Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(DG) Graveyard shift, the second.

Jul 13, 2022 : (DG) To do some digging.
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Zeromancer , the car is not in view of the entrance. I think I might need you to be a bit more concrete with your descriptions - for now I'm assuming that Zero is staying back near the car? What is he looking for? Is he waiting for the driver to return?

With the exchange of information established, Witch stayed put and waited.
    At some point her silent phone lit up with Nos' answer. Have the two other Moros taken off for good or were they working on another angle?

Nos might not understand the unseen exchange between Zeromancer and... something, but she understood cars. So yeah, with a bit of time and a look beneath the hood or the car itself she might be able to rig this and remove the getaway-car from the equation. There were ways to do this without tools, even though the chance of getting the car to run again quickly was slimmer that way.
    But hey, you had to break some eggs to make an omelette.

Witch giving you guys another chance to do something, if you wish so. If you want to wait until the trio reappears, let me know.
    Nos disabling the car could either be done magically or with a (Dex + Crafts - 3) roll. Lack of tools and the darkness will make it harder and depending on how thoroughly you want to disable it this is an extended action with at least 3 successes needed, 10 minutes per roll.

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer nods at Nos, "Just a talent of mine I picked up from back East. Go ahead and disable the car, and then we can find somewhere to hide. Also keep out for word from Witch, it will give us a heads up when they are on their way back."

failure

Stats

Equipment

Spell: Speak with the Dead

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

She could alter her clothes. Yeah. Maybe to something dark? Better to hide with. Except ... she was already hidden.

She could peep through the wall of the morgue. Yeah. So that she could see what they were doing. Except ... she already knew what they were doing.

Actually, now that she thought about it ... how were they going to get the body out? She hadn't seen a wheelbarrow. Were they literally just going to fireman carry it through the front door?
    She wondered if the morgue had security cameras inside. Not that she could do anything with them even if they did, but most businesses these days did.

In the end she decided to discover the answer to her question by waiting.

But first she pre-typed a quick message to Nos, her finger hovering over the send button. Once she saw them leave she would punch it, sending Nos and presumably Zeromancer a heads up.

Apologies! Thought I posted this but apparently I never punched submit!

There was little opportunity for Zeromancer to effectively hide. The first place he tried felt too exposed, especially when he wanted to have the street leading to the morgue in his line of sight. He could keep looking, or he could proactively rejoin Witch once Nos was done doing her thing. For all he knew, the newest Moros in town was in trouble.

You can try again to hide with a (-1) penalty if you want.

Witch pondered on a few options but ultimately opted for the more prudent approach. After a few minutes, that patience got rewarded: first, the woman reappeared and looked around.

failure

Seemingly satisfied with the empty surroundings, she quickly dipped into the building again. Moments later the trio came out - the woman leading and still looking around, the two men actually carrying a body bag. It wasn't quite a fireman carry, but it was way less professional than one could have expected from serial burglars. Once they were out, the woman shut the door most of the way and rejoined her colleagues. Seemed like they weren't done in there, but at least they had the presence of mind to not leave the entrance ajar.
    With low grunts of effort they slowly moved the body bag away from the morgue.

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer decided against hiding as he realized he would not be able to find a good spot. He decided the best thing would be to rejoin Witch while they were inside, and maybe find out more about what these people were looking for. "Hurry up and disable the vehicle, we should try to get back to Witch."

While Nos is doing her thing, Zeromancer is keeping an eye out towards the direction of the morgue keeping an eye out. They did not want to be caught by these people once more, they would not be able to lie their way out of this one.

4 successes

Stats

Equipment

Spell: Speak with the Dead

Witch seems like we can skip Nos again.

Zeromancer decided to quit looking for a place to hide and started to be on the lookout instead - and it paid off. He could see a group of people making their way over to the car. Talking their way out of this situation would be pretty unlikely for either party, should they run into each other.

Bump for Nos and/or Witch .

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Really? They were just gonna ... truck the body out bold as that? She shook her head in silent amazement at the audacity. They made loose lipped mages look responsible. Punching send on the text to warn Nos that they were coming, she slid her phone back into her pocket and eyed the open door.

Well ... it wasn't like they weren't planning on going in anyways.

Waiting until the trio (it still counted as a trio even if one was dead right?) were out of sight, she made a dash for the morgue door. Slipping inside quickly, she turned to set it back to the same angle the female had left it at. And then turned to find a hiding spot inside, pulling shadows with her as she did so.

2 successes on Hiding

2 successes on Magic

Shadow Sculpting
    Stats

Equipment

Witch
    Nimbus

Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

Xander - neither ragnarokxg or NotaHoneyBadger has been on in the past month and I figured I would check with you on if this plot would be continued or faded to grey. Either way, this particular scene may need to be closed (at -61 days).

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

All of Aeolus's ongoing plots will be faded to grey. I know it bites, but I don't have any guidance on what he was planning and I don't have time to go back through the threads he left.

End scene.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread