11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(2209) Sanctuary

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo chuckled "I don't make a habit of walking around with spells on. It can sometimes dull the senses to other magic use. Also, the spirit world can sometimes be a distraction and when I am there to learn I really don't want to be observing them"

He paused for a moment "With all due respect, I would say that influence in education was the purview of the Mysterium. On a similar note also the Free Council, Guardians and Silver Ladder." He let that sink in. "Each orders interests may be in very different areas but if the Mysterium wants to gain influence within the educational establishments in the area then get your ass out of the library and put the theory of how to win friends and influence people into practice. Don't rely on others influence to progress the goals you may have. Often it comes with a price or your goals are secondary to theirs."

"If the seers are operating there you stand a good chance of seeing it and therefore foiling their nefarious plans."

"As for being excited. Yes and no. Nervous and excited at the same time.... I have not thought about Halloween, but maybe we should try and arrange a Halloween party? Maybe for charity?"
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

2. Likes liked this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

A shrug at Aurora 's question, "Well enough. Still getting my feet under me. How about with you?"

Listening to the exchange she smiles at Corn, "Is there an active Seer threat that worries you or is this just ... precautionary? And call me biased," a slight chuckle. "But I would love to hear about some Halloween events."

Stats

Equipment

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

To Aurora 's statement that he should just work on those influences, which was a very reasonable suggestion, Corn started to answer and then more or less Apollo said it better.
    Pointing to the new-student Thyrsus he said to Aurora "The thing is... Apollo is right. I have a family, I have friends, I have a job and there are only so many hours in the day. I prefer to use my mage-time in the library. I don't want to "get my ass off the library", I like the library. Or, as Apollo put it, it is not a main goal for me at this time, to pay the price by making friends. I was thinking that perhaps one of you may be interested to cultivate influence.
    As far as I know there is no threat to universities at this time. To answer magus Witch and Daduchos Aurora ... no, this is more of 'planning for the future' as you don't cultivate influence within a couple of days.

But alas, as Apollo said, it is not exactly fair to NOT put any effort myself. So I will put some effort. However, my efforts aside, it would be nice if some other Mystagogue led this one. When I awakened, it was in a uni and the Mysterium of San Fran found me within 2 days. They told me that the bad ones that would kill me or eat my soul and hollow out my body - yes, they said that - would have found me 'soon'. It could well be an exaggeration, a scare tactic for me to join the pentacle and I can tell you it worked butthey had a point: I could have been found by something else if not them.
    "

Corn shrugged. "Anyway, I just wanted to get that on the table, that in my opinion, we should be cultivating more influence amidst sleeper institutions.

However that was not the main thing I wanted to talk about. I was waiting for more people to show up, but it is unlikely at this time. So, I will tell you and please tell your friends:

With Belle and Phoenyx , we met a cabal of Apostates, the Sancta Trinitas. I will spare you the details and give you the short version:
    These apostates say they follow the Lex and we have no reason to doubt them. Aurora, the guy that we encountered, the one we were concerned he was a banisher, is not actually a Banisher. He is not too friendly but neither were we. I can tell you all about them later if you want, as they are not the main issue here.

THe Sancta Trinitas is in Sacramento... because they have information that Scelesti - some of you may know them as Nefandi - are active in Sacramento. As all of you probably know, Scelesti are mages that work for or align with Abyssal entities to spread taint in the Fallen world. Luckily, they are not as well-supported as the Seers with a big hierarchy and tradition of servitude that span millennia. Unluckily, they are very very bad and as mages they can see the Circle and have access to all the tools we do plus whatever their abyssal masters give them.

I didn't expect a need for a Herald to deal with other cabals or sentinels to protect the circle would be required so soon, but here we are. At this point, I think there should be one person at the circle at all times. Phoenyx is usually but not always here. If a Scelestus slips in while Phoenyx is out to buy groceries and summons one of those abyssal spirits that have not-so-coincidentally be running around Sacramento of late, we will all be in trouble.
    As a further note, at the time of the meeting both I and Phoenyx let Neokoros Belle exchange her contact information with the Sancta Trinitas."

Corn refrained from saying "I told you so" but it is kinda implied he hopes. He also didn't mention anything abotu hallowing.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “Maybe it does. But I think one could say that anyone wanting to can seek that kind of influence. I’ve never been one for the stereotypes of each Order.” Like Shamans were all earth loving hippies that lived in the woods. This Shaman was not an outdoorsy girl. “But I have to agree with Apollo, if that’s the influence you want, go get it.” Her fellow Shaman had a good head on his shoulders.

“I can see that, being both excited and nervous. School is a huge thing, but I think you got this.” And if not, then, well, whatever. “I don’t go out as much for Halloween as I used to, I usually work, but there is usually always a kickass party going on somewhere.” Not that she thought he couldn’t throw a party, but with so many going on, it would be hard to compete.

Looking to Witch, “Good to hear. I always hated arriving in a new city and getting shot figured out. Between getting moved out of boxes then getting a lay of the land, urgh.” Not her thing. “Not too bad.” She had nothing really exciting going on.

“The rest of us also have lives outside this place. And with limited hours in the day, I spend working on things that interest me. I have cultivated influence in areas that fit me and what I do. I’m not uneducated, nor do I shy away from learning, but I’m not about to spend my free time at the universities. It just isn’t me.” And that was that. “We all have choices to make in how we spend our time.” And her time was spent where she wanted.

Oh…story time. Yah?

“That sounds a bit dramatic.” Facts were facts. “If that was the case, the various Orders wouldn’t have the numbers they have around the world. Yeah, a scare tactic, a really poor one, but, whatever.” Cause why use scare tactics?

“Him not being friendly is putting it lightly, guy was insane and many fries short of a Happy Meal.” Snorting with a chuckle.

But then shit got real. “This is a matter that needs to be brought up before the whole Consilium. Passing the information around second hand isn’t going to cut it. People have a right to hear it from you who seems to know the most about it. So I say it be top priority to discuss in a more Formal setting. Get everyones input and formulate a plan from there, if one needs to be discussed.” Was it a concern? Sure. But it was one for the Awakened as a whole.

6. Likes liked this post
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo shrugged "I am sorry, not enough hours in the day to do what you want to do? Welcome to being a Mage." it was oozing with sarcasm. "The library is a safe option but if you always do what you have always done, then you will always get what you have always got." Apollo selected another Donut. "After this one stop me eating these. Any more and I will be signing up to be a cop."
    Apollo

8. Likes , liked this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Whatever thoughts she had regarding Corn's ... explanation? for pushing interest in universities, they weren't apparent on the redhead's face.

"So this Cabal - the Sancta Trinitas, they are acknowledged members? They did the whole intro and paperwork interview too? And the not-a-banisher, he is ... a member of the cabal?" Or was that just random tidbit of unrelated information slid in for no reason whatsoever...

A frown, though, because ultimately even those questions and answers weren't important. Scelesti and Abyssal Spirits. A nasty combination if they were related, and just two nasties if they weren't.

"But Aurora has a valid point. If Scelesti and Abyssal spirits are in town and working together, it would be a good idea to not spread the news via the telephone game. Though that isn't stopping us from taking what early precautions we can. Is there a rotation set up for watching?" Much as she did not relish the idea of hanging out in a church, she would do it.

A grin visible briefly at Apollo's cop quip.

Stats

Equipment

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

Corn raised his hands up in mock-surrender when mostly everyone tells him that he should suck it. "Ok, OK! It was just a suggestion! Good people of Sacramento you can stop repeating to me that if I want said influence I should make the time." His smile shows he is not offended or anything.

On the Nefandi, when the mages say he should tell everyone himself he says "I will try, and that was the plan actually but as you can see, it's not that participation is sky-high these days. And we have mages that are exposed so I believe it is better to at least give them a heads-up. "
    To Aurora he replies "I am not the only one that was there when the Sancta Trinitas warned us about the Scelesti. Belle may know more than me actually as she has their contact information. "
    To Witch he replies "The Sancta Trinitas are apostates. I don't even know if they plan to stay here or are semi-nomadic mages that go around doing... their thing. They are not part of the Pentacle and they are not, nor want to be, recognized members of this Consilium. As far as I am aware, Sacramento doesn't pressure mages into joining, at least as long as I am around. Many consilia would be providing ... incentives for a cabal to join, but neither I nor the Obrimos councilor pressed them to show up and get recognized.

As for rotations to defend the cirlce, I am not aware of any. Phoenyx is staying here but she's not always here. Perhaps we should set up a schedule. The times that I am open are [a couple of weekday mornings]. More if my wife is away for a trip."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Aurora then pipes up between sips of coffee, “And an adult.” Piggybacking off what Apollo says.

To Witch, “I’ve never seen them, nor have I heard anyone say they’ve been recognized as members. So unless someone recognized them and didn’t tell the rest of the class, then I’d say no.” someone was welcome to prove her wrong.

“That would be something I would think we would need Phoenyx to help coordinate with, as head of the Arrows, I would trust her judgement on how to proceed. Not that having someone extra people showing up here would be a bad thing per say, and there is nothing to stop others from patrolling the area if they wanted to.” But she trusted the Arrows on this.

Back to Corn, “You are right, we don’t pressure them into joining, but not joining comes with consequences. If they don’t want to join the Consilium, they technically don’t get the same safeties and protection those who do, well, join. They have no guarantee of safety, and have nothing, they are outside our Law. Us offering aid to such Awakened opens us up to whatever danger they bring with them. We are small, and helping such mages makes us vulnerable. And should they bring trouble to our doorstep, then they become the enemy as well. I'm not here to protect those who are just passing through without any sort of heads up or anything.”

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo thought for a few seconds, his eyes narrowed as the gears in his head started to whirl. "There is not much the Consilium can do. As long as they are obeying the Gold Laws then we leave them be. They don't come under our protection but if they break one of the applicable Gold Laws then we would be forced to act. At this point they have broken none of the Gold Laws, being recognised is not a requirement so yeah.... I would say leave them alone. If something goes wrong for them I am sure they will get in touch if whatever it is doesn't kill them. I also would not provide an incentive for them to join. It sets a dangerous precedent and a consilium that has to provide some sort of incentive for joining outside of the usual protection and social structure is a poor one indeed."

He paused for a moment "Also, if we had a Herald... they would have no jurisdiction with those mages anyhow"
    Apollo

14. Likes Xander liked this post
    Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Her eyes flickered between the speakers, listening.

She was still new in town. And while she hadn't stumbled yet, it was good to hear the actual laws of the land. Because there was what she had been told. And then there was what actually happened. And those two didn't always match up.

Stats

Equipment

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread