Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2208) Formal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

NOS
    PRE

Andf although it feels like its been just yesterday, its time for mandatory fun time once more.

Hooraaaaay.

And as the habits she's developed dictate, Helen's slipped back into the blue court dress and makes her way into the place without a lot of stuff to check in. Any stuff, really. Because if she's not supposed to bring it, why do so ? Well, can't get around it so why not simply-

Nope, room's packed. Maaaybe its better to sit the one out ? Meh, not an option this time of the year, really... So she pushes through the unease and downright threat that tries to keep her from entering the place. Hell, it would be something if that shit got easier with time. As is, she looksd around whom among the crowd she can sort of put in a drawer. Well, there's the Prince, obviously, she gets a deep curtsy, while her companion for the night has to make do with another suspicious glare. Brrrrr...

Jennifer gets the next curtsy, as befitting a Priscus. Helen notices that the other Priscuses (which make up about half of the Invictus leader caste plus one still MIA) aren't there yet. Hm, curious. Leaves O'Brien slightly deeper nod than the others, together with Jackson and Rufus. Wells and Perez, curious combination, really, Ed Heinrich at the chesstable with Hamura, the small group of Clarke, Jake and Sanchez as well as Vincenzo, Hoyle and Waldorf in their respective places. As she's curius what or sho else will happen, helen moves over in the general direction of the piano and keeps an eye on things for now.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

2. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Once again it was time for court, the compulsory sort to boot. Al once again dressed up in a three-piece suit (the slate grey one today) with his tie and the polished shoes. As usually he wore the amulet that showed his covenant and the lapel pin. He entered the building, passed the wardrobe and just before entering he stopped with the might of those already inside surged against him. After taking time and a ritual silent prayer to stop himself from panicking and running away, he entered the main room, heralded by his wave of incense.

As he traversed the room he paid his respects: a deep bow for the Prince, though he keeps his distance from the beast at her leash, a slightly less deep one for Mrs. Hazelton, it was noted with some irritation that neither the Seneschal nor the Archon were present yet, then the tour continued with nods to the new arrivals and the rest. Then he sat down at the side, looking on what happened in the room.

4. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque made his way down the stairs. When you typically dress in suits, formals tend to demand a tuxedo just to show you're putting in an extra effort. His wrists were adorned with Cabochon cut amethyst cufflinks. He wore a Rolex and an amethyst tie bar. By how he had gotten a grip at the feel of his beast- the indifferent pull of something that feared no predator. His eyes scanned the room to see who all was present...and who all might not be. A corner of his lips pulled into barely a grin as they passed by Conner. He'd done well in following his conditions- always something he could appreciate.

He bowed deeply to Alessandra, then gave nods to first Jennifer Hazelton and a shallower but deliberate one to Albert Baker. The new Priscus of Shadows was certainly something to be seen.

Blood Hunt:

6. Likes , liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Her curse asserts herself as her voice slithers like a snake moving over dried and dead leaves.
    “Madame Hamura.” Jennifer gives the fellow Kindred of Quality a slight nod appropriate for an acknowledged Kindred.
    An identical slight nod to Edward upon noticing his bow. Dark eyes regard him as he speaks with Madame Hamura. Jennifer circulates, moving with lady – like grace as she looks about the room. Slight nods to Vincenzo, Mr. Hoyle and Mr. Waldorf. She regards the knot of Nosferatu for a moment.
    As the primal fear washes over her Beast, she knows the Prince has arrived. Jennifer lowers herself to the deepest curtsy of the night. She holds it for an appropriate time to indicate her deep respect to the Gangrel Prince. “Your Grace.”

As she rose, she resumes circulating. Noting Mr. Wells respect paid to her, she responds with an appropriate nod to him. Her clan mate enters next and Helen is given a nod and a warmer smile.
    “Priscus Baker.” Jennifer gives a deeper nod to the Mekhet as he arrived.
    The Seneschal arrived and Jennifer moved smoothly to a curtsey, paled only by the curtsy Jennifer had given the Prince. She holds the curtsey for an appropriate time.
    “Seneschal Jack, Speaker of the First Estate,” She greets pleasantly, her Curse slithering through the room.

ooc
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Wallflower)
    Aiko Hamura

5' 3", dark eyes, black hair. Dresses in a suit and tie, trench coat, and fedora. Has an all-but-permanent lifeless look about her face.

PRE

Aiko looks up at Edward. An unfamiliar face... and not Invictus... She muses to herself silently. Still, the woman offers a nod, and gestures to the opposite chair, should he care to sit. "Madame," Aiko corrects gently. "Madame Aiko Hamura. You are interrupting nothing more than an idle experiment, Sir." "Sir" might be a derogatory term among Invictus, but Aiko doesn't mind using it to be polite to those outside the covenant. In fact, it irks her just a little how informal it is among the Invictus. Even decades after her time in the police department, the concept of using "sir" to address superiors - or even just the custom of her day to address equals - still lingers at the back of her tongue, ready to be used again. "I welcome the company, especially from one I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting."

The beast stirs fearfully as more kindred enter and Aiko sees them, most particularly the Prince. Once again, Aiko takes the time to rise from her chair to bow deeply, waiting until Alessandra's eyes have wandered elsewhere to straighten out again. She does remain standing while she offers a few more distant, wordless greetings to some of the other arrivals... a light bow to Connor Wells, a deeper bow to Priscus Jack, a friendly nod to Helen and Baker, should they happen to notice... and another bow to Hazelton as the Notary gives a verbal greeting. "Lady Notary Hazelton, Priscus of Nosferatu." Aiko had been lax with Hazelton's full title in the past, but with an unknown entity in earshot? She shouldn't do so at this moment. It doesn't escape Aiko's notice that Dr. Baker was now being referred to as Priscus. Ah, so he had been granted a city title? That was good; Baker had always displayed diligence and a sharp intellect whenever Aiko had interacted with him.

Returning her attention to Edward, Aiko remains standing or sits in order to mirror whatever choice he had made. Having side-tracked the conversation with Invictus formalities, Aiko offers a reentry point, gesturing at the board. "As for my focus... I had heard about a decade ago that if one is skilled enough, playing without a queen at the start is actually an advantage... or to put precisely, the open space next to the king is more valuable than the queen herself. I was testing to see if I was so skilled." Looking at the board... the white queen had been removed, as the black queen remains. In fact, many white pieces had been removed, but less so the black pieces. It isn't a wretchedly unbalanced game, but black certainly has the favor, an advantage that only grows wider as the game progresses and the queen is given more space to wreak havoc on white's forces. "It seems I do not, but then again, it is only one test game, and I don't even know if the anecdote is true. Do you happen to play?"

9. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

The officials came in at their own pace. Felt first was the immense presence of the Prince herself, the conversation with Aiko halts as they, and the rest of Court, pay their respects. Edward does so with a deep bow.

He returns Conner's nod, the man had been decent even when it might have served not to be.

And Jacque, Edward bowed to the Seneschal as he entered.

Edward scans for a brief second for Twist, but the Archon, despite the closing of the doors, was not to be seen. Had she vanished in his brief absence? Taken torpor? Surely not. Speculation for another time, now was the time for the person before him.

Continued from (2208) Edward and Aiko...

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage allows her eyes to roam over the room, taking in who was there, who was not. And more importantly, who had remembered their manners. There might be need of a Keeper after all.
    A nod of respect was offered to Jacque when he entered.

But who would she be social with tonight? There were quite a few Kindred worth speaking with. Her dark eyes came to rest on Conner Wells talking with another she knew some of, but not much.

Perfect.

Making her way over, Cain at her side, she smiles once she was within speaking distance, “Mr Wells, good evening, you’re looking handsome this evening. I hope you've been well.” Though why he always Blushed she may never know. Finally, eyes look to the other, her Beast snarling at the weaker Kindred, “Miss Perez is it?”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

13. Likes , liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

There was a lull in conversation as Rufus and Jackson await Connor's response.

"Good evening, Mr. Wells." Madame Perez greeted. "I have been getting some things in order. I was asked to assist in the investigation - you may be aware of it?" She gave him an inquisitive glance. "And it tumbled into some difficult situations for me. I do intent to focus some time on myself, and my duties as a maiden of the Crone."
    As the Prince greted Mr. Wells and herself, Perez performed a deep bow to the Prince.
    "Your Grace."

15. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Looking between the two other Nosferatu in front of him, Connor speaks. "I would gladly make time to socialize with you, I'm sorry that I missed the meeting with the Priscus and Madame Kingsley. I had to leave town for a short time around then." He then laughs at the comment about the sword. "Not exactly my weapon of choice, though I might try to learn to use one, should the need ever actually arise."

As they're conversing, the Whip catches Jennifer out of the corner of his eye. He turns to face her and, in doing so, notices the arrival of both Jack and Alessandra as well. He looks back toward Jackson and Rufus and with a silent, directional nod of the head begins to move toward the Prince. Once he's just outside of conversation distance he sweeps into a deep bow, held for no less than 5 beats of the human heart.

Once he rises, he moves toward Jack. The Haunt offers a bow only slightly more shallow than to the Prince, held for 4 beats of the heart.

And finally to Jennifer, he offers a deep nod which borders a bow from the shoulders.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

17. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner smothers any faction-related satisfaction from hearing about Ms. Perez's 'difficulties'. He does give her a solemn nod. "The dropping bodies? Yes, I've been drawn in as well. I'm sure Priscus Hazelton appreciates your assistance." He doesn't mention the absence of the Reeve and the last Hierophant. I wonder if Albert has been working on that? ​He's not going to give anyone an opportunity to badmouth Quinn in Court. There would be throats torn. "Have you met resistance? Hunters? Hostile Kindred?"

Conner feels the Prince approaching before he sees or hears her...and that's saying something. He mirrors Ms. Perez's bow of respect to the resident alpha predator...and her pet. "I have, your Grace. Thank you for asking." He decides to make the most of this encounter and looks down at the monstrosity tailing Prince Antinori. "I've seen this creature at your side several times before, your Grace. Was it a mundane creature or has it always looked like that?" ​He tries to show his interest as delicately as possible, knowing full well how capricious Kindred can be.

19. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread