Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A shady night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

The Shady Lady Saloon, where Corn had his mage-side bachelor party a year ago was still the same, even if many of the mages that were with him that night are no longer in Sacramento. The bar is the same as ever: reminiscent of the early 20th century, with the large red sofa surrounded by the armchairs and the side tables. It is a bit pricey but to corn's mind, well worth it.

Arriving early, Corned checked his phone to see if any of his friends or acquaintances would be willing to come.
    Aurora Zeromancer Belle Phoenyx Crystal
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo casually walked into the bar a short while after receiving Corns text. Apollo was wearing a snappy 20's style charcoal tweed suit with a pair of black and white shoes and he had clearly decided to dress up for this place, it wasn't his usual jeans and t-shirt or gym wear. So far the consilium had been spared his usual attire which involved shorts.

Apollo ordered a drink at the bar, a cocktail... A Netflix and chill to be specific. Drink in hand he approached Corn "Hey Jacob" Urgh! It's always weird not using a mages shadow name. "How are you doing?"
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn, dressed in semi-casual clothes, dark gray trousers and a brown shirt, took a double-take of Apollo 's attire.
    "Aaron!" He said impressed. "You look as you belong here. Are you a patron of this place? It's only the second time I've come here." Corn was nursing a dark beer.
    "Welcome, have a seat. I am doing fine. Things with the wife go well, and the rest of my friends and family are doing about as good as one could expect. We have our ups and downs but nothing special. How are you? "

There are no noticeable magic effects coming from Corn at this point.

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer walked in dressed in blue jeans and a Ghost band tee. He looked around the place, seeing that it was his first time here. He saw Corn first then Apollo , who he was surprised to see in a social setting. He was glad though, he was always willing to get to know hi fellow mages more.

"Hey guys, how is it going with you two tonight?"
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo smiled at Corn and Zero "I am good thanks, just about settled in." he took a seat and took a sip of his drink. "Oh my god this is amazing." he took another sip. "Jacob had just asked if I was a regular here. The answer is no, I just happened to have had this outfit from a roaring 20's party my book club in New York once threw. I decided it was a perfect opportunity to crack it out and I always liked that it looked good on." he paused "How about you?"
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"Well, this is the place Chris, the blond guy dressing in Christian Dior, chose for me when he organized my Bachelor Party last year. Madison and Alice were there too. I found that I liked it but with this and that I didn't have time to come over. You see, this is a place that I would come with the book-club members, like you, Hector, Chris, Maddison etc and not with my other friends and relatives. I have very fond memories from that night.
    And while some people may say that if you remember the night of your bachelor party then it wasn't a real one, I still liked it. My brother organized a different bachelor party for me, a more 'traditional' one, with friends and relatives that are not in the book club. I liked it too, but this place impressed me more.

Hector, did you come here in the past?
    " He said to Zeromancer . "Any idea if the girls will show up? Not that the company of you two is not enough, of course, but the more the merrier."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

At first, after receiving the text, she dismissed it. Having a lot on her mind and trying to figure which way she should go.

But the more she thought about, the more she just wanted to get out. Especially out of her own mind.

So fuck it! A new outfit was picked, all black cause that’s how she felt. Blonde hair pulled up into a stylish low messy bun.

Walking in, she gets her share of looks, but doesn’t seem to notice. Eyes scan the room before falling on the guys. No Phoenyx or Belle yet, but that was ok. She could hang with the guys as easily as the girls.

A quick wave as she walks over, “Hey guys!” a bright smile, flagging down a waiter and ordering a Chrysanthemum and taking a seat. “Hope I haven’t missed anything good!”

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zero responded to both Apollo and Corn at once. "I have actually never been here before. Even though I have been here a few months, I am still fairly new to the city." Zero saw Aurora heading there way "Hey Madison, come have a seat. We don't bite, well at least I do not without consent!" Zero said with a smile.
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

9. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling, “Don’t mind if I do!” taking a seat and thanking the waiter what her drink arrived, a sip taken, “Good to know, I’ll keep that in mind.” She tosses back with a laugh. “So how’s everyone doing? Can’t remember ever coming here, so nice find!”

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn raised an eyebrow with a smirk when Aurora mentioned she hasn't come here in the past.
    "Oh, you wound me Madison!" He said. "I would remind you that this is where I had my bachelor party a year ago. You were here with Chris, Alice, Mordenchai and ... " he struggled to remember Guru's sleeper persona, "the fellow with the colorful robes that used to bring baked goods in the bookclub. The Chemist. I forget his name. Let's order fries too." Fries were always a win with Madison. "What do you think lads?" he said to Hector and Apollo .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread