Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Vanishing Plot Chapter 1: Shockwaves

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Any Kindred can react to news of the earthquake in their scenes. This scene is for Alessandra, Helen and Connor only
    I imagine one could have been in Elysium or nearby when the event occurs, so your character can write in how they come together. Sections prefaced with a name (Alessandra, Connor) are only known to those characters unless they share it.
    Alessandra Helen Kingsley John Connor OBrien Drakken

A deep rumbling began to shake the streets of east Sacramento. Those who resided in California recognized the signs and several began to react to reduce the impact. Yet as the earthquake intensified, questions could be raised. Sacramento was farther from the San Andreas fault. How was this earthquake so intense? News reports begin to come in of a failure of structural supports in Folsom, trapping some residents in their homes. Some other reports from around the city report similar occurrences.
    Alessandra and Connor hear from their allies in Emergency Services that the residents of Folsom are going to be out sometime tonight. Yet there is a worried tinge that there is an ambulance missing. The ambulance responded to a more rural area of Citrus Heights.
    Alessandra’s criminal network is concerned about a strange group spotted by Ishan Wang Fujiyama. Fujiyama reported that he saw two men with bald heads and strange tattoos upend a car in Citrus Heights. He investigated screams near the car and found two people who were bleeding and claimed a group of leather clad, tattooed people had attacked them. As he assisted the wounded away, he saw a striking woman fitting Archon Twist’s description moving through the area. There was a quick moving fight that he could not get a good look at, but gave him a bad feeling in his stomach. A feeling that someone was going to die in this fight.

This was across the street from Rocky’s bar, an address that Alessandra is able to obtain.
    Fujiyama claims he has no idea how he ran from where he was to several blocks away with such abandon that he ran out of one of his shoes. Fujiyama remains frightened, which concerns local gangs as the news begins to travel.

It is 8:30 PM and sirens sound through the air. Helicopters can be heard moving throughout the city, some appear to be med flights.

What do you do?

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

As the waves of the earthquake subsided, Connor's phone was already buzzing in his pocket. He stepped outside the doors at Nox to take the call, only to hear the sirens and helicopters already on the way to do their work. A busy night was ahead of everyone, he could feel it.

Normally a missing ambulance wouldn't concern him, but with the reports he'd overheard from Jennifer of a poacher in the area, the gears in the Haunt's head were turning. This is a way, he thought, to kill two birds with one stone. He made his way back inside to the Elysia proper to seek out a court official. He needed someone to know of his plan to check it out, just in case he didn't make it back. Emerald eyes scanned the crowed in search of anyone with an official title.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

There are some things Helen has on her mind when it comes to the topic of Sacramento. Earthquakes have not been among those things really. Up to now, that is. Sirens, helicopters flying somewhere overhead, and the radio already listing the mounting damages as they become apparent. It sorta makes her think back to fucking Kabul. Only over there, she got to jump straight to the aftermath and didn't have to sit out the actual thing. Not that it matters. Seeing and hearing what's already on the road or in the air, she doesn't need to draw too many comparisons. It's going to be a veritable shitshow either way ! She continues on to Nox and evades some obstactly that have been newly added to the route to Nox. Nope, good thing she doesn't have to squeeze through the streets with a car, it actually might take longer than walking.

Only thing that's annoying about the venue ? Not too many parking spots... She hides the bicycle in a side alley and enters Nox, checking her bag in at the wardrobe, she enters and has a look around to see if there's anything going on. That stuff might have hit some critical fanger infrastructure as well, after all...

Not much going on, only person she recognizes at once is O'Brien. As usual, she's not really dressed Elysium-y when there's no court in the place. Jeans, trainers, bright blue t-shirt.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

To say that her cell had been ringing all night would be an understatement. Contacts everywhere calling in, alerting her to what was going on. Who was seen…where the location was. Lots of intel to shift through, lots going on. Clients and men working for her were upset and nervous. Which makes her nervous, what the hell had the quake shaken up?!

Did she have to head out there? No. She had men out there that could handle things and funnel important information to her. But she wanted to go. What was Twist doing?! If it was Twist. Too many questions, not enough answers.

A pair of sturdy black jeans was changed into as she spoke quickly to Gabriel to get various things. Boots were steel toed and allowed movement, hip pack was filled with preloaded clips(2) for her guns. She knew they were pretty useless against Kindred, but the guns set her mood. The .357’s(2) were checked and then secured in the holster that goes over a black tank top. One doesn’t dress to impress when possibility going into battle. A large bowie knife was tucked into the sheath on the same leg.

And it had been some time since she had had to fight. Her fingertips itched with excitement, the Claws begging to come out and rend some poor soul’s flesh. Looking at her inked hands, these were truly all the weapons she needed. But some habits die hard.

Muttering in rapid fire Italian to her Ghoul, he follows her out of her office, nodding and taking notes. Calls he would need to make for her while she was out there. There was panic and she needed her Ghoul to make the calls to try and sooth things over. At least while she was out there figuring out just what the fuck was going on.

The nameless masses making her Beast snarl in her head.

Keep the Domain safe…keep her enterprise running smoothly. That done, her Ghoul hands her a jacket, black like the rest of her clothes. As she grabs the jacket, she see’s Connor, a bit surprised by his presence, and nods. Spotting Helen, the same nod offered, did they have some intel on what was going on? Or just scared and wanted a familiar place?

"Did either of you need something?" she asks, sliding the jacket on, which helped conceal the guns. Not that she needed to, she had a permit for them. But, Domain first and shit like that, looking to the two.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor, having already been at Elysium, was dressed in his usual suit and tie; an annoying inconvenience, but not one that he would fuss about.

The presence of a new, much stronger beast caught the haunt's attention. If he was looking for an official, this would be his best bet. His thought process was correct, it would seem, as Alessandra came in to view. He was barely able to get his usual bow finished before the Prince asked her question.

"I've gotten a call about a missing ambulance in Folsum, around Citrus Heights. Last I'd heard, we had a poacher around so I figured I would go check it out. However, I wanted someone to know my plans, just in case they didn't work out in my favor." The Prince seemed to be all business, so that was what she got. He wanted to get on the road as soon as possible, and mincing words wouldn't get him there.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Well, what do you know ? Sometimes when stuff goes wrong, you just might find yourself with the big bosses. Helen bows, as her current sort of dress isn 't really good for curtsies. Probably also would look really weird... But then, seeing how the Prince has decided to go kit herself out, amybe somethings fishy after all ?

"Nothing in particular, just wanted to see if the place is still standing and anything is needed before heading out to check how bad things really are out there."

Not the safest thing to do with a lot of the things that can happen, but then, what really is ?

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A quick nod, “I was alerted to that. My men are concerned with some unusual activity in Citrus Heights, and for them to be unnerved, it can’t be good.” Reaching into a pocket, she pulls out a hair tie and begins to pull her hair back into a ponytail. You don’t go into a fight with long hair down. “Plus there has been a sighting I have to look into.” Usually she’d send other men or Kindred into Citrus Heights, but this was required a personal touch.

Looking to Helen, “Still standing, the structure and foundation of Elysia is strong.” Least from what she’d gathered.

“Well, I’m heading into Citrus Heights, you are both welcome to join me if you want.” Looking them both over, “Ready to go? Or are weapons needed?” she didn’t have a lot of spare weapons, but had a gun or two. “From what my intelligence and network has told me, it’s a mess there and we may run into some resistance.” In other words, if either wanted to tuck tail, now was the time.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor nodded at the Prince's offer to accompany her. "Just need to get my items from the coat check and I'll be right as rain." A look to Helen to ser where she stood was his final action before striding toward the coat check to retrieve his weapon.

"Are we carpooling or finding our own way there, Your Grace?" He asked as the clerk was returning his knife. The nights were short now, and the Haunt didnt want to waste any of the precious time they had with idle chatter. Once the knife was handed back, Connor slid it into the small sheath on his belt and waited by the stairs so he wouldn't be in violation of any laws.

Equipment
    The Vanishing:

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Good thing, that." Who knows what people might dig up in a place like this. Proverbial skeletons might not be the worst of the bunch... So Citrus Heights it is, eh ? Not really a place she's been often, really. Sounds like there's going to be a little adventure trip, then ! "I got my things packed for a trip outside anyways, so I should have the most important stuff. Depending on how far Citrus Heights is away and on the time, it's probably great in someone'd give me a lift."

She retrieves the bag she's brought from the wardrobe and rummages around in it a little to put a few things back on her person once she's at the stairs. Telescopic baton, a small foldable pocket knife, a shoulder holster rig and lat but not least, the corresponding pistol and a light jacket to at least conceal the thing from sight somewhat. While she'd be happier not to take the iron along, she remembers too well what happened the last time she brought fists to a gunfight...

"Ain't something's always a mess somewhere ?"

Equipment: Mobile phone (x2), .357 with 14 reloads, wallet with 50 $, pocket knife, telescopic baton, chapstick, lighter, pack of smokes, notepad, pencil, EMT first Aid Kit, MagLite

WG.jpg

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Things were always easier when others came prepared.

“We’ll take my car. My men have given me a location where we will start.” Which was as good of a place as any. “I have intel that there is some fighting going on, so be ready for that, as I don’t know if it’s resolved itself yet.” It didn’t sound like it had. “I can provide more information when we’re in the car.” She didn’t want to waste time standing around talking.

“Then you’ll ride with us.” Assuming that Connor was going to take the ride offered by Ale. The Savage heads out the back and approaches the 1970 Torino and unlocks it.

“Lets go.” Sliding in and starting the car, which purred to life. When the others were in, the car was moving toward Citrus Heights. “So my men on the ground tell me there is strange men with bald heads and tattoos upending cars and causing a bunch of bullshit. This is the area where Archon Twist was spotted, why she is there, I’m not sure yet.” She was being as up front as she could. “But my men frightened, which isn’t good, not much rattles these guys.” This was going to be one hell of a mess to clean up.

“The usual rules apply; we don’t want a Breach.” The way she said it left the convo open for discussion, thoughts and concerns.

2 .357 Desert Eagle guns, 2(9 round size) preloaded clips, each gun loaded 9 rounds, steel toed boots, bowie knife, cell on silent

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread