Ended
Watch

(2208) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2208) Sanctuary) Moros Acknowledgements
Aug 13, 2022 - Aug 23, 2022
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn arrives at the Circle in a good enough mood, dressed appropriately for the weather and nursing a cold drink. He looks around and sees that he is the first this time.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

A'keira Lim
    Striking Looks (Almost Silver Screen)
    Nos

Nimbus:

The smell of gasoline and rubber fills the air. Metal and machinery rattle and feel strained and engines roar to life. Unoccupied vehicles might appear to have shadowy figures within them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A'Keira pulls up to 4051 Zinfandel Drive and looks up at the building. Oh yeah... this is the place. It looked a lot like a tourist attraction, but there weren't any tourists entering. Some kind of obfuscation in place, no doubt. The moros finds a place to park her dark green Dodge Viper and steps out, leaning on the hood of the car a moment to admire the building a second time. She whistles, then looks around for anyone else entering, or for a designated entrance she should use. After all of five seconds, A'keira shrugs and gives up, electing to take the first door she sees.

Nos enters wearing a loose grey cropped tank top and an unbuttoned, red plaid shirt over it. Her blue jeans are worn and smudged with grease, as are her hands, even if she otherwise looks to be well-put-together. Her nails are manicured and painted in red, orange, and yellow, each finger alternating a different solid color. Six out of ten fingers have a ring on them, none with gems and all thin, flat bands of either engraved silver or iron, or smooth, technicolor stone. Her dark, curly hair is kempt and drapes loosely over her shoulders. She's put on light makeup, with dark eyeliner and light pink lip gloss... all distracted from by another small smudge of oil or grease along her left cheek. Her tan work boots are worst off of all, now so dirty that they slowly seem to be shifting hue to something in between dark brown and muddy grey.

Spotting Corn, Nos immediately shifts her path from one of aimless wandering and ogling the interior to making a beeline for him. She waves - two fingers in the air, and a single, staccato twist of the wrist - and smiles.

"What's good, fam? This is the Sacramento HQ, yeah? Concilium?"

As she approaches, Corn is assaulted by a combination of floral perfume doing battle with - and losing to - the scent of gasoline and motor oil. The woman seems aware of this, as she mentions it almost as soon as the sensation hits his nostrils. "Yeah, sorry about that. Can't seem to quite get rid of it. Name's Nos," She introduces herself with a decidedly rural, southern accent. "I'd shake yer hand, but I ain't looking to get ya greasy."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn looks the newcomer, at first surprised.
    "Yeap, this is the HQ of the Pentancle orders of Sacramento. I am Corn; Mystagogue and Moros Councilor. Pleased to meet you Nos. I get that you are new here. If so, how did you find us? " he says with smile. He doesn't seem to be bothered by the smell. As of the handshake although he doesn't mention it, he wouldn't mind the grease but he doesn't know Nos. For all he knows she could be an enemy of the consilium although he hopes not. Better not establish sympathetic connections yet.
    "I am glad you did find us. The more the merrier. It has been some time since we saw a new face. Have you settled up nicely? Most of Sacramento seems to be safe for our kind. Of course, dangers may show up here and there, but so far, we're doing good. It is a good time for you to join. "

Taking a moment he said: "A crafter, I assume. Someone making her way through Sleeper life by her skills in machinery. After the others show up and shower you in questions, I would like to have a talk with you. I am trying to put together something and it would be good to have some pointers."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Did she almost say fuck it and skip the meeting?

Yes.

But, obviously, she didn’t. She had a responsibility to her Path and Order. Though she did bring something to munch on this time. Cause hell, you need snacks while the shit show takes center stage. Again. Cause you know it was going to. But at least…snacks!

Long legs carry her into the room, arms full of various boxes. Some had cookies, some had brownies and one had coffee. Seeing Corn, and…a new face…she smiles and carefully puts the boxes down.

“So taking my own advice, I brought some munchies for us. Cause I prefer a snack with a show.” Pouring herself a coffee, she fully looks to the other two, “Hi! I’m Aurora, Shaman and member of the Mysterium.” She was assuming Corn was doing his thing, talking. So she sips the coffee and finds herself a cookie. Chocolate chip to be exact. Her outfit was one befitting the warm weather, loose, sheer top with cutoffs. Could the top be a wardrobe malfunction? Yes. Did she care? No. But would it? Not this day…double sided tap for the win!

Witch
    Nimbus

The warmth of a campfire, shadows softening at their edges, the smell of woodsmoke in the air.

When vulgar, it's the heat of a pyre, the air darkening with ash, the smell of burning flesh.
    Venue
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

PRPYLF - Grim Sight

PRE

A church huh? Well, that was a statement. Or it wasn't. But the nose twitch had already happened at the sight of the large gothic building. They just weren't her thing is all. But as long as she didn't find a bunch of men in tunics inside with crosses or crowns on, it was fine.

Heading in she indeed found no men in tunics. And not a cross or crown in sight.

"Morning." A simple neutral greeting to any and or all, her raised arm of hello lifting the loose outer shirt of her outfit.

"Hope I'm not in the wrong place." A question but not really. Jeans, grease, shorts and sheer tops didn't exactly scream church-goer. And then of course there was the murmur of certain words she had heard upon entering.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo exited the Lore House at the back of the Circle of creation, casually brushing the remaining bits of sawdust off his jeans with one hand. His other hand he was carrying a huge mug of coffee. He had not seen Moira for some time and hoped she was okay, but he had pressed on with some of the renovations.

He approached the group and took a huge gulp of his coffee. "Hey everyone!"
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

A'keira Lim
    Striking Looks (Almost Silver Screen)
    Nos

Nimbus:

The smell of gasoline and rubber fills the air. Metal and machinery rattle and feel strained and engines roar to life. Unoccupied vehicles might appear to have shadowy figures within them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nos grins when Corn brings up the Moros. "Hey, Necro-bro! Same here, fam. The Moros that brought me into the fold after my untimely death told me where to find ya'll."

"Anyways, yer right on all accounts: Sacramento's pretty cool so far, and yeah, you could call me a crafter. I've got a garage set up in town already, so if you ever want work done on yer ride or even some odd jobs, I'm yer girl! Oh! I brought cards..."
    Aurora, Witch, and Apollo show up while Nos is rifling through her pockets. She pulls out a small stack of plan, off-white stock cards with an address and a phone number written on them. She hands one to Corn, then she turns to see Aurora... and the food the shaman brought.

"Oh, Aurora, girl, yer already my favorite. Trade ya!" She offers Aurora a business card while reaching out with her other hand to take a brownie. Taking a messy bite, Nos drops a few crumbs, and mouth still full exclaims, "Hell yeah, you make these? This is fire! I'm Nos, by-the-by." She turns to wave at Witch and Apollo, and offers them both cards as well, before returning to scarfing down the brownie.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

More faces come in, Aurora bringing gifts. It is good to see the Shaman take up the time honored Shaman tradition of bringing cookies. "Hello Aurora!" he said with a cheerful non-necro-bro tone. But it is not like Nos was any less cheerful. They are breaking stereotypes here. The part about the untimely death seemed intriguing, but that could wait for a necro-bro meeting. He took the cart. "Awesome. Is this a place where we could talk safely, or there are sleepers around? And what do we call you around sleepers, if I may?"
    Another new face walked in and Corn turned his attention to the newcomer. "Well, if you can find this place, then you are in the right place. The Circle has powerful enchantments that makes sleepers ignore it. Allow me to offer you an official welcome as well.
    Welcome to Sacramento! I am Corn, Moros councilor and Mystagogue. Pleased to make your acquaintance. Who are you, if we may ask?"
    Apollo showed up and received a greeting as well.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The new voice pulls her attention for a moment. Looking to the face, taking in the outfit, “Morning!” greeted the Shaman, “And it depends on what place you’re looking for. If it’s the party with cookies, brownies and coffee, then you are at the right place! Or,” she continues, “if it’s more secretive type, filled with magic and mystery, then that might be the right place too.” A small smirk and wink. “I’m Aurora.” And usually not the welcome committee, but, she was feeling friendly.

A free hand was raised, “Hey Apollo.” Always good when the only other Shaman hasn’t left town yet.

Back to the almost movie star beauty, and the card was accepted, “Great trade to me!” taking a quick glance at the card and then pocketing it. Laughing, “Me? Bake something?” shaking her head, “No no, if I baked them, I would have burnt my place down. Picked them up at a great little bakery downtown. Now you want beer made? I’m your girl. But nothing baked.” Nope, wrong Shaman.

“Hey Corn,” then looking around a bit unsure, “uh, it usually is, unless you know something I don’t?” leaving it open for him to fill her in.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread