Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Confidants Baker's Rendezvous

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al shrugged as he couldn't say, though he hoped it were just the assailants and not Hamleighs.

"That exceeds my knowledge. Yet as far as I know someone burned down the haven of Mr. Jake and his companions and I think it'd make sense they'd come here to finish it. That is, if we're lucky. If we aren't, it's the Harpies and their brother..."

He looked confused as if the practice of referring to single persons with plural pronouns was something that had never occurred to make sense for him. After a bit the confusion disappeared and he took notes.

"Alright. Islamorada. Thank you."

Sighing he closed the notepad and put it back on the table. The matter was becoming more and more difficult.

"I'll try to help as much as I can, though we'll have to be careful... In case you don't know, I regret to inform you that Mrs. McIntyre is here as well, so we need to be careful."

The question about Jake was unexpected and his expressionwhile speaking showed, that he didn't think her showing up there would be a good idea.

"He'll be at the Nox, but I'm not sure going there would be a good idea in these circumstances..."

He thought for a while before continuing.

"Don't worry about it. I'll take care of that boon."

Jennifer Hazelton

Her eyes widen as she appeared shocked.
    "I hadn't known about the haven being burned down. Do we know if this is tied to us?"
    "Madame Mcintyre is who I am worried about. She's smart and very social in our Domain. Its possible she is aligning allies with her goals already. I am glad that you can take care of the boon, although I am sorry for the circumstances.

What is the plan?"

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al shrugged as he didn't have first-hand knowledge but only approximations.

"We don't but at this point I suspect it is even though I only have second-hand knowledge."

On the point of him taking the boon he smiled as if to say that he at least owed her and Sam that.

"No need to be sorry, that's the least I can do."

Then Ruby asked about the plan, which was a bit of a rough one, but it'd have to do.

"The plan is to get all the facts we can from all the parties we can, including you and Mrs. McIntyre. Second stage is to align these facts and work out a strategy that might convince Mrs. McIntyre you and Sam are not behind the assault on Camp. Should things are as I suspect and they are cominghere we'd need to secure and question both Camp and his assailants as well. That's about the plan we have for now."

Jennifer Hazelton

The Kindred nods slightly and seems to think for a few moments.
    "I have told you what I have witnessed. Is your next plan to speak to Madame McIntyre? I can tell you now, she won't like being addressed as 'Mrs'. She is Invictus.

How are you going to conceal my whereabouts from Madame McIntyre?
    Do you know why they would be coming here?"

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded in regard to the question. Mrs. McIntyre would have to be spoken to, though he planned not to be the one doing it.

"That needs to be done at some point, yes. Though as we have a team on that, I do hope someone else might do it, as we do have a member of the Invictus at hand."

As the topic came to how to conceal this place from Mrs. McIntyre he shrugged, as in his mind they had Mr. Quartermain for that whole area.

"Mostly by not speaking about it, having someone else talk to her and should I be the one having to interview her, hope she doesn't know you know me. Lot of moving parts, but at the moment that's the plan."

"I don't. I plan on asking, but at the moment that exceeds my knowledge."

Jennifer Hazelton

There were a few moments of silence as she contemplates the new information. Slowly, she nods. "Then I will wish you luck. A team sounds promising."

A slight tilt of the head as she continues. "I do not see how she would know our connection. I have never spoken of it outside of a haven.
    As far as I know, there would be no reason to chase here. It is why I am here in the first place."

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al accepted the wish witha small smile

"Thank you, I might need some."

Smiling delightedly he nodded.

"That is good. I thank you for your help."

Rising he put both the notepad and the pen back into his pocket.

"I think you have answered my questions. Stay safe. I'll get back to you,when we have results."

Jennifer Hazelton

The newcomer to Sacramento nodded and walked Albert to the door. The door was securely locked as he exited to the street.
    Albert Baker please give me a Perception roll.
    Do describe how you move to Albert's next location here and give me a Wits + Stealth roll

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al exited the building and jogged down the street, keeping an eye out for people following or shadowing him. It might not seem necessary, but it was better than not doing it under those circumstances.
    2 successes
    At the next smaller alley he took a different path away from the bigger streets, not jogging anymore but trying to move steathily from cover to cover until he reached the main street just a bit away from the Nox Populi.

3 successes

Jennifer Hazelton

Albert moves away from the haven. The haven that was important not to attract attention to. As he moved towards the main street near Nox Populi, he notes a man in a brown suit look over at Albert, apparently looking him over.

1 success

failure

Time for a new scene. Likely should reconnect with Helen or reach out to contacts. Go ahead and make a new scene with confidants in the title when you are ready to proceed

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread