DISPLAYED
BaF - Party Crashers Inc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

The provided address leads into a pretty nondescript house and down to the foot of the stairs to a door just short of what looks like the boiler room door... As the door opens, a feint smell creeps up on the visitors, like a mixture of fresh bread, incense and something thats hard to pin down, really.

"Welcome ! Leave your shoes at the door, please."

Helen has chosen a dark red t-shirt tonight, together with jeans and dark grey socks.

Indeed there's already a pair of trainers and a pair of military boots at the wall on the right side of the door and a three hooks for jackets and the like, currently unoccupied. The room is dominated by the table that has been moved into the middle with six mismatched chairs around it. Some kitchen towels have been used to cover up the hotplate section in a small niche near the sink. The cupboard at the wall looks like it has been moved to make more space for the table. The water heater next to the microwave and the coffee machine is switched on and provides some ambiance bubbling sounds. Different paraphernalia are visible among other knick-knacks in some of the shelves. A Seattle Seahawks scarf and the matching cap. Two balls of wool. Some unidentified thin booklets. A stack of music tapes and some CDs. A radio. Some bags and boxes.

A small red light hangs from the ceiling in the corner opposite the curtained door and illuminates a small table that has three books and a dented and scraped coffee tin on it as well as two little glass bottles and something that looks like a small pot on a little pedestal and is plugged into a wall socket. Four pictures interrupt the pattern of the stripes wallpaper and look at the newcomers from their place above that table.

511px-SoftenerofHearts.jpeg 220px-St_Olga_by_Nesterov_in_1892.jpg GS.jpg Panteleimon.jpg

The table has six cups set at the middle along with a wild mixture of tea bags in a tin box, a small bowl of cookies, a small pile of writing paper and another cup holding pens. Theres also an ashtray. Helen's notepad and some pens rest in front of the chair facing the door, as do some papers people might recognize as the reports they got among other things.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Blush, Imbibe)Vitae 2 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Before arriving, Jennifer sits while Liam carefully applies SFX make up over one side of her neck. A flesh-colored scarf is closely wrapped over the area.
    2 successes

Jennifer ensures to hide the holster and the gift from the Duchess with the gift of obfuscate. Everything would likely be fine and she wouldn't need it. Yet if something happened and they needed to respond to the situation, she did not want to waste valuable time procuring her self-defense items.
    Jennifer arrives at the address driven by Liam in a Mercedes AMG ML 55. The car is parked in a driveway if available, or nearby if not. Jennifer was wearing her small black leather backpack. Jennifer was dressed casually in a black turtleneck, a large knit grey cowl, grey athletic pants and running shoes. Liam stands behind her, carrying a fabric wine bag.

Dark eyes glance about the area, looking to see if the two Kindred were alone.

Outfit link

Equipment
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Wallflower)
    Aiko Hamura

5' 3", dark eyes, black hair. Dresses in a suit and tie, trench coat, and fedora. Has an all-but-permanent lifeless look about her face.

PRE

Aiko arrives wearing a new suit... well, new for her. The charcoal grey coat is a little ragged, with a couple of threads hanging off the cuffs and buttons. Like the coat, the mint green shirt underneath is baggy around the arms and torso. A striped green tie hangs from her neck, tied in an impeccable eldredge knot if one discounts that it rests about an inch below her collar. As always, a black and white pinstripe fedora sits on Aiko's head, which she takes off before stepping in the doorway. After taking off her well-worn, scuffed shoes as asked, a reason for Aiko's perpetual inability to find clothes that fit may present itself, as she hangs up her jacket and reveals a long, thick length of chain wrapped around her arm which she dislodges with a flick of the wrist. Aiko looks around for a moment, thinking about where to deposit the weapon, before ultimately deciding to leave it in a neat coil on the floor next the her shoes.

Stepping in past the entryway, Aiko grins and says, "Swell place, Ms. Kingsley," as soaks in the surroundings, her dark eyes slowly wandering across the room. Six mismatched chairs around a table in a re-organized room... Five guests... no, six, she has pen and paper by the door for herself... The sport paraphernalia acting as homey decoration... A former hometown, or perhaps a childhood?.. Two balls of wool... Knitting hobby, perhaps Helen made the hat and scarf... It doesn't take long for Aiko's gaze to fall on Jennifer, upon which Aiko turns to face the Priscus and bows deeply.

"Priscus Hazelton, what a pleasant surprise. I hope you aren't being kept waiting on my account."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

(Blush !)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Jennifer and Liam. Hm, that complicates things, really, but they'll just have to improvise. At least to Jennifers eyes and ears, it seems like there's no one hanging around the corners or moving around nearby.

"Evening, you're the first so far. Your friend also coming ? MIght get a little crowded, but I think we can manage. Just grab a seat."

She steps out of the door to make way for the new arrivals. Perhaps something more personal would've been nicer, but hey, can't be careful enough, even if its a pretty uninteresting corner of the house.

"Thanks. I do what I can with the things I got." she remarks on Aikos comment. Helen retreats a little into thetable area to leave folks enough space to put down/away their stuff for the time being.

Also blush bookkeeping because first post in thread doesn't let me and I didn#t want to make a pure bookkeeping post !

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Helen, thank you for having me. Madame Hamura." Jennifer greets with a slight nod. "Hello. I do hope that you are settling in."

Jennifer listened to Helen's words for a moment and took a second look at the table.
    "No, he doesn't have to come. Liam, can you go out and stand guard. Make a moving patrol around this haven so you do not appear to be stalking three women."

Jennifer stated to her ghoul as she removed her shoes. Jennifer speaks to her ghoul with some politeness. She followed him to the door and deposited her shoes at the appropriate place. She took the wine bag from Liam. Liam gave a nod and headed out into the night.

"Habit to bring him along. I did not think to ask." Jennifer replied to Helen as she returns to the table.
    "Helen, I brought this." Jennifer offered the wine bag which contained an expensive white wine.
    Jennifer chooses a place to the right of the head of the table, indicating with a look to Helen that she left the chair for her. Although it was very possible that the Carthian was unconcerned with table politics.

question on the table
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Conner's no stranger to finding places that aren't normally meant to be found. He himself lives in one. So he finds himself descending the steps to Helen's meeting place dressed in his long jacket, comfortable street clothes, and a blade cloaked in shadow.
    2 successes

The Shadow gives a short bow to Priscus Hazelton, and nods to Aiko and Helen. "Greetings everyone." As Liam brushes past him, Conner can't help but feel a chill at the ghoul's unfeeling devoted pace. A worthwhile, if not terrifying asset. "My apologies for any delay. I've been making sure Mr. Jacobs has a secure place in the Domain pending this investigations' closing." He doesn't want to take any chances of Mr. Jacobs becoming a further liability. Or a target.

Equipment

BP 7/8
    WP 5/5
    HP 7/7
    Def 2
    Armor 2 (melee)

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

It took Al a while to get to the address where the meeting was supposed to be. As he was expecting one of the 'alright, planning is over, get moving' acts that happened to be quite popular in the Army, he had dressed for the occasion and exchanged even his briefcase with a messenger bag to hold his writing equipment and the folder. Apart from that he was dressed in dress trousers, a pullover and a knit cap all in a matching shade of khaki and a pair of ammunition boots without hobnails.

Upon entering the room he took note of the interior, especially the icons while taking off both the cap and the boots. Once done with that he walked slowly over to the table, greeting those already there with nods and a slight bow for Jennifer.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen."

Then he took a seat and began getting ready for the planning, putting a notepad, a pencil case and the envelope on the table. As far as he was concerned the meeting could begin.

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

The soldier entered quietly, dressed in a sharp black suit that covered the armored vest under it and a long overcoat which held the concealed harness for the cut off shotgun. He'd read Helen's briefing and, unlike the other cases plaguing the Domain, this one seemed blessedly simple - most of the leg work had been resolved and it was now the time for where his skilled suited best. Some niggling bit of his ego pricked at being "just" a triggerman, but at the same time he could wrestle that idea back down into the logic that it would be months, if not years, until his mastery over the city allowed him to fully immerse himself in her magics and gain the kind of information he might otherwise use.

So for now, he was a soldier - it was a comfortable role that he'd played many a time, and from the letter he'd gotten from Helen, it was more than time enough for this problem to be put down.

