Watch

(2210) Eternal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Evening observations
Oct 12, 2022 - Oct 30, 2022
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The Nox Populi is an upscale experience that will take Sacramento nightlife to a whole new level.

In the heart of downtown Sacramento there is a place of intrigue, excitement and entertainment. The modern flare of this venue is host to exclusive parties. The seduction of this establishment may take you away as you drink, dance and socialize. There are private services available upon request. The best DJ’s in town are in line to play a wide variety of music. Some of you may dine…as long as you have your VIP pass.

However the Kindred arrive they are discreetly met and led to the back of the club. The space downstairs is decorated in dark, rich woods and expensive furniture. There's a coat room that will also hold one's 'unmentionables'; namely, weapons, at the foot of the stairs. There are also private areas, dark, and furnished with soft couches, as well as meeting rooms with conference tables and chairs, and an area with several televisions. The Court area is decorated with long black and brown silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars; the lighting is intentionally low, but without the pulse of the music from above, the place has the feel of a sepulchre.

The common area circles the Court proper, and it becomes apparent that this is not decorated for a single evening. Small symbols note areas for Kindred only that branch off of the Commons, which will be necessary once those Kine privileged enough to see behind the Masquerade filter in: ghouls, herd members, or even devotees. The furniture setting is familiar now: a set of elegant chairs, all dark wood and red leather, arranged in a circle. The baroque lighting leaves the corners of the Elysium commons in deep shadow.
    Towards the center of the room, a table was placed and roped off that was decorated in similar black and gold runners. Upon it was a model ship, roughly two and a half feet long with two sets of oars on each side- a Bireme.
    Another evening; another Danse. For some it will their first, for some it shall be their last. After all, this is the Prince's Elysium, and subject to the Laws of the Domain.

Eternal Court is open once more...

There is a theme for this months court. You can read it here
    Please remember that Predator's Taint is in effect and role-play is expected, or rolls will be asked for!

This is a great place to get Acknowledged

Eternal Court is not a singular event. Always open and in constant motion, a compression of the comings and goings of Kindred within Elysium throughout the nights. As such, Eternal Court is also never truly empty; this can include 'faceless masses' of Kindred beneath notice, ghouls, herd members, devotees, or even officials in their offices.

2. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Jennifer walked into Court, Liam two steps behind. They both turned over an item to the coat check. Jennifer a short sword length item, Liam a locked case.
    Jennifer walked with confidence into Elysium proper. Liam steps over to the side of the room, waiting to be summoned by his regnant. Tonight was going to be interesting, Jennifer thought. The Prince's decree about Black and White fantasy for court was exciting. Jennifer had departed from her ardent following of the Florentine Code in the spirit of the Prince's notice. She also had discarded her usual pattern of arriving later so the acknowledged Kindred could arrive first.

She wore an elaborate, flowing gown of many layers of white and black. It was designed as a wedding dress and was opulent, in Jennifer's opinion. A matching shade of white silk was designed as a long scarf that was pinned on one side of her neck and shoulder. The Lady held herself with dignity and respect as she looked around for someone to speak with. Jennifer was Blushed. Her makeup was peach lipstick and light brown eye shadow. Her hair was styled straight and in a half updo, a black plastic hair stick with a bit of frill design to match the flow of her dress.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

It was with a great bittersweetness that Conner found himself approaching the threshold of Elysium. On the one hand, he relished the opportunity to put on a display for the Court and its leadership and try something less overtly formal in attire for the assembly. On the other hand, there were far too many pleasant mortal memories surrounding the Halloween season that plagued him even as he delved into enthusiasm.

Go big or go home, I guess...

Perhaps in the wonder of the night, when monsters dressed as fantastical men and women, the bitterness of those memories would fade under the predatory desire for recognition?

It was in this state that saw Conner arrive. His blade is left at the coat check, though now it feels a little less awkward when accompanied by the outfit under his armored jacket. In contrast to his flushed skin, padded white armor (ironically perfect for the changing temperature of autumn) was framed by a black film cloak whose shoulders bore a feather design. Black boots leave a dull impression of sound as Conner descends, the sound registering in his heightened hearing as a welcome departure from the clacking of dress shoes. Though one detail remains unchanged: the Lancea ring is still on his finger.

Conner approaches Jennifer in her flower-like garb and offers her a bow of respect. "Priscus Hazelton." He has to admit there is a strange beauty to her in this costume with its ivy or featherlike layers. Layers he could almost imagine flowing like water off of her form. Vulnerable. Helpless. Powerless. "You look lovely tonight." ​The kind verbal gesture smoke screening the vicious impulses the predator is gnawing over. ​"I trust your nights have been well?"

reference pics for Conner's costume

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord made his way into court proper. This evening would not be like others as the Prince had decreed a theme for the evening.

In the spirit of black and white fantasy, he was dressed in white tuxedo pants and shirt, under a black vest and jacket. On his face, he wore what appeared to be an enlarged raven's skull in the form of a plague doctor's mask. He felt no beasts this evening- not yet at least. He eyed the Priscus of the Nosferatu and her gown, "What a beautiful gown, Lady Notary. You set the bar high."

"Mister Wells,"
    he addresses as his eyes surveyed his outfit. "Quite handsome," he remarked. The Lord particularly liked how the shoulders were designed.

"I hope you both are looking forward to the creativity of Sacramento as much as I am."

Blood Hunt:

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

Themes seemed to make the population of Sacramento excited. Something about being able to fit an outfit to not only fit the theme but to also stand out.

Ale was indifferent on themes. While she welcomed the excuse to not have to find a dress to wear, it meant finding a costume to wear instead. Which, if she was being honest, was a little fun.

Deciding she didn’t want to go all out with a fancy dress, because she wasn’t a fan of those on a normal night, she went different.

Black and white Steampunk to be exact. The corset was fitted perfectly, clinching an already tiny waist with frayed edges, her hair bleached from its usual dark color. It was a very different look for her, but she liked it.

Walking in, she did not blush, for she had been able to get ready in her office.

A small smile spreads across her lips as she sees who was there and what they had chosen for their outfit. Each a bit different then the others, though Jenn stood out in her dress. Her Beast sniffed and looked for a reason to act out, but it currently found none.

Having not chosen to be social in the past, tonight, she wanted to, so she walks over to the group.
    To Jenn, “Lady Notary Hazelton, that is a stunning dress.” And it was.

To Jacque, “Seneschal Jacque, a handsome mask and jacket.” Leave it to the First Estate to pull out all the stops.

Finally, Conner “That cloak is marvelous, love the feather details.” It certainly stood out.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer turned and looked as she is addressed. She gives a slight bow of her head to him, as expected for a Whip of his Family.
    "Thank you, Whip Wells. I like your look. Is it a certain theme?" She inquires. It was a nice texture look. Feathers were something not a lot of Kindred could pull off.
    "Is the white and black a gamebeson?" She inquired. "As well as one can be expected. You know that I have been involved in the investigation that we are both a part of. I asked Priscus Baker to accompany me. I was a bit surprised to be the one to explain the situation to him."

"Thank you. Perhaps not high enough, Seneschal Jack."
    Jennifer replied to the Ventrue Priscus with her Cursed voice. It slithered like a serpant over dying autumn leaves. Jennifer lowered herself into a perfect curtsy for the Seneschal, to indicate both her respect for him and his place in to Domain.
    Her eyes took an appreciative look over Jack's own costume. It was quite original. Not something one would expect.
    "I like the plague doctor's mask. Is that correct, or is it from another design?" It was quite possible that it was something else entirely. Yet a Raven seemed to fit the Seneschal.

As the primal fear washes over her Beast, she knows the Prince has arrived. Jennifer lowers herself to the deepest curtsy of the night. She holds it for an appropriate time to indicate her deep respect to the Gangrel Prince. “Your Grace.”
    Jennifer greets.
    "Oh." She reacts to the Prince's unique design choice with an impressed statement. It takes her a moment to place that it was steampunk.
    "You look marvelous, your Grace." Jennifer replied truthfully. She would say stunning, yet did not want to take the Prince's words. "Thank you." She replied to the Prince's own compliment.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

10. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is," the Lord responded after taking a moment to compose himself from the cursed voice. "It is an exaggerated take on the Raven's skull, but I enjoy the detail of this particular mask."

At the arrival of the Prince his own beast roared with malice. It was still wild to feel the indiscriminate confidence of it, but he still appreciated the linear path it always took. Its leash held taut, he bowed deeply to the Prince and held it for the longest he would that night. He rose back up and looked over the detail of the Prince's outfit, "That is quite fetching on you, Your Grace. I have to ask: which came first between the outfit or the theme?"

He grinned with a coy demeanor just barely visible from behind the long beak.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod to Jennifer, acknowledging the curtsy.

“Thank you, Lady Notary, that’s very kind of you.” It wasn’t the first time the Savage had gone Steampunk. The first being a costume contest and she had even won.

To Jacque, the coy grin matched with one of her own, “The theme came first, which required a new costume as my other doesn’t fit the colors.” It was more gold and blacker. A bit more elaborate.

Speaking to both, “But how have you all been?”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

A glance to Conner. Yet as he did not speak, she looked to Jack.
    "Ravens are my favorite. Such lovely creatures - and so many designers feature them in their pieces."
    Jennifer smiled to Alessandra. "It is a good theme. Seeing these outfits is quite fun!"

"I have been well. Thank you for asking. I have been keeping myself busy. Madame Kingsley interested me in that business by the industrial district.
    You know about the other thing I have been on. I have been doing some research on Salons. Looking up some exciting topics for my Salon going forward. I have been debating asking folks to bring their favorite book and discuss how it impacted them.
    The best Salons had a variety of people. A variety of experience to discuss."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He listened as much as he could will it to the Lady Notary's answer, her cursed voice always being as unpleasant as it is to entertain. Once finished, he responded to the Prince as well, "I've also been well. Inching closer to my goal for the last several years. It is within my grasp... aside from the many months of practice and refinement it takes to hone."

"How about yourself?" he inquired. Turnabout was fair play after all.

Side thread?

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread