Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
(2207) Speakers' Sidethread

Jul 1, 2022 : (2207) Consilium
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Once Aurora downvoted, Puck could tell that Corn was somewhat disappointed but not surprised. He didn't comment on her vote.
    When Puck himself spoke, the Acanthus could tell that Corn was annoyed - and it had less to do with the message but more with the messenger. He didn't like Puck, so if someone else said the exact same thing, Corn would be less negative about. His eyes went to Aurora that had suggested he doesn't get himself in an argument with Puck again but from what Puck can see, Corn didn't like that he left those accusations linger.
    Once Puck finished he turned to Apollo , mostly ignoring Puck.
    "Magus Apollo, is it true that my answer has not addressed your concerns? I have mentioned my intentions on the nominations when I made the suggestion - namely, I think we need another sentinel and a herald and those are the people I think best for the job. " It is not that they had a large pool of candidates after all and those were the two he knew best from the people that were not councilors.
    He nodded when Zeromancer spoke...

And then Crystal brought the third and final "no" vote. Corn left a sigh. Puck could tell he was again disappointed but not very surprised. All in all, Corn wasn't confident there would be three votes but decided there was no harm to try, thinking that either Aurora or Crystal would vote favorably although not certain for either.
    Phoenyx 's interest in the encounter with the ancient ghost was of interest to Corn, and Puck could tell. Not enough to make the Moros forget the issue he brought up but still a good development.

Once Phoenyx finished speaking and made her observation, Corn looked at her blinking in surprise.
    She says we don't need more sentinels and then suggest something that would be a sentinel's duty... Corn thought. But no need to cry over spilled milk.
    "The Moros councilor votes in favor of the Obrimos Councilor's suggestion." Corn said.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A slight shrug, “I would think Winter would be the one to ask. What happens in another Order’s meeting is not really anyone else’s concern.” And without Winter here, which, concerning, it was best dropped in her opinion.

She had nothing to add to what Zero said. Having not worked with him, she couldn’t say much on his abilities. And as such, she couldn’t vote for him.

Crystal had some wise words, and she nodded.

Eyes look from Phoenyx to Apollo and back. If this stayed civil, she’d be impressed.

Another nod, “I agree, should such a punishment be issued again, having the Council appoint someone to oversee it is wise. Especially if you or Winter are not available.” Or the ones being punished. But that wasn’t said out loud, Phoenyx might still be upset about it.

Would this be a meeting without yelling insults and tantrums?

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo raised an eyebrow "Councillor Corn, it is correct that you did not answer my concerns." He paused "However, at this point you are unable to alleviate those concerns due to the answer you did give." Apollo paused for a couple of seconds whilst he chose his words carefully. "My intent is to not cause offence, my intent is to question and scrutinise in order to ensure that officials of the Consilium remain impartial and do what is best for this consilium and to help avoid a dangerous status quo where personal interests can come into play. So I mean no offence when I say this..."

The answer you gave created a major inconsistency." He paused "In your opening statement you stated... I bring up this example because when a dangerous apostate - possibly a banisher - interfered in Mysterium business... You then state that your reason is not because of a possible banisher interfering in Mysterium business but due to an Ancient Ghost." Another pause.

"I am sure you can see how your statements are inconsistent which causes me to doubt your credibility." He paused and let that statement sink in. In a court of law any Lawyer would have done exactly the same. "Therefore, at this time you are unable alleviate my concerns."

"Now I appreciate the council has voted the issue down which means it there is very little value or weight in debating this issue any further. I appreciate you probably want to respond and I would say its probably best that we put a pin in this and let the council continue with the meeting and should you wish to discuss this matter further the two of us can arrange a time and location to discuss it. None of us want another shit show like the last meeting. With that said, I beg your pardon councillors I wont respond to the matter any further and will let you get on with the meeting."

Apollo sat back in his chair, he had nothing else to add.
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The edge's of Puck's mouth twitch down in aggravation. A fleeting expression that lasts for the blink of an eye, but one more subdued then either subject of the Enchanter's scrutiny deserves. He listens, and then turns his attention to Aurora.

"Under most other circumstances I would agree that that's the path's concern. If the Councilor want's people to know no one objected to her keeping her title though, the willful omission that she didn't have any interaction with the person who voiced the initial objection is a pretty big one to just ignore. Because really, Phoenyx just had a chance to talk around Winter's objection and explain it away without his input or ability to object. Given this is from the same councilor that didn't think causing a veil breach with Guru in front of multiple sleepers was worth mentioning and argued against her punishment when I charged her? It's a pattern of Phoenyx's broken judgment I've been concerned about since she blew me off in the astral realms, leaving me the only person able to observe the final lesson and relay a successful finding to Campanella. Or when we found the libertines and she cast a spell on me without my consent, refusing to drop it even after I told her I need the space on my pattern to be able to magically defend myself. Her judgment is a barrier I'm constantly having to work around, and I think the Concilium deserves another example of how opportunistic and subjective it really is."

Puck is specifically not looking at Crystal when he speaks about Phoenyx. Remember how Crystal also blew Puck off and missed the lesson while he clung to Phoenyx like used cellophane? Puck did. It's the example of Crystal that pops into his head whenever someone asks Puck about the Warlock. Speaking of making examples? His attention returns to Phoenyx.

"And for the record, I was using Time to check in on your punishments after the fact with the intention of bringing it to the Council's attention if you blew it off. The council passed the judgment and the council should be taking responsibility for it. If that's to high a bar for anyone else to meet, well, that's on them."

The enchanter shrugged. He did his due diligence and it sounded like no one else bothered. Disappointing, but exactly what Puck expected of his peer group.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She didn’t want to be here, dealing with a child who just cannot move the fuck on.

“Look, if Winter had an objection, he would have been here himself voicing it. He is not one to back down from what he believes, not a shrinking violet.” Seriously, you met the guy? “So until he decides to walk in here and share it, I don’t care. It was settled among the Path and that is all that matters. But you seem content to continue to dig at this bone of contention that has worked it way up your ass. We all get it; you’re pissed and want to make sure we all know it. Guess what? We do, and we’re sick of hearing about it. Know what the answer is? Either stop working with her, or move on. Either way, I don’t care, but it’s getting exhausting to have this fight over and over and over again every single month.” Turning she starts to walk towards a seat, “Or you know what else could solve it? Square a Circle and handle it that way, cause I’m done babysitting this Puck against the Consilium shit.” And proceeds to sit. This is why some people have no friends and keep making enemies.

“Oh, I’m sure you were hoping she would blow it off so you could run to the Council and make sure we all knew. But see, some of us know Phoenyx, some of us have bled and fought with her and know she has honor. Was there an oversight in the punishment? Yes. But now we work as a unit to fix that going forward. You know, where we all work together instead of against everyone. Our numbers are small, continuing to relive the past over and over is only dividing us.” Did no one else get that?! The divide…the anger…it fueled the Seer’s…it left them vulnerable. But, maybe that’s what they needed…a serious attack to wake the fuck up.

“Hey maybe next month we all bring a snack or something. Then at least we have something to eat with the repeat of the past couple months show.”
    Just a thought.

7. Likes , liked this post

Zeromancer hasn't posted in a while, so Phoenyx is free to talk. Corn has also left to the Main thread, in case Puck wants to reply.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx sighs as once again Puck seems to want to try shredding her image. He was watching. It all made sense now. "So you deliberately did not tell people you were watching me. I hope you see the very irony of that act, but I can never tell with you. You did not tell me because you hoped to catch me being dishonest, as you accuse me. And you did not." She has to spell it out. Hopefully he would understand. "You accuse and claim everyone cannot be trusted, but you offer little to trust."

"Whether other paths know what happened is not relevant. Obrimos know, except for Winter, and I will tell him as soon as he returns." She frowns - Puck's descriptions were very different from what she recalled. "You and I remember those events very differently. I elected to use magic where as you would have had me beat an innocent, controlled sleeper into submission. You literally said I should knock him out. I did not 'blow you off' in the Astral realm - we literally entered, moved and left together. As for the warehouse I told you exactly what I was going to do when I chose cast a spell on you to make sure you could not be detected by mudane security when we were about to commit a felony by breaking into a building. You told me nothing of your ability to defend yourself, magically or otherwise - you howled like a child, before walking openly into a potentially hositle situation loudly announcing your presence using nothing as a shield. Once, you challenged a man to a duel for calling you a name."

She shakes her head. "Calling me to account when you believe I have broken a law is one thing. I will still defend my actions as is my legal right, but I will obey the Concillium and I have shown that to be true. However, you are now trying to twist my deeds to make me seel irrational and flippant. I am neither of these things - you just don't like how I act. I have fought and bled for this Concillium, protecting it for longer than you have been a resident. My judgement is towards that protection, even if you do not recognise it because it is not the way you would choose. But just because it it not your way certainly doen not make yours the only way, and if that makes your life 'difficult', know your blase attitude to very real dangers makes my job just as challenging." Dark eyes watch the Acanthus. "If you truly have a disagreement against me that is nothing to do with the law, bring it to me. I will meet you in a Circle, if that is your wish. Let everying else make their own decisions."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes , , Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck didn't want to be here, dealing with denialists who use the perception of who one should be to shield themselves from reality of who their friends really were.

"Again. Talking about Phoenyx. Being dishonest. As she has been in all of our official meetings this year." Dramatic eyeroll is dramatic. "And no, I wouldn't like it. I just have this crazy idea that people should be honest and play by the same rules. Phoenyx is misrepresenting the truth and leaving out facts that make her look bad. She's the head of the Arrow. People should know when she lies. Same with you. Same with me. You view conflict as division? I view letting leaders hide behind past deeds while they lie to our faces as dangerous. Especially in a world where the things being hidden could lead to seers and banishers getting inquisitive and showing up on our sanctum doorsteps."

Because really? Phoenyx isn't who she presents herself as. The dismissiveness. The incompetency. The defiance. In the dream? Puck said they were supposed to watch. Phoenyx not only ignored him to retreat, but actively stymied the dream. At the warehouse? Puck said they were libertines. When Phoenyx cast her spell without asking Puck told her to drop it, and she opted to argue instead. Did puck yell to alert the others? Yes. After he identified the people as fellow libertines, the event transpiring as a desired outcome, and the spell was still forced on him. As for the theater? Malcolm hit his side on some debris. There wasn't a drop of blood to gather sympathy from despite Phoenyx's deceptive assertions. Phoenyx knew better then what she was saying, and she chose to say it anyway. The only question was how much more time did he want to spend responding to it instead of warning others of it.

​"It's the obvious thing to expect when you break the law and get sentenced that someone is going to make sure you complete that sentence. It's not ironic or underhanded, it's basic diligence. Like Corn, some of us have lives outside the circle, and so postcognition let's me attend to that while babysitting you. As for your bullshit comment about trust? I've done two favors for mystogogues now on top of throwing myself in front of a burning angel from the Aether to stop it from harming you or the others. Something I repeated doing the favor for Mobius with the green lantern gorilla spirit. But hey, be ungrateful and oblivious. Nobody gives a shit. In this concilium it's more important to bow to the echo chamber then risk your life for others, so you're safe from criticism and I'll continue being the asshole no one wants to talk to despite risking my life for a person I find thoroughly contemptable. Twice."

His disgust is visible in his scowl, his anger in his eyes. Everything he did for this concilium and she calls him untrustworthy? Everything she'd seen him do?

"It's late. I'm out."

Puck doesn't wait for a response. He turns his back once he finishes talking and moves for the exit.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"I don't think there's need to be so drama... aaand he's gone." Corn said annoyed.
    The guy that called Right of Emeritus to go after Anima for calling him a plebeian and making suggestive comments, threw open insults and gestures. And the two councilors that spent half the previous meeting and half this meeting telling him to not give Puck an argument or that speaking up for himself when he was called a Nazi was "prolonging the argument", tore Puck a new one, not mincing words while Corn has gone through three rounds of disagreement with Puck with barely raising his voice.
    Sure, Corn didn't like Puck. But unlike Seers, Banishers, Tremere, hunters and the like, Puck was not actively trying to get them killed. And for all his tantrums and such, it was now that he heard that Puck risked his ass when they were facing that gorilla thing... and some 'favors' he has done to his order?
    Why nobody tells us these things?

Turning to the rest of the gathered, Corn took a breath before addressing the others. "Let's try to calm down a bit and remember we are all on the same side. Councilor Puck may have his ... certain approach on personal relations but he's not the enemy." just a stubborn man that loves to go holier-than-thou and hates to be told things he doesn't like.
    "
    There is also the matter of those favors the councilor mentioned, Neokoros Mobius isn't showing up any more but if she owes a favor to the Councilor, I would like to know. "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread