Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hedge Patrol V

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(Hedge Patrol V) Good Neighbours
Sep 28, 2022 - Dec 17, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

0 Scenes

The last Hedge Patrol revealed something stranger then the purview of a normal Patrol, so instead of expanding on their route by way of the Capitol Park 'Gate the Lost head back through Funderland's administrative building where a secret path can be opened. A stairwell, narrow and steep leads the Lost far below the surface. The myriad of cobwebs had been cleared, but ever industrious the spider rebuilds. Single Edison bulbs have been strung up along the wall leading down into the Prohibition era tunnels that criss-crossed the subterranean map of the Freehold.

As the steep stairs come to an end, the passage abruptly shifts, taking a very sharp turn, running west-east. Rough hewn stone, dried mud, and grey brick run a curve overhead, cables run the length of it, tracking electricity to the glowing bulbs. On the ground is a rusted, unstable tack.

Placed against the far wall heavy grey stones have been carefully placed, creating an archway, a Hedge Gate, which is closed, for now.

Byeond the 'Gate the Hedge, ever shifting, always dangerous and it's always, always right there, just in their backyard...

Okay here’s the opening of the newest Hedge Patrol, please include your Equipment, Health and WP with every post!

If you want to get going right away I'm going to need someone to spend 1 Glamour to open the Hedge Gate!

Matt Talia BoxingUnicorn Liam Gelt Origins Circe

2. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

(Kick into the Hedge)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

One advantage to having the entrance being in a secure area, Circe didn't have to give a shit about how she dressed. In this case, for war. Her new riot gear is festooned with pouches and holsters for her armaments. Save for the Assault Rifle she has at the ready after kicking in the door, literally, to the Hedge.

"Knock knock!"

The Summer Queen's rifle sweeps the area, light shining from the barrel's side and shining off the bayonet. Paranoia? Only if nothing it trying to kill you, as the Hedge always is.

Stats & Equipment
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

The stomp of Talias boots could be heard before she was seen, subtle she was not. She approached Circe, whilst eating a Snickers Bar finishing off the chocolate and stuffing the wrapper into her pocket.

"Circe, is it just us or are we expecting more? If its just us lets get this shower of shit over with." She was never a fan of the hedge, but patrols were a necessary evil or a good time... depending on if you were winning.​

Stats & Equipment
    [/QUOTE]
    Talia ¦ Elemental ¦ Waterborn / Fireheart

6. Likes liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

'More' enters shortly after the words leave Talia's mouth. Accompanied by the soft creak of branchlike limbs and the rumble of heavy footsteps slightly muffled by heavy boots.

Liam looks dressed for a long trip in the woods, which is usually what the Hedge tends to look like. It's both comfortable for him and the closest thing he has to 'action' gear. That said, he looks more like they're due for a walk than a firefight with a friendly smile and a low rumbling hum of a tune. "Circe, Talia! Good to see you both here." ​He recognizes the more fiery Lost from the Summer Coronation, though she's a lot less colorful in dress than at the wrestling ring. "Have you been settling in, Talia? Sacramento's a great city to explore if you get the chance."

equipment/stats
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

8. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Liam! Glad ta hear ya both with me, that is true, that is true!" She is being loud as she is scanning the Hedge with her gun instead of looking at the Spring giant or her fellow Summer.

Circe laughs at the archer's, hopefully, jest, "Better not be literal shitty shower Talia. I get enough literal shit ta wash off in Underland patrols. I'd prefer ta run inta another Digimon," because they'd been cute and Pokemon were so mainstream thank you very much.

Circe had no desire to fight a poop monster. That is one of the few non-army numbered opponents she'd flee from. "Ya both ready fer a rumble in this wannabe jungle?"

Stats & Equipment
    "Liam! Glad ta hear ya both with me, that is true, that is true!" She is being loud as she is scanning the Hedge with her gun instead of looking at the Spring giant or her fellow Summer.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

The Gate's open, the roving Wrathful glamour searing from the portal between. The dry heat reaching the Lost from where they stand, waiting.

Didn't want to rush you guys into the Hedge in case you wanted to do walking order/positions. But when you go through the Gate can I get Perception, as well as Wits+Survival ?

12. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, Talia? Two things. Totally let me know if ya need help with lodgings. Or if ya want a business suit, I have a discount. Summer support, yah know?" Circe smirks, "Second, I technically CAN get ya the Rambo bomb arrow...props," she assures Talia, "But no boom."

1 perception

2 survival

14. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

"I am settling in okay, got some beef with my landlord but nothing I can't sort out with the help of my friend Madame fist." she chuckled. "No boom? Aww but gunfire and explosions are epic."

She looked into the hedge and back to the group assembled "I am ready when you are"

1 success

failure
    Talia ¦ Elemental ¦ Waterborn / Fireheart

16. Likes liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

The wrestling pun draws a smile from Liam, his skin creaking a bit with the broadness of it. "Let's rumble away. I'll take the rear." He has no desire to be caught in Circe's sights with that broomstick in case of a firefight.

failure

1 success

Liam's a little caught up in Talia's life situation to be observant, though he does have some notion of the natural world around him even if he doesn't react to it as much. "Landlord trouble? That's rough. I'm sure you'll find a solution though. Summers are great problem solvers." He looks between Circle and Talia, genuine in his praise. "Though I doubt he's worth explosions; unless your landlord is some kind of bulletproof dragon or monster made of hands." He shudders briefly, recalling the time he'd accompanied Worm and Titania into a Hedge-Lair of such a hand-monster and somehow emerged unscathed.

equipment/stats
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

0 Scenes

The remains of the Iron Side fall away as the Lost move further into the Hedge, the stone and dirt tunnel crack open to vast Summer blue sky. The foliage deep and jewel like Summer green. Everything is warm, and full of life.

The immediate area shows signs of obvious care. Well tended and more then well patrolled. But today, with two Summers, and the seasoned Patrolling Spring, they're going further afield.

Liam doesn't catch it, as he's busy keeping Talia from tumbling off the Path. but Talia and Circe catch it, with the latter keeping them moving forward.

Low shadows, moving in the underbrush.

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread