Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Vanishing Chapter 1 Police Station

THREADID

Jennifer Hazelton

Connor departs from the scene at Rocky's and moves to the local police station. Upon entering the station, he sees a reception desk with a police officer standing at the center filling out a form while talking to a blonde woman. They conclude their conversation as the police officer says. "Have a seat, Miss. Someone will call you back to continue your report of assault."

The woman turns towards Connor and he sees that she is passably pretty. Not beautiful. She stands at five feet, eight inches and has a muscular body. She has a bandage on her left arm. Her blue eyes are red rimmed, suggesting that she has been crying. The woman glances at Connor as she passes and she takes a seat at a bench against the wall. The police officer looks expectantly at Connor.
    Looking past the reception desk, Conner sees three small desks in sight where police officers in uniform are talking to citizens, or at least people in plain clothes.

There is a stair case leading to a second level that has a glass partition that allows those above to look down and watch the first level. On this second level, there are several larger desks with police officers in uniform and in suits moving around, in various stages of working.

What does Connor do?
    Last edited by Seryna; Sep 1st, 2022 at 02:31 AM.  Reason for Edit: spelling error

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

(Blush, adding dice to roll)Vitae 1 Willpower Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Having already refreshed the blush of life before entering; the Haunt steps up to the desk, casting a sidelong glance at the blonde woman as he does. He's hoping the use the confusion that is bound to be happening to his advantage. "Hi, I'm Sean O'Malley. I'm a Private Investigator, and I've been called in as a consultant to help with the heavy workload tonight. I was hoping I could speak to someone who's already spoken to witnesses so I know where to start my own investigation." It's a thin lie, but he's hoping it's just enough to get him some information on the whereabouts of the recording.

1 success
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

The officer standing at the reception desk scrutinizes Connor for a moment.
    "I am officer Shay. Can I ask who you spoke with?" The officer inquires. "Officer Collins," He calls over his shoulder. A uniformed officer walking past the desk holding a stack of files pauses as she is addressed.
    "- there is a consultant presenting themselves."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Hmmm. He thinks. I knew it was a weak lie, but I had hoped all the confusion would get me through. Seems it's time for the secret weapon. He reaches for the blood, willing it to help him sway the two officers in his favor.

1 success

He looks to officer Collins, seriously doubting that his power worked. "Officer Collins, just the woman I was looking for. If you could lead the way we could get started and I can be out of your hair." He flashes his sly smirk at the woman, with eyes that convey his need for assistance.

failure

His words, however, come out no where near as confident as he had hoped.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

The first officer studied Connor for a beat, looking him up and down. Officer Collins, who was carrying files, walked over beside Connor on the same side of the desk.
    "You could get started? Alright, follow me. Officer, I have him." She speaks to the man watching the interaction. Collins leads the way to the third desk from the reception area. It is in an open air area and several other people are walking around.

"Have a seat." She indicates the chair in front of her desk. The files are set upon her desk. "Let me find my sign in log. I didn't hear everything that you said to Officer Shay, but you are with an agency and need to sign in, I assume? Can you tell me your name?" She looks at you and extends her hand. "I am officer Collins."
    The officer takes a seat at her desk. She picks up a stapled report that was lying on her inbox and flips past the first page. She makes a sound of annoyance.

"It is bananas out there. Missing ambulance that we need to follow up with..."

Jennifer Hazelton

12 days left. Is Connor going to engage?

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt follows Collins to her desk and takes a seat when offered. "Ah, yes, I'm Sean O'Malley with H&H Investigations." Chances are, he'll be long gone before they start checking references with the pandemonium going on. "So I've heard, some contacts filled me in on a little of what's going on, but I'm trying to get a bit more before I head out to offer assistance. I'd rather be working on the same page as everyone else, rather than being a hindrance or wasting funds on leads you're already following. Is there anyway you can help me with that, Officer Collins?"
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

There was a pile of about eight folders on Collins desk. They likely hold all sorts of restricted information that could help the investigation that Connor had been charged with. Where could he locate that phone?

"Let's see..."
    The police officer organized her files on her desk. "This report is about a missing ambulance. Of course, the big concern there is that it could be used for nefarious means. This pile is about a report of two assaults. There is another report about property damage as someone apparently threw a car. I know there is a patrol car out looking in case someone is dangerous on drugs in the area. I have not had a chance to sort this pile." She indicates the taller stack of about three reports.

"Can you write down your name and contact information here before you go?" She slides a legal notepad across the desk towards Connor. "And then lets work on all these cases. I'm up to my eyes, here."

Jennifer Hazelton

The hours of the night had passed by. Collins seems somewhat curious about "O'Malley's" lack of response. She was careful to keep an eye on any folders and paperwork, so nothing was easy to tuck away and smuggle out. The time came that Connor had to excuse himself and leave the police department, the phone still remained behind.

Closed Thread