Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

There was an encouraging nod. "Exactly." She watches, and shakes her head slowly at the idea of an outside influence. "No. Not completely. As we said, people certainly influence your decisions. You can see examples of qualities you seek to emulate in the others around you. But ultimately, in the heat of every moment, only you can make the final choice." Phoenyx nods, slowly. "I suppose it would be, if you treat everyone in such a way. An Oath transcends personal feeling. It is an imperative, something we consider immutable until it's completion. If it can be completed."

The Arrow contiues to blush. "I.... um. I am glad you know that." She looks down at their hands and for a moment, her fingers curl around the Mastigos' before withdrawing away. The squirming feeling was still there, but there was also warm. It had been a long time. It didn't make sense to her though - just as with Tyche. What was it Aurora had told her?

The Obrimos nodded. "Arrows are trained as soldiers, it is true, but that is an incomplete life. We are still Mages, subject to wisdom. We cannot neglect that part of our life." She shrugs. "I am the only Arrow, now I am unsure of Viggo's location. There has never been a Moros or Acanthus Arrow in my time here - though we tend to receive fewer members from these paths. I am finally in a place where I feel comfortable branching into other spheres, covering these responsibilities."

Phoenyx drank the last of her tea and set down the cup thoughtfully. "The biggest, baddest thing?" A small smile draws out across her face. "Have you seen the crystal pyramid Artifact I know to be stored in the Mysterium part of the Circle? The one that eases passage into the Astral Realms?" She glances to the cup, then back to Belle. "I was present when we recovered that artifact. Myself, Aurora and the previous First Talon, Alastor, attacked a Seer stronghold - the source of Seer attacks on Sacramento. In the room where that artifact was held, it was guarded by three stone Golems, each twenty feet high. Their fists were bigger than my torso and they hit like trains. I fought two while Alastor moved to secure the artifact. It took all my skill to avoid their attacks. They broke my ribs - it was only through Aurora's magical support that I survived the fight with them. It... promoted my study of Life for the years to come." She smiles at the memory. It was the start of her friendship with the Thyrsus.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle takes another sip. "Okay. So it sounds like an Oath is more of a personal responsibility then. Your Oath can't depend on what other people say or do, you just perform your duty as best as you can." She nods, wrapping her head around the fluidity and concreteness of the Arrow's devotion. "That's pretty badass." ​But there's one part she's clearly wrestling with in her head. "So what happens if an Arrow's Oath is fulfilled while they're still alive? Do they pick up a new Oath? Or retire? What does the Arrow have for a retirement policy? I mean, most Mysterium Magi just kind of hole up and become Censors or Curators." Assuming they live long enough to get to that point. She's seen in the weary eyes and battered bodies of elder Magi from her old Consilium what long life looks like for those with magic who persist in a world full of peril.

The curl around Belle's fingers is quick and firm, like silky steel wire. It catches the Mastigos' attention and holds it for a few precious seconds. There's a pit of genuine respect and concern in Belle's stomach now, underneath the rush she's getting from eliciting this kind of reaction. "So, you know that you can tell me if I'm making you uncomfortable." She thinks back to that time where they'd gone out and all had a few drinks, some more than others. "I know you've mentioned that touch was important between you and Kaze, and I don't want to bring up bad memories or make you think I'm expecting something from you that you don't want." She catches her breath quietly on the world 'want'. It's a big word for Belle; the energetic, persistent Warlock.

And then Phoenyx starts talking about golems and a switch flips in Belle's brain.
    "GOLEMS!!! Like, actual golems!!!" She catches herself from screaming just barely and holds both hands to her open mouth. "ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!! What kind of stone were they made of? Did they talk or were they just animated enough to move and fight? Could they only punch or could they fly or breathe fire or..." ​And then she realizes she's leaned halfway across the table and is staring into Phoenyx's dark imperious eyes so close that Belle can almost feel heat emanating from them. "Sorry, it's just...Warlocks struggle with Matter magic, but I've always wanted to see a golem up close. A friendly golem though, not a hostile one." Belle talks a bit faster here, as she usually does when she's excited. But for some reason her body doesn't listen to her brain's demand to sit back and give Phoenyx more space. ​Goddammit! Don't weird her out! She's a golem-slaying badass guest in your house and you're weirding her out!!!

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"That's right." Phoenyx nods in agreement. It sounded like Belle understood it. "Oaths do not have to be complicated. They can incorporate a time frame, at which point the Oath is complete. So yes, they can be finished. We then take up new ones as we see fit, but we are not required to do so. Similarly we can take up Oaths that are never completed." There is a small smile. It was nice having someone interested in her Order for once. "Arrows do not retire. Exisitance is War - we keep challenging ourselves, but this does not need to be physical. When Arrows feel they can no longer fight or protect, they often move into teaching or strategy. Coordinating bigger projects, following their Arcana... recruiting more Arrows. Many, of course, do not reach that point." She looks down at the table. Some of those under her command had experienced that. It was... hard.

The Obrimos looks more flustered. "I.... no! You're not... um, that. Uh." She squirms a little in the chair. "You aren't making me remember bad things. I don't think that you expect anything." She was frowning now. She felt very exposed, which made her defensive. She could feel her walls fighting to go back up. Perhaps she had lingered too long on the touch. It was just nice to be wanted again.

Fortunately Belle's enthusiasm is infections, and the Arrow's smile returns, spreading wider. She looks distinctly pleased with herself, dark eyes sparkling. "I don't know, I am not a geologist. They did not say anything, and they didn't fly. Only walk and hit very, very hard." There is a light laugh. "It is fine - people don't ask about this sort of thing often. It is nice to talk about it. But trust me, you do not want to get close to them. They froze once their power source was disabled. I am no expert on the subject of Automota, though I did fight a different one when I first arrived. It was shaped like a man, but like hitting a sack of sand with metal bones. It took far more punishment than a regular person. I think it was kept somewhere in the Circle. Maybe Winter had it - It was basically a walking veil breach." She smiled again. It was nice to be proud of her work, maybe even - heavens help her - appreciated.

6. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle takes a moment to take a bite out of a cookie, continuing to ponder the differences between their two Orders. "That's good that your Order has options. After all, we can't all be fighting fit forever." ​There's initially a bit of a smile as she half-jokes, but Phoenyx's downturned face turns her expression to concern. "Well, this might sound selfish; but for what it's worth, I'm glad you've lasted this far. You've made this place a lot more welcoming for me, and I imagine a lot of other Magi. You've made a difference here." She pulls herself physically back here out of respect for her friend. She can't stand the thought of the stoic yet vibrant warrior caught up in survivor's guilt.

The thought of such a construct kept in the Circle as a souvenir intrigues Belle. "Like a mannequin? Human-like but still artificial? That's pretty rad! Can you imagine what must go into the creation of those things?" She gets back into her familiar magi-geek self. "The bigger ones having an exposed power source makes sense though. Like the different of getting into a car battery or a walkie talkie. One's more durable at the cost of being bulky and easier to target. Though given what some cars are capable of now..." She gets a brief look of worry. ​"Gosh...Can you imagine golems run by wifi connection? That would be some crazy shit."

The tea in her cup is growing just a bit cold, and Belle looks across at her conversation partner with a satisfied look as the last of the refreshing liquid is digested. "So, how soon can we start training again? Now that it's so dang hot out, I'd like to have a good reason to be sweating outside."

I'm ready to close out if you are. Thanks for the great social opportunity.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

There was a small smile. "People I have led into battle have died. My choices were the right ones. It is a risk we face." She nods. "I have." Even if some people didn't see it, at least her friends did.

The Arrow shrugs. "It was like it had steel bones, but flesh on the outside. It was very strange, and certainly not Awakened magic." Dark eyes go wide. "I... am not sure I like the idea of that. They could be anywhere."

Phoenyx smiles. "Whenever you like. I can set something up very soon."

Sure! We can close up and I'll look at getting a training scene up some time soon once I'm back home. Thanks for a fun scene!

9. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread