Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(HTT) Hail Mary

Jun 2, 2022 : Something Wicked
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn starts to protest being told to shut up... before the apostate shows up. Wooops. In hindsight, Phoenyx was right to tell him to shut up.
    The Apostate seems to him similar to how he was back the first time they talked - ready to act but willing to talk... splendid self-restraint considering how talks went the previous time. Moving a few yards away from the others, so that they can't be easily caught in the same spell, Corn said.
    "We don't mean you any ha..." and then Belle casts a spell.

"Don't escalate! We are here to talk!" Corn quick said to Belle - and the Apostate - hoping that whatever Belle casted won't get the other guy feeling attacked.
    Just in case the other mage would think they were trying to attack him, Corn reached for his medallion.

spells and effects

For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post

failure

Belle cast her Spell and while the man obviously noticed her doing so, he didn't seem to perceive it as a threat. His eyes wandered from the Warlock, to Phoenyx (more specifically: to her gun pointed at the ground), to Corn. He seemed alert, albeit not aggressive - one point for team Mastigos!
    Phoenyx meanwhile scrutinized the active spells on the guy.. and came out empty-handed. There didn't appear to be any active Spell on him and as far as the Arrow could tell there were no other shenanigans going on either. Magically speaking the man in front of them was unarmed.

"I believe you have established that we are anything but friends - and I think you also know that neither of us is 'lost'." Corn and Belle might recognize the mirthless quality in his voice, now raised to a volume that clearly addressed the three Awakened. It did lack the zealous and almost maddened tone from last time, though.

Everyone, please give me a (Wits + Composure - 4) roll. Trained Observer does apply.
    Success

"I don't want to hold grudges, though. So let's talk."

4. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle doesn't react to Corn's rebuke. Even though a part of her wants to snap at him for blowing cover, she knows deep down that she should've given Corn the heads up that she even HAD that magic as an option. Better forgiveness than permission.

And against all odds...it works. Even with a loaded gun pointed at his head and magic being spun into life right in front of him, the man opens up to parlay. Belle's expression fades from a faux-happiness to genuine relief. Thank God! Her shoulders relax as she regards the man.

failure

"Thank you. I guess we should start with your name. I'm Maya." No need to toss Shadow Names out just yet. The guy was willing to talk, but not yet a friendly. ​"I think we might've had a misunderstanding a while back, and we want to clear it up."

Spells

Equipment

Health: 8/8

Mana: 10/11
    Active Spells 3/5
    Personal Spells 3/3
    Artifact

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

1 success

With nothing clear on the mage, Phoenyx let her gaze drop to the surrounding area. Something about that movement was suspicious, and becoming invisible was easy enought for an Obrimos.

She began focusing on the area that moved. Maybe there was someone hiding there....

4 successes

Equipment

Spells: Life Shield (Pot 5, cloaked), Supernal vision (Pot 6, Cloaked)
    Health: 7/7
    Willpower: 3/3
    Armour: 3/2
    Defense: 9/8
    Active Spells: 2/7
    Personal Spells: 2/2
    Vulgar Spells: 0 (+0 dox dice)
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

1 success

Corn's eyes went to the moving branches. To the man he said.
    "I mean you no harm, but I need to check something else..."
    By concentrating, Corn sensed out for the presence of gunpowder in an area around them, a large area.
    4 successes

Detect substance used.
    -4 taken for area (advanced gives me 16 yards radius), 4 potency to overcome cloaking, if any.
    spells and effects

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post

With possible the faintest sense of déjà-vu Corn felt around the garden for a certain substance. Much like the time he looked for rare metals, only his allies were carrying what he was looking for: Phoenyx obviously had enough gunpowder on her to warrant notice, but other than that he could not sense anything. As far as advanced weaponry went, the man wasn't armed.

Phoenyx scrutinized the area behind their suspect and proved that her keen senses were correct: there was some Magic woven into someone's or something's pattern. Orange glyphs, some traces of gold and all of them covered by pure white symbols in an attempt to cover everything up, hide it. The Arrow's Sight, however, was not deceived. All in all, it looked like there were two concentrations of spells - two people hidden away from mundane eyes, perhaps?

"An understanding is what you call it?" For all the diplomatic good-will there was still a trace of cynicism in his voice. "Very well. I am Nursiae of the Cabal Sancta Trinitas. And the misunderstanding you are talking about is you attacking and threatening me without prior provocation on my end. Trapping me in stone." He didn't sound angry, it didn't even particularly sound as if he was holding a grudge. Judgemental, though? Yeah, he definitely did sound judgemental.

12. Likes , liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Sancta Trinitas? Nursiae? Cabal?

Belle can't help but run questions through her mind as more and more information comes pouring in. Was this Cabal looking for Roxie's Choker? Did they have some former ties to it? Were they a mono-Mysterium Cabal? Or just interested in treasure? And most importantly, why was he alone?

"You said before that you were a 'free agent', Nursiae. Was your Cabal out of town or do they even know you're here?" It looks like Belle is in the negotiator role right now. And she though she wasn't entirely comfortable with it, she wasn't about to let her friends down. "And you said that someone sent you here? Who?" ​She has a pretty clear idea of the 'why', but the 'who' would do wonders on deciding if they could trust this guy. Though given the timbre of his magic, I get the feeling 'message from the Lord' might be on the table.

Spells

Equipment

Health: 8/8
    Mana: 10/11
    Active Spells 3/5
    Personal Spells 3/3
    Artifact

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The Arrow repressed a sigh and a roll of the eyes. Corn mentioned vulgar magic, but trapping a man that did not attack in stone? It was hardly conductive to good relations and his apparent ill-will sounded entirely justified. She settled for a glance towards the talkative Moros.

The shapes beneath the tree were likely the others in his Cabal, this Sancta Trinitas. Her Latin was far from perfect but wasn't that.... safe Trinity? Secure trinity? The Orange in the spells certainly suggested force and invisibility. Or perhaps protection from the firearm in her hand.

Phoenyx settled on observing the scene, keeping her attention on Nursiae and the cloaked shapes in her periferies. Too many talkers would only cause confusion. Her job was to protect and make sure they wouldn't be ambushed.

Equipment

Spells: Life Shield (Pot 5, cloaked), Supernal vision (Pot 6, Cloaked)
    Health: 7/7
    Willpower: 3/3
    Armour: 3/2
    Defense: 9/8
    Active Spells: 2/7
    Personal Spells: 2/2
    Vulgar Spells: 0 (+0 dox dice)
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

After giving Nur the time to respond to Belle 's questions, Corn added his.

"Holy Trinity Cabal." It made sense with this guy. "As for that interaction... you started casting in front of us where you could see me and my friend. I would say, that is provocation. We had no way to know what you were casting. And since your words were not exactly welcoming - since we were there first - we had reason to think you were preparing for an attack. I think we should let bygones be bygones, don't you think. I believe we have more in common that just this unfortunate interaction.

I named my order and affiliation, Nursiae, may I ask the order you belong to?
    "

Belle's question about Nursiae's Cabal made the Mage pause for a moment. "They do know I'm here." Even in the low light they could see Nursiae frown as Belle questioned him further. "I can't recall saying anything of the sort. So you will continue to twist my words and intentions?"

Focusing Corn now, his voice grew harder and a bit louder. "It's funny: I didn't see the need to escalate right now, when you cast right in front of me. You can make excuses all you want, but you're clearly acting on hypocrisy. 'And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?'."

As soon as he finished talking, there was a snap of energy and a young Hispanic man appeared out of thin air a few feet behind Nursiae. "Quit it already! You owe him an apology, not empty words and justifications." The first man closed his eyes and sighed in frustration - a gesture Phoenyx might be able to relate to. "We have agreed that you'd just watch. This is my situation and I'm dealing with it." "But you're just taking whatever bullshit they're serving you!" The younger man was clearly angry and gestured with both of his arms, pointing at Corn, Phoenyx, and Belle.

18. Likes , liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread