The scented candles were burning, wafting the sweet smell of a pine forest around his sanctum which was located in the basement. Various plants sat in planters attached to the walls, hung from the ceiling and sat on the floor. In the middle was a pentagram, Apollo sat in the middle. His eyes closed breathing as he meditated. In front of him sat some College brochures.

Apollo concentrated on his breathing as he felt the flow of Life and Spirit energy around him. If he was honest he had hoped it would calm him so that he could make the choice on what he was going to study. To most people leaving High School the choice was easier, they usually knew what they wanted to be. Apollo had never been interested in College, then he had awoken and that had flipped his life into Chaos. Magick existing was hard enough to come to terms with. Learning there are a million things that wanted to kill you just complicated matters.

As a kid his parents had introduced him to D&D and he fantasised about becoming a wizard or sorcerer. The fantasy beat the reality any day.

Focusing on his breathing his mind kept wondering, which direction was he going to go in. Was it worth the cost? Someone should create a mage college like Hogwarts or something. He opened his eyes and sighed, flipping over the pages in the college brochures.

"Law or Medicine... Law or Medicine...Law or Medicine" he reached out, pushing the brochures hard so the skidded over the floor into the sofa at the other side. Apollo sighed again in frustration. He considered calling Puck, maybe fate could point the way" He shook his head, bad idea. He didn't want to admit to Puck that he had no idea what he wanted to study or that he thought he was not smart enough to do either or that he thought he was biting off more than he could chew.

He was certain he was biting off more than he could chew, he had his small business, mage things, magical study, volunteering work and soon college as well. He put his head in his hands and sighed.

It had been no more than 5 minutes when the brochures skidded along the floor back at him. He looked up quickly, he was home alone. There in front of him he saw a familiar face. A spirit he had known from New York, it took a roughly humanoid shape only its skin and clothes were covered in old newspaper articles from the past. Apollo half smiled.

"New York that was." He frowned "Am I going to have trouble with you today?"

The Spirit remained straight faced "I am never any trouble"

Apollo laughed, he had a few experiences with this Spirit. There was the time that it had taken him on a tour of New Yorks past, or the time that it just hoiked him into the spirit world when he was not expecting. It was rare for this spirit to take a liking to any mages, but he had taken a liking to Apollo. At least Apollo thought he liked him... "You are far away from home"

The spirit shrugged "I have come to repay the debt that New York that Will Be owes you."

"I see you never fail to brighten up a room" he responded sarcastically.

The spirits straight face remained. "Now listen here in studio 54, 1978, Freddie Mercury and Dianna Ross were talking at the bar...."

Apollo chuckled "I fear we are about to go off topic here on one of your many walks down memory lane."

The spirit raised an eyebrow, or at least he thought it was an eyebrow. It was a bit of newspaper where the headline read Headless body in topless bar "Right. I am here to pay the debt that New York that Will Be owes you." he crouched down putting a finger on one of the brochures.

"If you think helping me pick a college course makes up for that mess he put me in..."

"Take it or Leave it Apollo... The spirits guided you to that name for a reason. Apollo was the god of healing." The spirit paused briefly "They didn't push you towards Themis did they... Also you know this... Will Be knows things and he has looked. Even you understand that our default answer when your kind ask to look into the future or past is a no. This is a big deal."

Apollo thought for a few seconds. "You know I hate it when you are right"

The spirit smiled "I always am" and faded into the wall. His voice trailing off as he left "I need to get back and good luck."

Apollo looked down at the brochure. "Medicine it is" he took his phone out of his pocket and made his way upstairs. His choice was made.