Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

There were a lot of libraries in Sacramento, R'lyeh found. Which was nice. She'd rather have a lot of library options then none. But what was hard was choosing which to go to first. So she settled on writing up a list, and picking that way. Methodical and alphabetical was the way to go. So, R'lyeh chose to venture into the 'Arcade Library', a somewhat newly renovated, if December 2016(or was that 17?) could be considered newly renovated anymore. She didn't know. R'lyeh's experiences with money and construction and what was and was not available (or possible) varied wildly for her Before and After.

But it was a nice space. Open, clean. Organized. Different computer labs for kids and adults, a space for teens. Chairs looked comfortable, there was even appliances and a 3D printer you could use!

It was very nice. And R'leyh was glad she tried to dress up for today. A cool toned check over shirt, with a white(ish) tank top underneath, paired with a good pair of boots and worn jeans she thought she was okay to be inside a building. Around people. Yeah. Especially since she's focused her glamour to harden around her so she wont drip-drip-drop all over the books.

A nod, and a kind of smile, towards the people looking at her, and makes a beeline towards the non-fiction.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

book keeping!
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

It was always a tossup on where the put the books she wanted. Arts and Crafts. Religion. Non-Fiction. The trash.

So, she had come prepared to have to wander until she found one and could narrow in from there. Hence the not stressful outfit of long jean shorts, museum t-shirt (you know the kind- picture of an exhibit with the name of the museum in funky font underneath it. This one a classic from the Smithsonian), and Chucks.

Yesss... technically there were librarians she could ask. But like, one - then she would have to deal with judgey mc judgersons. And two - there was nothing wrong with wandering book isles. She kinda liked it.

Breathing in the smell of paper, dragging fingers over rows of spines, nearly bumping into someone who was just suddenly there.

Ok, Rlyeh wasn't just suddenly there, she had clearly come from the door. But Witch had been distracted and she just had a look about her that was all 'here I am'.

A noise of ooops/ack/oof all rolled into one.

"Sorry- was distracted," an offered apology and rationale for the near collision. Maybe even a smile to sweeten the apology.

Stats

Equipment

4. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Making her beeline she's bumps into someone. Oh no, oh nononono. It takes her a minute-moment to realize that was the extent of the action. That the women she'd bumped into was apologising to R'lyeh like it was the stranger's fault and not the Stain's. Like it was a normal accident between two normal people and not something leading to hurt-pain-fleeing.

"I'm sorry! I wasn't looking-watching-!" babbles out over the other women's words. Needing to get them out there, "I didn't mean..." she trails off, shoulders hitching, and mouth hanging open. "I'm R'l-Riley..." she settles on, hoping that would...help....?

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Maybe turned into a definite smile. It was amused but not in mean-girl-way.

"Pleasure to meet you, Riley. Morgan." A thumb chuck toward her own chest. Did the name sound awkward? Nah- it was just the bumping. Or the books. Yeah. Books. Sound was always bounced weird in book places.

"You seemed pretty determined- looking for something specific?" Hrm. That sounded like a librarian. The very thing she had avoided talking to and here she was all acting like one. "I haven't quite figured my way out around here yet myself..."

There. That should help right? An obvious "I'm not a librarian" but also maybe a silent "can help if needed-slash-wanted?"?

Stats

7. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Did she think her name was Riley Morgan? Her brow furrows as it slowly dawns on her. Oh. No. Her name's Morgan. Morgan-not-a-stranger.

"Yes-hi-hello-Morgan. hi." she tries to smile. Was it a good one? Maybe. Smiling was awkward-weird. To strange-familiar with a human-shaped-face. Not that she did much smiling when she didn't have a human-shaped-face. "I have not been here before." good to get out there. "So I do-not know...where things. Are...and. I'm. Looking for...uh. Something..?" a small shrug. Secrets-Truths-Questions-Answers. "Anything. Really. I like. Learning....things...." Most people-people and some Lost-people didn't understand-like that. Someone being a nerd-geek-lowest-on-the-totem-pole. In the Before, she remembers kicking people like that down. Irony-fate-Wyrd? Maybe.

"..are you also here for....books?"

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

There wasn't a reason for the smile to go away or change or anything. So, it didn't. The near collision of epic catastrophe had not happened. Probably wouldn't have even been epic or catastrophic if it had. But Riley seemed a bit shook up from it still, and it was hard not to have a small smile of amusement-slash-reassurance that e everything was thumbs up fine.

"Well, you've come to the right place for that." Said with a wide-open welcome gesture to the library and all the universes of world and knowledge it contained. It was hard not to be librarian it seemed. Too much like her day job maybe? Well. Whatever.

"Anything is a pretty big range, but I do admire it. And yeah, I'm here for the books. Haven't decided exactly which ones I was going for first. My interests don't quite run to everything, but they are definitely not singular. Was doing the browse method- see which topic I ended up stumbling onto first you know?"

Do not babble about dead bodies and magic.
    Do not babble about dead bodies and magic.

It was a mantra. Even from before the accident. A mantra when she wanted to make friends. Not scare them away.

Stats

Equipment

10. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

"It was either library or bookstore, and library is free. Plus. Seats." gesturing to the plush chair in a corner nook, all of which the stranger-lady-Morgan knew. And R'lyeh knew, she knew but -

"I know!" a bobbing head, and a real not weird-awkward smile, bright and strange upon her face. It shows too many teeth, and R'lyeh feels an echo-twing-memory of a larger mouth that won't fit her all to small human frame, but is tattooed all the same. "When you don't know what you want to know-learn-find, it's a great way to...find-figure-decide."

A small moment of quiet, R'lyeh gnawing on her lip. "What is....what is-are you looking for? I mean interests that are not anything erm." she rambles a bit. Was that okay? It should be. Probably, Maybe.

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

"Those are ... valid points." She agrees, "Also libraries don't tend to have a music track running. Which I mean ... if you like the bookstore's selection, woot, but if not ..." She pulls a face.

And then it was her turn to stumble and falter.

Dead bodies.
    Magic.
    Rocks.

Those were what she wanted. But the first two were usually convo killers. "Oh, turns out your weird ... ok well gotta go byyyyeeee." And the third. Well. It was rocks.

"My tastes are a bit ... eclectic," she beginswarns, a hand coming up to run through her hair, straightening in definitely a nervous been-here-never-gone-well way.

Well, fuck it. Either she would be cool with it, or she wouldn't. The hand drops.

"I wanted to see if they had anything on taxidermy that I hadn't seen before. Maybe see how alt religion friendly they were. And then to wrap it up, if they had anything on rocks."

She smiled. Because smiling made things ... less ... weird? Or was it that it made it more weird? Whelp. Too late now.

Stats

Equipment

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

While Morgan was fretting which was completely unnoticed by R'lyeh, the Lost waited patiently for the redhead to get her words out. R'lyeh knew a thing or two about words and how they could be easy-hard-choices-complicated. When the words do come, R'lyeh cocks her head, and just murmurs out,

"Huh," focus away from the other person-human-notLost, instead eyes look at signage and shelves. "Eclectic-interesting-yes. Hmm, They might have a minimal sample size of your interests. For alternate religious things. This is my first time here too. I said. Hmm, so I don't know. Taxidermy. I'd wager maybe a few things. Sometimes people would be more open to that then about promoting interests in things other than the Christian God. But rocks. Kids do science about rocks. So there should be more resources about those...." trailing off, eyes hunting-seeking-devouring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread