With the summer winding down Sacramento is awash with students and teachers who are in various stages of grief, denial, and acceptance with the coming school year. And Conner finds himself caught up in the throng looking for information on the mysterious Forten. Currently he finds himself at the Rapture, a local club with some hints of supernatural goings-on that he and Quartermain had frequented a few weeks back. A friend of a friend in the university circles had mentioned a large gathering of local returning students who were "making the most of their free time".

Which naturally means dancing and drinking the night away.
The perfect place to catch them off guard.

Conner's currently sitting with a TA and a couple of returning juniors who're glad to have passed the sophomore slump and want to get into the new year. The conversation turns naturally to occupation and Conner goes through the rigamarole of his temp position as part of a part-time lecturer pool on social studies.

"It's nice to have the option of getting into teaching at my own pace. I don't quite have the stomach for freelance work. Though I've seen some name floating around...'Forten'. He seems to have picked up quite a few students recently, though of what I'm not sure. Does the name ring any bells?"

failure

The TA, a Clark Kent-ish young man removes his glasses and chews on the ends as he gathers his thoughts briefly. "Nah. Can't say I have. Though if I'm just going off the name I'd say probably an English or Music teacher. If he's private tutoring then good for him. I'm with you though; freelance work is all fun and games until you have to run your own financials." He sets his glasses back on and starts walking towards the bar, patting Conner on the shoulder as he passes. "Besides, I'm more of a party animal than a lone wolf." ​Conner chuckles darkly as the brief pressure of the man's hand leaves his shoulder as he masks his frustration with a sip of his own drink. Party animals have to leave the herd sometime.

Just because his search for information came up empty doesn't mean he had to go hungry tonight...