. It takes no time to get her own and return. She only heard the part about bad food better than no food.

"Bakeries with bread are best fer dumpster diving," she nods sagely whilst munching on a snack, "Money is a great way ta avoid that. Waaay better options that way than dumpster or rat on a stick. Except chinchilladas," she shakes her head. Also tearing into meat. "Imported rats, be loyal ta local I say." She nods then pauses. "No, fanculo no, I mean don't eat rat, eat better. Jobs, yeah that, changing the subject from chinchilladas."

Anatole may recognize the twinkle of mischief in Circe's eyes. Mara probably doesn't know her enough yet.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Imposing)
    Manipulation
    Intimidation
    (LOUD!)
    Mara

Mara is about 5’10” and skinny. She has big dark eyes, a wide face and a crazy smile. Her hair is copper blonde and curly, and usually unkempt. She's always wearing a purple hoodie. Her general hygiene is not the greatest, and she's most often covered in bruises and various injuries.

Her Mien reveals a sickly skin covered in terrible scars that will never fade. Most notably are her wicked sharp teeth that protrude from her terrible smile.

PRE

Gristlegrinder

Not offering to waitress for everyone? Mara makes a face, frowns and says "Ewwww. Like. It shows that you grew up waayy too pretty to say something like that. I bet all the guys are usually tripping all over themselves to get you everything you want. Maybe even a few girls too, yeah? Disgusting." She says, like she means it. "Big Papa here is hurt. He gets special treatment for the minute. That's all. Coz I care. Not coz I wanna sleep with him. I'm a good person. Okay? Shut up." She huffs.

Quieter "... and rats aren't so bad... princess..."

7. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mara gets a raised right eyebrow and ear from Circe. Then a glare before Circe laughs it off, "Oh ho ho ho! Batty Girl, that was a joke." Seems Mara didn't get humor. "And wow. Baggage? Hmmm?" she nods, "Yup. Or standard Fairest dickery. I try ta go against type and Anatole is a friend I'd kill ta help," her tone goes very dark and her Mantle shows how strong it is briefly. Mara shouldn't have gone there.

Though Circe could have fun with that and turn that next part around. Because seriously? Given her recent track records, that was a terrible accusation to make. It made her smile.

"Also, trying ta slut shame me won't work," she gives Mara a feral smile, "All 10 of the last guys I flirted? Gay as sunshine. I," she jabs herself in the chest with her thumb, "Constantly strike out. Ta the point that now I'd prefer ta hump a 50 cal, oh ho ho ho ho!" She sighs, "Honestly, mama duce would solve so many problems if I could find one."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Imposing)
    Manipulation
    Intimidation
    (LOUD!)
    Mara

PRE

Gristlegrinder

"Yeah, you'd kill to help a friend. Big woop. Who wouldn't! I'd kill for a sandwich." She glares. Then... Grins. Then, without much of a transition, she says excitedly "I know!!! You should go out with Jasper! He's not gay! And you both talk weird! And he likes pretty girls. JASPER!!!"

10. Likes , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole has been busy with his new plate, quietly devouring what Mara offered while watching the Fairest and the Ogre intently.

"Ha! Yes! Santa! I am glad the feast has gone down so well. Oftentimes we Lost forget this aspect of Autumn. I'm glad I've made people remember!"

His head bobs. Circe reaction was not lost either - she gets a quick flash from his eyes before he turns his attention back on Mara.

"We are not at all like what we once were. Before the Durance, I mean."

A simple observance - his manner and posture are still much more focussed on the plate.

"Looks like you have some competition, Circe."

A sly wink. He turns toward the giant Beast to see if he is coming over Jasper

"Are you a motley? You, Jasper and Flicker seem to know each other. How did that come about, may I ask? Most times our Freehold attracts strays and wanderers - individuals who hag around for a short time before moving ever on. Three at once is quite a treat."

12. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Indeed Sir Santa," she smirks, "Though maybe most here forget i, because good King Rhodes can't cook? Or just his wife is better at it?"

"Oh ho ho ho! Helluva sandwich. And,"
    she fakes sniffing but mirth is clear in her eyes and voice, "It is Italian accent, mostly Sicilian, with some Italian thrown in outta habit," she corrects Mara on the weird speech but is smiling. This noob wasn't too uptight, good.

"Eh, questionable," Circe says through a mouthful of finger fruit. Gulps it down, "With my track record? I start the flirt, then Jasper will probably turn out to be more interested in Anatole than me. Just keeps happening. Funny!" She perks up then deflates, "But it gets annoying after a point."

Then she turns upon Anatole. "Competition you say?" Blue fingers tap a blue chin, leaving a smear of fruit juice as a result. Then does her best Mr. Gibbs impression, "Accomplice says I, oh ho ho ho!"

Wait, were they a group? Circe turns her eyes on Mara at that inquiry. She herself is curious, "A great question Anatole. It'd be neat ta have a team arrive that," her ears droop down sadly for a moment as memories of her first arrival to Sacramento return, "Didn't scatter."

14. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Imposing)
    Manipulation
    Intimidation
    (LOUD!)
    Mara

PRE

Gristlegrinder

While waiting for Jasper, she replies "Oh, yeah. For sure, for sure. We're a Motley. Strays, AH! That's actually the name we call ourselves, yeah. That's how we met, you know. Like stray dogs in the street. Better to form a pack and work together than fight. Better odds at surviving if we stick together, and I think surviving is pretty nice."

She shrugs. "Italian. Irish. They both start with "I". It's all the same thing. And you still both talk weird. So I think it's a shoo-in. Trust me. We can go on a double date if you're too nervous. I'll go with Santa if you're worried. But you gotta pay for the date, coz I'm flat broke. Yeah?" All this is directed to Circe, of course. Ladies talk.

Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper makes his way up to the group, plate in hand and puppy in pocket. He looks over at Mara first, to try to judge if the Ogre's distressed, before turns to nod to Anatole, smiling down at the Wizened Autumn, "Evenin', Anatole. Hope you're doing good. Thanks for the vittles," he says in his thick accent.

He gives the man a look over, his gaze lingering on that bandage-wrapped hand before he turns to Circe and looks the Fairest over. There's a definite glimpse of interest on his features as he gives a nod to the Crimson Queen. "Evenin'," he says with a grin that shows sharp canines in his snout.

"Mara here causin' any problems?" he asks, grinning playfully and bumping his hip against the Ogre's side, making sure it's not the side with the puppy. "You gone and done the stone thing yet?"
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

17. Likes , liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread