(Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor's face sours slightly as the conversation turns to the recent disappearances, and most specifically, Quinn's. "I wouldn't expect our Dear Quinn to return any time soon. If her past is any indication, she's adept a disappearing with no attempt to return." After realizing the animosity he'd relayed on his face, the haunt takes a moment to compose himself. "Though from what I've heard, Helen, you would make an excellent Reeve, one that I would be glad to serve." As Jennifer turns Helen's question back at her, Connor falls silent once again, allowing Helen to come to her own conclusions about potential duties.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

"Maybe they're busy with other things. They do have some surprise personnel dynamics, maybe they're busy with internals first." Helen offers. Not that she's too confident that that's true, but still, with each guy in a different covenant, it's more likely it's fallen to the wayside than that it's been called off unilaterally. In her mind, at least, that is.

And there it is again, that 'fuck what you just said, let's go with my variation of it' that Helen hates so much. Same with the Reeve shit. 'Just the usual, no local exceptions' would've been perfect and like that the issue would've been settled. But no, little Miss Sunshine has to make a presentation project out of it just to rub it in... Another twang of annoyance, but it at least makes her ignore some even more infuriating implications.

"So me not annoying people with constant reminders how bad I want some job and how good I'd be for it is the same as not offering up for the job at all. Weird leadership technique with the masses of available people, but okay. Either that, or you're arguing way around my argument."

Just to make clear she's noticed her argument being exaggerated for some minuscule point oif implicated possible side-meaning she has little interest in nitpicking around about.

"Reeve's enforcing the Prince's laws over the domain. Does investigating, Does interrogating. Decides whether the Prince needs to get involved, carries out sentences handed down. Basic stuff, probably not too different in places, I guess. Asking for the duties exactly, I guess I wanted to know about details that might be important enough to mention. Does the Archon, who was the last person I saw handling the Prince's justice by the way, have some duty overlap with the Reeve or was that some pure Invictus internal shit ? What sort of stuffs would a Reeve in this place have to do, what does the Prince habitually NOT hand down ? Does the Reeve do capital punishment over here ? Job benefits specific to this place that go outside the really general job description ? Special duties specific to this place that go outside the really general job description ? Stuff that actually helps deciding to apply for the job or not and is more productive than this 'I know better what you said than you do' bullshit."

Helen positively glowers at Jennifer, feeling sdhe's being led on and not taken seriously, and doesn't bother to hide it.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Its been a year. If they are too busy, they are too busy. No need to keep the light on."
    Promising to do something and then not following through is just bad manners. Dear Quinn. That speaks volumes.

Jennifer looks to Connor. She had thought he'd slipped out, he had been so quiet. "She would have an upward battle with some Kindred who do not appreciate taking roles only to vanish."
    Jennifer arched an eyebrow at Helen. "I did not say anything like that. Be offended by what I said: “Not offering one up for a position is a way to never obtain the position. Which is fine if you are truly uninterested.
    As I am saying it is just fine if you are not interested. I am not here to force feed unwanted jobs down your throat. I had been planning on running you through my plans and history from when I was a Reeve's assistant. Yet you want to talk like that? Figure it out yourself.
    I had been speaking so positively of you to my coterie mate."

A shake of the head. No emotion like anger or disapointment. Helen was grown and more than capable of setting her own path.

Jennifer stands. The dark haired Nosferatu looks to Connor.
    "I had been thinking of calling you for a private conversation about the past Swearing Ceremony. Let me know when is a good time for you. I am busy on the 29th of this month and can set an appointment for the other evenings."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A raised eyebrow met Helen at her outburst, only to be redirected at Jennifer. "Answering a question with a question is bad form, unless you truly doubt the other person's abilities." His eyes shift back to Helen. "Your entirely valid concerns could have been approached differently; vinegar and honey, as they say. However...." He turns his head back to Jennifer. "I have noticed that the last few meetings I've attended, these spats originate from either a reiteration or reinterpretation of what Helen has said. Or in this case, Helen asked a valid question, and was in turn answered with a question herself. Everyone knows the Reeve's most basic duties, unless you're a fledgling of course, but each office is run so differently from domain to domain that it's difficult to understand the full scope of the position without asking questions." His eyes shift between the two of them. "Jennifer is right that you need to make your intentions known if, and only if, you want the position. However, Helen may want to get more experience under her belt so that she may bring her work history to the table should she decide to aim for the position. Constant reminders are for Childer. Set this issue to rest and be assured that we're all working toward a greater future for our family."

His eyes float between the two other Nosferatu in attendance, his eyes finally resting on Jennifer. "Any time between the 1st and 7th would be fine, I will make myself available."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

5. Likes liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

Helen eyes narrow as Jennifer continues on.

Aaaand they're off... Wait, is O'Brien partly taking her side of the argument ? Damn, she's surprised enough the scathing retort she's put on the way silently dies somewhere on the way between brain and mouth.

"Guess you're right, I could have said that differently. My apologies."

It's not easy admitting that, but then, O'Brien is right. That he seems to see a part of her side of the issue helps swallow her ego a little, though. Well, at least they now know where everyone stands, don't they ? Doesn't matter. They'll see soon enough where things are headed.

"To you too, Connor. Maybe I've underestimated you and you're not just a sack full of political hot air after all. Good points."

As they start talking about some stuff she asumes is Invictus stuff, she takes her leave and walks out.

"See you around, guys."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I asked Helen's opinion on what the responsibilities and tasks were because it seemed that she wanted me to detail all of the information for her."
    "I had not realized that my constant reminders suggested that I see Helen as less than."
    She would not even say childer, for Helen was not one. She did not want to add additional fire to misunderstandings.

"It is good when you make your thoughts known, Connor." Jennifer says more softly to Connor.
    Helen walked out and Jennifer looks after her.

"With the holidays coming around the time that we normally meet, I suggest that the Nosferatu meet here in January. I will be in touch with you about the discussion about our Covenant matters."
    One of the benefits of the Clan living together at the Necropolis was that they could easily find one another to resolve any lingering issues.

Jennifer waits for Connor to make his goodbyes politely and departs for her sleeping chamber.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread