Zeromancer had received the email a couple weeks ago. After contacting the owner of the pawn shop, they scheduled a night for him to go in and do his investigation. The owner had agreed to open the pawn shop for him just 1 hour before sunset. This gave Zeromancer some time to set equipment as well as get ready for his nightly investigation. He had arrived at the allotted time and saw the owner was waiting for him.

"Thank you for meeting me here. Before I enter and get set up do you mind if I ask a few questions?" Zeromancer asked. "Not a problem, I will try to give you any information I can." responded the pawn shop owner.

Zero: "When did the activity start?"
PSO: "It started a few months ago, but has recently start to escalate and occur more often."
Zero: "Are certain people moire affected than others?"
PSO: "I think it is targeting my wife and me more. My daughter has stated seeing shadows in her room, but nothing has really happened to her."
Zero: "And the activity is located in the actual pawn shop?"
PSO: "Yes that seems to be where everything seems to happen."
Zero: "Thank you, if you do not mind handing me the keys, I will lock myself in and begin the investigation. It usually takes me 4-5 hours to complete so I will call you when I am done."

The pawn shop owner handed the keys to Zeromancer and headed up to his apartment. As soon as the pawn shop owner was inside, Zero stepped into the pawn shop and began taking his equipment out of his backpack and case. He set up the kirlian camera on a tripod and aimed it at the center of the shop. He took out his digital camera as well as his energy meter. Turning on the energy meter there was an almost immediate spike. Ah so I see you are already curious about me, Zero thought. At that sign Zero decided it was time to pull out his trump card. He cast Speak with the Dead:

4 successes

Zeromancers vision shifted and he was able to peer into the twilight and see what is going on around him, He turned on his digital camera, and then started to look around. He immediately sees her. She was still young looking but he could see that she had signs of stress aging. Zeromancer pretended not to notice her, as he walked around filming his surroundings. He would occasionally return to the Kirlian Camera to snap a photo or two of the area surrounding the ghost. Finally he started to ask his typical questions, he noticed that the ghost noticed him more as he spoke. So Zero turned off his digital camera and energy meter and looked right at the ghost.

Zeromancer: "Do not get scared, I can see you. What is your name?"
Roberta: "My name is Roberta" she states with some fear in her voice, "How can you see and hear me?"
Zeromancer: "I have special abilities that let me see beings such as yourself. What are you doing here?"
Roberta: "I don't remember how it got here, but my broach is in the display there. I have been stuck here for a few years."
Zeromancer: "So why have you begun to manifest yourself in front of these people?"
Roberta: "I hate when children are hurt or mistreated by their parents. That is in fact one thing I remember from when I was alive. I was a social worker, and I had a passion for helping children who needed help."
Zeromancer: "So it seems we have quite a bit in common. I try to help people who need help as well. That is why I am here. I was sent to investigate why you have been harassing these people."
Roberta: "It is because they do not treat their daughter well at all. If she is not being ignored, she is being verbally and emotionally abused."
Zeromancer: "Ah I see, well if I can help you get the parents to treat their daughter better will you be willing to leave them alone. I can even bring you with me, and I can try to help you discover what you need to move on?"
Roberta: "Yes, I would be willing to leave with you."
Zeromancer: "Well then lets get started here, where is your anchor. I will have to move it to me as I cannot just take whatever you are anchored to."
Roberta: "It is that broach there, what are you going to do? Are you going to steal it?"
Zeromancer: "No, we will no longer need it after I am done here."

Zeromancer took out the broach, he then removed his lead coin pendant. He started to chant in High Speech and focusing on casting the Transfer Anchor spell:

failure

4 successes

Zeromancer was successfully able to move Roberta's anchor from the broach to his lead coin pendant. He put the pendant back on and told Roberta "It is done, you are now anchored to my pendant. No need to worry, I will try my best to help you move on." Zeromancer packed up his stuff and called the owner to let him know the investigation is done. Upon being released from the pawn shop he talked to the owner and let him know before he left:

Zeromancer: "The activity will stop for now, but you will need to change the energy in this place and your home. The first thing you need to do is treat your child better. Start being more interested in her, and less interested in punishing her. Help her lead a better life. I will be back in from time to time to check in, and if the energy does not change I will have to call social services."

He left before the pawn shop owner could say a word, and as him and Roberta walked down the street Roberta said "Thank you....."