Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2210) Consilium

(2210) Speakers' thread
Oct 9, 2022 - Nov 2, 2022
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Consilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

Today is for official business. The Awakened gather to announce, discuss, and deliberate on the most pressing issues facing the concilium. In this light the Circle is almost imposing, as it's enormity and importance seem to accentuate the gravity of the issues the Awakened face. Today maybe a day for heated debate and final judgment. For proclamations and newfound awareness. Ultimately though, today is what the Awakened choose to make of it.

Please read this for information on Consilium, Sanctuary, and the differences. Come here to be Recognized!

As a reminder, Consilium is the official meeting but business should not be handled until after the first seven days. This is to give everyone a chance to enter the thread without missing anything. After seven days the thread is closed to new arrivals and the official business may commence.

For the lack of an immediate better option we'll do things like last Consilium: speakers will have their own side scene and people just asking single questions or reacting internally/'privately' stay in the main to ideally help things to move more quickly.
    Trials - if accusations are brought up and things are not resolved in a quick manner - can have an extra scene afterwards.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn arrives in the Circle, dressed in office-formal clothes; Dark well-ironed trousers, a gray shirt and a black jacket over it.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It was that time, official meeting! Which meant more effort into what she wore, cause, Councilor.

So it was a nicer pair of leather pants with a suede jacket that matched her eyes, a black tank top under the jacket. That was the extent of how dressed up she felt like getting.

These official meetings seemed to be a toss up as to how they would go. Her attitude toward them had soured over the last couple and she didn’t see it changing.

Walking in, she spots Corn and raises a hand in wave as she takes a sip from a travel mug, “Hey Corn.”

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo entered, wearing his usual jeans and a t-shirt. In his opinion a suit was for a wedding or if someone died. If he was going to sit through one of these meetings he was going to be comfortable. He gave Aurora and Corn and friendly wave and took a sip from the large Starbucks cup that was in his hand. It of course was Pumpkin Spiced Latte season and Apollo was a basic bitch when it came to his seasonal coffee choices. "Corn Aurora. I hope you are both doing well? Any... controversial topics on the agenda for today?" The council needed to send out an Agenda to warn people ahead of time.
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn Greeted Aurora "Hello Dadouche, always a pleasure."
    Apollo gets a greeting and a smile.
    "Weeeeell... I do have some things to say that would cause discussion, yes. You know what I mean, you were in the previous meeting. I will tell everyone what I told you in the previous meeting and I will suggest rotations to help Phoenyx defend the circle. I am looking forward to a productive disagreement from you, Apollo. I may not agree with what you say but your perspective may catch things I missed and your criticism is, so far, constructive and civil. "
    He then looked around and then his clock.
    "I will also make a probably meaningless complain about people being more punctual about those meetings. Being mages is half our life but that doesn't mean we should be excused to arrive late in half of the meetings, as it seems to be the case with mostly everyone. We have 10 pentacle mages in Sacramento, 11 if we count Winter and not even half are around in an official meeting on time. "

Sending the agenda ahead of time would be a good idea. Please suggest it.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Light footsteps approach the Concillium chambers, and Phoenyx enters. The autumn chills have seen the return of her black trenchcoat, covering the knives and pistol on the belt of her loose-fitting training pants and red long-sleeved top.

She gave Aurora a small smile are she entered, acknowledging the others with nods. "Good afternoon." It felt like all she was doing was patrolling and seeing the Concillium in this formal setting. Strangely, that didn't feel like enough any more. It was actually nice to see people, even if it was becoming clearer there was a division of priorities among them. Maybe that was what kept them people, kept them human.

Or maybe she was catching a fever. Happy to see people (in the general, not her friends) didn't sound like her.

"Are you all well?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Hey Apollo.” A small wave offered before she shrugged, “Not that I’m aware of, but the day is still young.” And anything could be made controversial with the right people.

To Corn, “Life happens that can make us late for numerous things. And it’s never been an issue before, or at least not an issue anyone has cared to bring up.” Was she concerned about it? Not really.

But she was happy to see Phoenyx walk in. Felt like she hadn’t seen her friend in months, but she looked ok, so maybe things were going well?

“Still breathing, so I suppose that means I’m well.” Sipping her drink, she looks around the room, was this all that was attending? “You?”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal entered the Circle dressed in slacks, a stylishly oversized teal shirt and a light leather jacket. It has been a while since he mingled with the other Awakened of Sacramento, but his priorities had shifted a bit lately.
    He approached the small group already present with a crooked smile. "Heya everybody. How are you?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Whatever nervousness Belle had waking up that day about visiting the Circle were banished once she saw the company she was with. Yep! This is gonna be good. Not just 'okay'. Belle doesn't do 'okay'.

She's dressed for the season in a blue blazer over a muted orange top and blue dress pants. She's opted for flats over heels today, as she's aiming for poise AND comfort. She walks up next to Crystal just as he's finished up his greeting and gives her fellow Mastigos a friendly smile. "How's it going, Crys?" She looks over the crowd, sees that not all the Counsilors have gathered yet, but there's enough to make somewhat of a quota. "Hello everyone! Are we talking Consilium agenda yet, because we've got some big news to mention before debate gets too heavy." ​She's all gung ho to announce her Counsilorship to the group, but she gets the feeling that being asked to repeat herself will only undercut the message. Besides, she wants to see the looks on everyone's faces.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Councillors Phoenyx, Crystal. I am well thanks. How about the two of you?" he took another sip of that PSL and turned to Bell "Not agenda as such, I was asking if there was anything controversial due to come up and potentially that is a yes so you may want to get in here before Corn starts speaking." He gave Corn a playful Wink.

"You know, it would be really handy if the Council sent out an agreed Agenda a couple of days before a meeting. That way it gives people time to think."
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

12. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread