Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Acknowledging a return

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Continued from (2207) Eternal Court...

The Lord broke off from his conversations to entertain the request.

"I trust your travel was quite well then," the Lord commented. "It is rare that a tiger changes its stripes." The Lord was vague, but clearly the skepticism was present in the Lord's comment. Before him stood a man that had chose silence and breaking a covenant over the truth.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Continued from (2207) Eternal Court...

"Rare enough that I can't say I've had occasion to witness it." Edward carefully met Jacque's eyes. If this was how he wished to conduct the interview, Edward would not object. "Unless the Seneschal considers being shown a matter in a new light synonymous with tiger's stripes changing."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Of course," he replied as he met Edward's gaze. If Edward wanted to present the matter, the Lord was all ears.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

With permission for a long-winded answer implicitly given, Edward pressed on.
    "However arational we may be, it is to my belief there is an internal consistency to us all, a nature that is seldom changed. The ideas, places, and people we value may all change with our nature perfectly intact. My own chief value, as far as my own flawed self-reflections carry me, is courtesy. During my previous tenure in Sacremento, I was fortunate enough to have a light cast upon my process for dividing the courtesy from the discourtesy and fortunate enough to have a flaw in this process revealed to me."

"The revelation is what prompted my departure. Reflecting on my previous judgements, and the mistakes therein, reached farther back into my unlife than I would enjoy admitting. My attempt to rectify those of the early wrongs which yet stood a chance of remediation has concluded."

"Thus, I ask for Acknowledgement, so that I may first continue that process in Sacramento, and then, depending on my success or lack thereof, to build my unlife."

5. Likes , liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord listened carefully. There were many words, but the content intrigued him the most. Speaking of shortcomings, mistakes and flaws in such a public venue had a rare and raw quality. It could leave a Kindred vulnerable or at least make them seem so.

Still, as much as the Lord had wanted to dispel any subterfuge, he had made certain promises and the status quo really didn't bother him. "Quite the journey," he remarked. "Your continuation of the process as you put it..." he trailed off in thought, "Are you seeking to rectify the fallout from prior decisions, or are you still deciding which stripes will remain?"

Blood Hunt:

7. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

As Jacque trailed off, Edward waited with a small and embarrassed smile. He thought for a moment on the Seneschals question, beforing giving a partial answered designed to buy time: "I should suppose both, Seneschal; please allow me a moment to consider."
    And consider he did, some seconds, no more than ten, passed.
    "The eternal quest for the latter has brought me to the former. I shall aim to make my apologies in word and in boon, and then begin the true road of recification." No apology would undo the reputational damage accrued, Edward knew that.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord nodded. Some might scoff that the answer wasn't instinctual, but it was a response to carefully consider.

"Fair enough, Mister Heinrich." The Lord responded in earnest. It wouldn't likely be an easy road, but he did state his intentions well. "I'm sure you recall from your prior acknowledgement the verbal commitment?" He allowed for a moment's pause, "To swear loyalty to Prince Alessandra Antinori, to the officers of her court and to abide by the Prince's laws as set forth by her hand?"

Slender fingers worked under his vest to produce a folded piece of parchment, identical to one each Priscus tends to carry to facilitate acknowledgement. The one that has the Laws of the Domain written upon it. He lifted the square outwards, offering it to Edward. "Should you need the reminder..."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"I do," Edward assured, "and so I reaffirm my word, and swear loyalty to Prince Alessandra Antinori and the appointed officers of her court, and further I do swear to abide by her laws as set forth by her hand." It was a small joy to say this, as it proved a little more to himself that he had grown more flexible. A few present at Court tonight would remember how Edward resisted swearing a smiliar oath twice.

"I am not above a reminder, and shall ensure I have the words committed to memory." Edward accepted the slip, and waited to see if Jacque had anything else to add. It was late enough that Edward was content to let this be their interaction and retire for the night.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Very well Mister Heinrich," The Lord was satisfied with the responses and the insights. "I hereby temporarily acknowledge you for a period of 4 months. At the end of the term you will have signed your name to that aforementioned commitment, or left Sacramento to never return." The terms were delivered with neutrality almost blurring to indifference. Jack appreciated the presence of the Daeva, but wanted that singular matter resolved before it could fester any further within the Domain.

"Please contact me if you have any questions or need to discuss anything in more detail." With that, the Lord made his last few salutations before departing for the evening.

Leaving this up in case you wanted to add any responses since we're at month's end. Great scene and welcome back!

Blood Hunt:

12. Likes White liked this post
Closed Thread