THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2207) The Prince's Orbit
Jul 11, 2022 - Jul 30, 2022
Acknowledging a return
Jul 18, 2022 - Jul 31, 2022
(2207 Court) 'Sup, folks ?
Jul 20, 2022 - Jul 31, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The Nox Populi is an upscale experience that will take Sacramento nightlife to a whole new level.

In the heart of downtown Sacramento there is a place of intrigue, excitement and entertainment. The modern flare of this venue is host to exclusive parties. The seduction of this establishment may take you away as you drink, dance and socialize. There are private services available upon request. The best DJ’s in town are in line to play a wide variety of music. Some of you may dine…as long as you have your VIP pass.

However the Kindred arrive they are discreetly met and led to the back of the club. The space downstairs is decorated in dark, rich woods and expensive furniture. There's a coat room that will also hold one's 'unmentionables'; namely, weapons, at the foot of the stairs. There are also private areas, dark, and furnished with soft couches, as well as meeting rooms with conference tables and chairs, and an area with several televisions. The Court area is decorated with long black and brown silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars; the lighting is intentionally low, but without the pulse of the music from above, the place has the feel of a sepulchre.

The common area circles the Court proper, and it becomes apparent that this is not decorated for a single evening. Small symbols note areas for Kindred only that branch off of the Commons, which will be necessary once those Kine privileged enough to see behind the Masquerade filter in: ghouls, herd members, or even devotees. The furniture setting is familiar now: a set of elegant chairs, all dark wood and red leather, arranged in a circle. The baroque lighting leaves the corners of the Elysium commons in deep shadow.
    Towards the center of the room, a table was placed and roped off that was decorated in similar black and gold runners. Upon it was a model ship, roughly two and a half feet long with two sets of oars on each side- a Bireme.
    Another evening; another Danse. For some it will their first, for some it shall be their last. After all, this is the Prince's Elysium, and subject to the Laws of the Domain.

Eternal Court is open once more...

Please remember that Predator's Taint is in effect and role-play is expected, or rolls will be asked for!

This is a great place to get Acknowledged

Eternal Court is not a singular event. Always open and in constant motion, a compression of the comings and goings of Kindred within Elysium throughout the nights. As such, Eternal Court is also never truly empty; this can include 'faceless masses' of Kindred beneath notice, ghouls, herd members, devotees, or even officials in their offices.

2. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Standing outside his car Connor takes a deep breath, savoring the warm night air of Sacramento. His brief stint back in New York had cleared his mind and shown him just how much of a home this domain had become. As such, tonight was a night to start some trains along their tracks. The clack of his designer Oxford shoes cut through the city sounds as he's led around the back of the building and down the stairs towards Elysium.

The Haunt takes a moment to do up the buttons on his onyx suit coat. Using this opportunity he allows the beasts of all those present to wash over him, steeling himself for the mental onslaught to come. His cufflinks and tie clip are adjusted before finish his walk down the steps, where he stops at the coat check to turn in his weapons, and through the doors to Elysium proper.

As suspected, the beasts of the faceless masses swarm over him. What would have been a struggle before, in the midst of his distractions, comes easy as those who are worth neither his time nor effort are cast aside without a second conscious thought. He has far larger matters to attend to this night, and the wills of those who choose to wallow in their mediocrity will be naught but an afterthought as he sees his plans come to fruition.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Helen Kingsley

NOS
    PRE

As usual Helen has picked up the one dress she owns for the occasion and also brings nothing to check in at the door. She does know that taking this moment at the door doesn't really help prepare for whats about to happen, but then, it won't hurt and even Helen has those moments where she won't let something she knows get in the way of what she does. Still, as she enters, it doesn't take long until she is assaulted by the presence of several older Kindred. Too bad this is one of those things that'll never get better by practice alone ! She powers on with gritted teeth until the grip on her lessens again.

Hm... Nobody of note's to be seen, apparently. Unless that guy over there is who she thinks it is. Double check... It is. Ha, now who would've thought they'd see that particular mug again ? Thus, she appears next to O'Brien pretty soon after spotting him.

"If that ain't Mister Connor O'Brien... And here I was almost ready to think that guy'd jumped ship or disappeared like some of the others. Seems to be the fashionable thing these days. How've you been lately ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The desire to tear someone's throat out and abscond with the sweet, divine ichor that flows forth settles on the Haunt. There must be another kindred approaching. Connor grits his teeth for a moment and turns on his heels as he's spoken to. A smile forms as he realizes who had interrupted his much needed introspection.

"Madame Kingsley,"
    he says with a tone and smirk that show just how acutely aware he is of the fact that she hates being called such, "I must be honest, it was a consideration of mine for a moment. I'd been called back to New York to deal with my Sire's estate, and more than once I wondered what would happen if I just didn't return. However, Sacramento is my home now, not New York." It's a sentiment he'd told himself in his head many times before this moment, but saying it out loud for the first time brought more validity to the statement.

"And how have you been? Has anything interesting happened in my absence?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Helen Kingsley

NOS
    PRE

She chuckles as he adresses her. Not that she's too surprised.

"I guess if you'd decided not to come back, it'd have made a nice few lines in the songs about your people. I wish my Sire would drag me out of the drab sometime, really."

Although, seeing how they're not on speaking terms, not really. Closest thing would be Lyuba coming around and that's... always some mixed blessing, so best not.

"Same old, really. Still working on the pesky stuffs to set myself up. It's been going well, though." Asked about interesting things that happened, she shrugs. "Let's see.. Bellemy's gone, Milton Northbridge is gone, Priscus Durant and Hierophant Wood went pretty silent pretty sudden, no one's seen them for some time now. Apart from that... Eh, got and lost some new folks, some new investigations, that sort of stuff. Don't think I need to tell you about the Arkwright gang, you know them already, after all..."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

While she had the power to be able to skip these Courts, she rarely did. It was telling to see who came and who didn’t…who grouped with who and what was said. At least, what was said in public.

The Savage was feeling…advantageous this night, and went with a light blue silk dress. It was certainly not a color she had tried before, but, what the hell. It was a color that popped against pale, inked and dead skin.

Walking into the room, she pauses to let the Beast wash over her and to see who was there. The faceless masses always there, lurking, seeking a chance. Her Beast snarling and demanding the flesh of the weaker ones. Even though it was tempting, to see blood against the color of her dress, she pushes the thought aside.

None of note were present it seemed. Yet. The night was young and she was early, well, for her. Cain, for his part, stood at his Masters side, an unmoving mass or muscle and hatred.

Now wait a second, was that Connor? Didn’t he send a letter that he was leaving for some sort of business or…something. Kindred leaving was common enough that she rarely batted an eye at it. But for one to return was something not as common. It was…interesting…something to keep an eye on.

A nod to Helen before she steps fully into the room and finds her usual seat. Where she can be seen, and she can see. Cain standing slightly in front of her.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor laughs, he's heard enough about his people over the last century and a half that it was almost funny now; as an added bonus, it normally takes the wind out of the sails of those who said it. "If I had a penny for every time I've been told something about the Irish, I'd have been rich long before now." A somber face overtakes the smile for but a moment. "I wish it were my Sire who had called me back. He's been missing for long enough that his estate fell to me." His smile is quickly donned again as he moves on. "I decided to donate everything." What he leaves out however, is who he donated it to.

He nods along as Helen lists off who has left and who hasn't been heard from. "I had suspected Priscus Durant had moved on, even I haven't heard from her in some time. I knew about Bellemy, and Mister Northbridge left while I was attempting to handle the estate remotely." A light of realization shines behind his eyes. "Yes, how did the meeting go? I'm quite upset that I had to miss it."

Just then, an immense sense of dread fills the Kindred. It something he feels every month, but he'll never get used to it. A predator approaches.

He rolls his shoulders and takes a deep breath as exercises to stave of his desire to run and turns toward the object of his primal fear. With a flourish to accentuate the cufflinks that Alessandra had gifted him, Connor takes a deep bow. His eyes stay fixated on the ground as he counts to 5, before he rises.
    The Vanishing:

Helen Kingsley

NOS
    PRE

Helen would laugh too, but the Prince's arrival kinda spoils that moment and forces her to refocus for a bit to not leeaving as fast as possible.Takes a bit, but it works. As she finishes her curtsy, she takes some time looking at the Prince's companion she's decided to bring with her once more and wonders if it's a new thing to bring that here or if that thing is filling in for the Archon. Bit too early to think of it like that, but it opens some interesting thoughts... Aaaaaanyway, they'll see about that soon enough.

"Right reaction, wrong folks. Why do people always think I'm talking about the Irish ?"

She frowns as he talks about donating his Sire's estate. Should she believe him ? Undecided yet.

"I'd award you a medal, but mine are all down at Necropolis.

Eh, the meeting wasn't too bad, mostly Rufus and Jackson, really. Quinn and you seem to have left some impression on the guys. Good job, I guess. I'd say they're about as ready to try their hand and see if it sticks as they're gonna get. Let's see how that goes, I wasn't there when the lesson the finer points of manners took place, really."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward came to court with nervousness like ring-rust. It seemed pointless to send a letter ahead, he had said he would return around this time, and it wasn't as if he was owed preparation.

The beasts had the taste of familiarity, but absence gave them more sting than he remembered — an experience he had just weathered at his old home. He wore typical summer attire, a splash of modest colour, the first couple of buttons undone.

Connor. Helen. Familiar faces. And, Alessandra. Impossible to miss for many reasons. The blue was a nice touch. A new experiment or old? Hard to know due to absence.

Edward approached, stopping at a respectful distance from Alessandra and Cain, and bowed. He would hold it for a time, and if she did not speak to him, he would retreat and wait with the faceless masses for one who might acknowledge him to arrive.

11. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

The nosferatu paused at the coat check to surrender an item wrapped in indigo blue linen. Any Invictus watching might sense the length of the item as the gift from the Duchess Twist. Jennifer walked into Court with confidence.
    Her long brown hair was in a half up, half down style with the top sectioned into a bubble braid. Long tresses were loosely curled.

She wore an open back black couture dress, tailored to her height. The emerald green scarf that she wore was artfully draped over one shoulder and side of her neck, pinned with a gold floral pin that she has worn before.

The nosferatu lowered into a deep bow to the Prince, held to show her deference. As she straightened, she gave the Prince a smile for she was pleased to see the Prince. She nods to Whip O'Brien as expected to one of his new standing. Helen was given a nod perfect for a nosferatu acknowledged in the Domain.
    Autumn eyes lingered for a beat on the fourth Kindred. Jennifer had already written the Duchess Twist, Archon, and in her relevant role of Daeva Priscus about her own actions going forward.

Jennifer walks towards the Prince, holding herself respectfully away.
    She fully expected that two others would come in behind her.

Picture
    https://pin.it/GqwhKBe
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread