Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hedge Patrol V

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(Hedge Patrol V) Good Neighbours
Sep 28, 2022 - Dec 17, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"A monster made of hands would be as unbeatable as duck sized horses, though fer entirely different reasons," Circe jests to Liam. "Talia? Let me know if ya want some knuckle dusters ta help. Or coin, I always have work work." She assures her Summer technical subordinate. And her eyes dart to the shadows, flashing her light upon the bushes.

"Company? I won't ask be ye friend or foe, because only the very stupid admits ta the latter." The elfin Fairest has the rifle trained on one of the shadows, ready to fire if it is a problem. She has the ammo. So she shouts into the brush, "Sup?!"

Stats & Equipment
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes , liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Internally Talia cursed her two left feet, at least she had clearly put two left feet on this morning. She made a mental note to thank Liam later. What do springs like? A fruit basket? Beer?

Her eyes darted to the shadows, whatever it was she altered her stance at the same time Circe spoke, a defensive position ready to attack should the worst come to worse. Still this was the hedge, friend could become foe in a heartbeat and vice versa. You always had to be on your guard in this nightmare place.
    Talia ¦ Elemental ¦ Waterborn / Fireheart

4. Likes liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Whoops!

Liam stretches out a branch-muscled limb and gently stops Talia by the shoulder to keep her from stumbling off the path. Though the clash of Mantles briefly creates a sickly sweet scent of burning pine tree that causes the Giant to wince through his friendly smile.
    He pulls his arm back and just gives a nod to the temporarily wayward Summer as his own Mantle returns to its incense-like aroma.

Liam scratches his barkskin chin as he walks. "Duck-sized horses? Is that a riddle? Does that mean there are horse-sized ducks?" I think I might've seen ducks like that back in...

Circe bellows our her challenge and Liam skids short of stepping into (or on) those in front of him. The Giant looks in the general direction that Circe looks and as Talia takes her position, Liam decides to play good cop. "Hello out there! It's alright, we won't offer you any harm provided you don't mean any to us. Can we help you? My name's Liam.

4 successes

The Giant spreads his arms wide and flexes his Mantle so that the scent of pine is pushed around him and his needle-hair blows in an unforeseen breeze. His voice is just as loud as Circe's, but more welcoming than aggressive. After all, Liam knew that not all those who lurk the Hedge were malicious Hobs.

equipment

Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

6. Likes liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post

0 Scenes

The noise startles whatever's in the underbrush, but Liam's Spring thinking entices them out. Or at least one of them out, the Lost could have sworn that the shadow they saw couldn't have been made by what comes out of the underbrush.

About the size of two house cats, is something cat-like. A sleek long eared and limbed quadruped, with a blunt snout and fur of bark and the same green jewel toned leaves as the foliage around them.

"Well met!" comes a contradictory voice, both high and gruff, "The name you may call me is Radavur. As long as no harm comes my way, I won't have to harm you!"

1 success
    5 successes
    Wits+Comp-5(the suxx) if you want to see who/what's been hidden

8. Likes , liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia tried to spot what had been hidden but oh my those leaves look lovely and green. Talia considered Radavur for a couple of seconds. "Hello Radavur. What brings you around these parts?" it was a nice day for it, whatever it was.

Roll
    Talia ¦ Elemental ¦ Waterborn / Fireheart

10. Likes liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Eeee," Circe starts to make a noise at the animalistic sight of it but controls herself due to paranoia, "Ahem."

"Same in return radical neighbor," she assures him and then tries to butter them up towards staying friendly, "Always best ta have good neighbors. Folks that are willing ta lend ya help or tools when ya need out of kindness."

Radavur might not be the only thing around. He could be troule whether as decoy, trying to use the changelings as a meat shield, or gunfire brining in predators. Certainly Circe didn't refrain from violence because it was small and cute to her ruby and oil eyes.

She looses the hand from the barrel briefly to adjust her helmet, it was still new.

Nooope

Stats & Equipment

sorry for the very late reply on this, I've no excuse
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

12. Likes , liked this post

0 Scenes

Radavur's lip pulls back, and their leafy ears flatten at Circe's squeal, the hob lets out a growled-squeaky sound of their own. Holding a moment before shaking out their leaves, and responding to Talia, "What do ya I'm doin' hm?"

Eyes, squinting at Circe and her words, "What do ya want?"

as it's been several days I'm going to skip over Liam Gelt

14. Likes , liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

failure

Liam stands aghast that his ploy actually...worked! Not that he doubts his Spring Court charm and abilities; only that for once he's encountering something Hedge-side that isn't immediately a cannibal or carnivore. But he's not quite sure what this felid Hob is...

​Could it be more plant than animal? Or is the foliage color just for camouflage? The Hedge really leaves nothing to chance. His musings take up most of the negotiations thus far, until he realizes that he too is a part of this conversation. His eyebrows go up in an OH! expression, and he dips his head in greeting to the Hob. "Hello Radavur, my name's Liam. I do like your coat; did you grow it yourself or did someone make it for you?" Perhaps the Hob will be more forthcoming if it gets to talk about itself. Hedge-things were varied in form, but vanity is a flaw found in the lowest and the highest of otherfolk. And even some Changelings. And maybe an Ogre or two.

Hedge Patrol IV Equipment
    equipment

Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

16. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Whilst I would love ta quote Tony Randall in my answer," she jerks her head back wards a little, "We already got civilization back there Radavur, ta the point of having taxes too. I don't look that level, call me Circe ya cutie," she winks at him "And, despite how cute ya are, it'd be rude ta huggle ya." She giggles, "And I'd much rather use bullets on cannibal baddies then somethign as adorbs as yourself. I'm Circe, bee tee dubs, and I just want ta know if yer a good neighbor."

"Of course, what is a good neighbor? Not attacking us, not eating things that can talk, willing ta trade." She nods her head albeit a small nod, "That works fer my mins. How about you two?" She inquires to Talia and Liam.

Stats & Equipment

18. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

Radavur looks to Liam, "Ya Spring touched are always so..." before snorting and shaking their head.

"You have too many words for a simple concept." A long stare, unblinking gaze, "Are ya aiming for a a simple Pledge or a Good Neighbour's Pact?"

20. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread