Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
PRP: A little big of Hocus Pocus Part 2b

Aug 12, 2022 : PRP - A little bit of Hocus Pocus Part 1
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Week I Week II Week III Week IV
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Corn and Witch had left Puck alone in the private study room. The blinds were currently down, and the door unlocked. The room itself was down a small corridor off the Library, it was right at the end and fitted the brief perfectly. The table in the middle of the room sat upon wheels and the table top could be lifted vertically so the table could tuck along by one of the walls if needed. It was quiet, eerily quiet, but it was towards the start of the school year so not a lot of group projects were going on right now. No doubt in a couple of months these rooms would be difficult to get.
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

(Paradox mitigation)Mana 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Did Puck want to hassle with a table? Nah. He just grabbed a seat and got comfortable. It took a minute for him to grab a pen and dedicate it, but his plastic wand was ready for rituals in no time flat. He pulled up the photos and names he had gleaned from the group search earlier. The first name on the list seemed a good place to start, and so he spoke the name of Tom King and began chanting. The imago formed of an enormous web of connections as he followed the threads through Time and Space. For a not insignificant amount of time he was nervous he wouldn't be able to make it, but after hours of casting (and the occasional stretch break) he finds the intersection of webbing that he was looking for.

The time and place of Tom's kidnapping.

5 suxx to dedicate a tool, failure on paradox, and 11 suxx on the cast to meet the target number
    Date Action Roll Result
    2022-09-19 20:06:45 [03] Puck rolls 12 to Postcognition (Wits+Academics+Time+HS) (TN=11)(1 Potency,5 space sympathy, 5 time sympathy)) (10 Again) 6, 4, 9, 7, 6, 4, 8, 6, 7, 1, 4, 8 3 successes
    2022-09-19 20:06:45 [02] Puck rolls 12 to Postcognition (Wits+Academics+Time+HS) (TN=11)(1 Potency,5 space sympathy, 5 time sympathy)) (10 Again) 1, 9, 7, 3, 5, 10, 4, 2, 7, 4, 9, 6, 2 3 successes
    2022-09-19 20:06:45 [01] Puck rolls 12 to Postcognition (Wits+Academics+Time+HS) (TN=11)(1 Potency,5 space sympathy, 5 time sympathy)) (10 Again) 8, 7, 1, 10, 2, 2, 3, 7, 10, 2, 10, 10, 7, 1, 3, 3 5 successes
    2022-09-19 20:03:57 Puck rolls 1 to Paradox (Base2-1tool-1mana) (10 Again, Chance) 6 failure
    2022-09-19 19:31:14 Puck rolls 7 to dedicate a tool (Comp+Gnosis) (10 Again) 10, 10, 7, 3, 8, 6, 4, 9, 9 5 successes

Puck takes 10 minutes to dedicate a tool, 30 minutes of chanting in high speech, and 3 hours of casting to finish his rolls. Per the wiki under the rituals you get 10 minutes between rolls to stretch/pee/get a drink but I'm figuring just a minute or two each to stretch and shift positions. I assumed a described connection for the rolls and allocated successes accordingly.

stats

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck took his time, first dedicating his tool and then focusing on the time and place of Tom's kidnapping. The scene started to fade in only something was wrong, very wrong. The spell usually worked with flawless clarity only this time something was tainting it. Something that made Puck sick to his stomach but what was causing it he did not know.

The Scene fades in. Its late at night, the location: a local bar called Revolucion de Cuba, its 2 for 1 cocktails and Salsa dancing. For a Nerd he can't half move. The scene pans out, its at this moment Puck sees the source of what is wrong. The person he was dancing with fades in and out, rather like static on an old TV. It takes a lot of rewinds but Puck starts to build a picture of what she looks like. Its a woman, possibly the most beautiful woman Puck has ever seen. She is in her mid 20's, wearing a pair of leather trousers, thigh high boots and leather crop top. The woman either loved leather (She did look amazing in it) or she had some sort of leather fetish.

The music stops, the patrons clap the live band and the woman leans in "What to take this back to my place" Her voice was seductive, probably the most seductive voice Puck had ever herd and Tom lapped it up, nodding like a teenage boy hypnotised by his first set of shoulder boulders. That woman grabs hold of his tie, giving it a gentle tug starts to leave the bar. The hypnotised Tom following freely.

The pair leave the club, head down the road to an Alley just down the street from the bar. They get about half way down and THUD! a punch from the woman to the side of the head and Tom was down and out for the count. The scene starts to fade, the woman grabbing hold of Toms Leg as she starts to drag him further down the Alley.

The scene fades.
    Apollo

4. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Huh.

Lots to unpack. The, well, everything. Puck wasn't sure what he was expecting today, but a succubus was definitely not it. He did have a place to follow up on, and a nagging feeling of wrongness he hadn't felt since the hentai monster at the theater. Now he just needed a follow up postcog on another missing person to confirm.

First though? What time is it now?

What is the current time and what are the hours of the library? Each ritual is roughly 3.5 hours so it's not something I can do five or six times in this thread.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Library was open from 8am to 6pm, and currently it was just after 3pm for Puck. Just to avoid you doing 6 million rolls, I am not sure how much more information Puck would get from the others. It is a safe assumption that they would all be similar circumstances, lured somewhere and then knocked out. I am not saying you can't do it, just trying to avoid you getting annoyed at me when Puck does not really get anything different from 3 hours of effort. There are however, other leads that Puck can follow if he wishes. Once these two scenes are done we can re-mush the timeline if required.
    Apollo

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

So did Puck want to go and investigate the succubus by himself? He had plenty of experience with spirits and resisted the influence of the abyss previously. He wasn't stupid though. He grabbed a chair, put his feet up and waited for the others to come back.

I'm good with closing until we can reconcile the timelines. I've been having difficulties with posting so brief break while the others chase leads is okay with me.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sounds Like a plan!
    Apollo

+ Reply to Thread