He shook his head from his musing, nodding his greeting to the others in the room, though a faint quick of an eyebrow met Aiko's gaze, given that he'd only overheard her presence and not yet been introduced.

"Lady Notary," he intoned formally to Jennifer, before nodding to Helen, Conner, and Baker. "Gentlemen."

Equipment in scene: Kevlar Vest, sawed off shotgun

Presence
    (Wallflower)
    Aiko Hamura

5' 3", dark eyes, black hair. Dresses in a suit and tie, trench coat, and fedora. Has an all-but-permanent lifeless look about her face.

PRE

"Hello. I do hope that you are settling in."

"Wonderfully, yes," Aiko replied, ending her bow. She watches the Priscus take a seat near the head (or foot, depending on perspective) of the table, and the ever-curious detective does wonder if Jennifer is making a conscious concession to Helen for arranging this party of kindred, or does not take the head for some other reason... the Prince surely isn't coming, is she? There couldn't be a chance...

Wells and the Doctor arrive, two familiar faces from Aiko's first night in Sacramento. She nods to both briefly, unconcerned with whether they returned the gesture or even noticed that she gave it. The both of them - particularly Baker - seem eager to begin, and Hamura isn't far off in her own intentions. The third arrival, however, Aiko has only seen in passing as of yet. The fact that he didn't even acknowledge her presence yet implies Invictus... he is waiting for an introduction. A difficult proposal, considering how low Aiko's status is and the mismatch of covenants present at this meeting. Yes, she could wait for Helen to do the honors... but Helen clearly disliked the Invictus need for rigorous codes of conduct. Since Ms. Kingsley was the host of this event, surely a minor breach of conduct could be overlooked if made in the interest of expedience?

Aiko presses her hat to her heart and bows slightly before Quartermain. "I do not believe I've had the pleasure of making your esteemed acquaintance. Madame Aiko Hamura, at your service."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Table things !

"Oh, thank you."

Helen shortly inspects the gift and sets it aside for maybe later. Perhaps she might have done a little different if she knew more of wines, but as that's not the case, she doesn't.

"Mr Wells, Dr Baker." she greets the new arrivals. "Mr. Quartermain. Welcome, take a seat."

As Bobby greets the people inside, her eyes narrow. Knowing what she knows about mixing and matching formality as well as about the guy talking ? This is rich, especially in one of the very few places where she's not willing to ignore stuff like that.

1 success

"When we're done here, we'll have a word in private, Mr Quartermain."

Helen stays conversational, yet her poise and tone make clear that this is a statement of fact and very much not a request. Real pain in the ass to stay professional at times like this ! She sits down and waits until the Invictus folks burn off their superfluous etiquette bullshit fireworks for everybody to witness how graceful and cultured they are. Among each other. Yes, maybe her mood may have suffered a little.

"First of all, I'd like to dispense with formalities in here, not just in case someone crashes the party but also because it saves time and nerve." She looks at the people assembled. "Anyone not okay with that ?" Then, she continues. "We all have studied the basics and should be more or less on the same page. Main target is putting a stop to blood graffitis and bloodless mutilated corpses. While we have Jacobs, it doesn't mean the whole mess won't start again in a few months or so. That means the main target is capturing both Cyrus Corvinus", she still has to focus to keep her face straight at how silly that name is for her, "as well as his leaflet guy, who are the two confirmed fangers in this. We'll also have to see if we can find signs they have some sort of support network or if there are others involved.

By the way, water's ready, so anyone want some, it's over there."
    She indicates the water heater on the counter. "We have rough intel about who these guys are and where their base of operations is. As per mission statement, we're going to strike that base of operations. Question is what we can still do to prepare for that strike beforehand ? I've already started to talk with people about having the place put under surveillance so we can get an idea what it looks like, maybe where the entrances and exits are and we don't have to stumble in blind. As there's at least one Nosferatu aboard the whole thing, I've also seen fit to include what amounts to all Mekhet because I don't know what the guy can do, but I know I can only catch folks I can see.

Going by that and the information all of us already have, I wanted to work with that and ask for your input on the stuff. What you think, what you can do, what you think we should do. Stuffs like that."

And with that, she opens the floor.

As your folks seat themselves around the table, please have a short look at 'table thing !' and indicate with your first post the number of the seat your character occupies.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread