Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Anniversary

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn, dressed in knee-length dark brown shorts and a gray t-shirt enters the flower shop. That chance encounter with the florist a few months ago and google let him to the shop easily enough. Once he enters he smiles at the smell of 'freshness' that accompanies flower shops.

No effects. Gerrit
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit just finished ringing up another customer when Corn entered. It has been a pretty slow day, so with the woman leaving the men had the shop for themselves for now.

failure

Although the Winter thought he felt a bell ring somewhere in his head, he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He wasn't going to ignore his gut feeling - that kind of thinking was what got you taken back in the end. The new costumer was therefore greeted with a reserved smile. "Hello, how can I help you?"

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"Greetings! Gerrit isn't it? We met a few months ago by chance. " Corn said with a smile avoiding saying his name out. "Soon it is my first wedding anniversary. There have been some unfortunate circumstances along the road," Corn felt a jab of grief again and bit his lip, pressing the thoughts back to the dark place that has formed in his heart, "so I need to get her some flowers. I checked her schedule for availability and I arranged a quick vacation - a long weekend really - to Mexico for the event.
    So, I was thinking, are there any celebration-appropriate flowers that would bring 'Mexico' to the mind of a well travelled woman? Or could we arrange a bouquet with Green/White/Red ?
    I have googled and Dahlias are considered associated with Mexico, but I don't know if there are white or red Dahlias.

Anyway, you're the professional. What would you suggest?
    "

I don't remember how strong the emotion has to be for changelings to get glamour, just for your information.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit listened patiently to the man, even though he still couldn't quite place him. And while he seemed harmless enough and came as a customer, the Ogre didn't relax completely. "Congratulations on your anniversary. Sounds like you've already got a few ideas, but would you mind telling me a bit about your wife?" Gerrit pointed at the two comfortable chairs in a lesser visible corner of the shop. "We can sit if you want."

He would either sit down with his guest or remain standing and continue. "Most flowers typical to Mexico are succulents or have rather small petals. Depending on how well versed she is she might not instantly get the connection and you'd sacrifice looks for that. A flag-colored arrangement can be done - maybe with the flag part being not too big, since things can easily become tacky. No offense." He looked around the shop and pointed out a few suggestions. "I could work with Red Carnations, Gerbera Daisies, or yes: Dahlias. Mexican Marigolds are also pretty, but they're more orange than red and have a strong connection to mourning." He paused for a moment at that. He didn't know what 'unfortunate circumstances' the man was talking about, but people often talked about such things when you gave them the opportunity.

"For white I could work with Gerberas again, or Lilies. Green could be tricky, but I could order some Hydrangeas that have a green tint. How does that sound?"

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn takes a seat. "I agree that the flag part should not be tacky. And I don't want it to be too obvious."

Once seated Corn thinks "About my wife... we were together for years, before being married. We are from the same hometown, went to the same school but I was older. We got together when I returned from San Francisco and got a job. We were together for a few years. Eventually she joined a big travel agency, travelling to a lot of places to inspect hotels for the agency's clients. We engaged and moved to Sacramento for her job and after a year engaged, we married.
    As a person she is pleasant and likes to see smiling faces. If she thinks that bringing out a cake or offer compliments will make people smile, she will do it. She likes her job because she works to make people happier, I think. Her hobbies include walks with her husband, yours truly, in the parks or the beach if we are close to a lake or sea. She loves walks in the beach, especially at sunrise and sunset. I will have a lot of strong coffee in Mexico, as she will undoubtfully wake me up pre-dawn so we can walk together in the sunrise.
    She is not too outdoor-sy though; she also likes to spend time with her family - or mine, I am one of those blessed with a wife that gets along with her mother in law - and we watch tv-series together or documentaries. When she was younger, she used to indulge me to play online video games with me but now she rarely picks up her controller. I don't lose hope though. We just have to wait for the right game.

From colors, she ... kinda likes teal, blue and other blue-like colors I don't know the names of. So, if we could use some such flowers around the flag, I think she would like it. From perfumes, she likes the lighter ones, not the heavy. From flowers, she likes roses -or she likes me buying her roses - but she usually 'gravitates' towards Lilacs, Lavenders etc.
    "

When Gerrit mentions mourning corn shakes his head. "No, no. That won't do. No mourning-associated flowers please. We had enough of those..."

7. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

And then there was a deluge of information. Gerrit took it seriously, but it struck him as weird once he realized that his customer hasn't introduced himself in any way - and still he shared what appeared to be the complete an unabridged story of him and his wife. One thing was clear: he loved her very much.

Gerrit's face hardened into polite neutrality as he listened.

He also noticed the obvious tinge of Sorrow around the guy, but seeing that he very obviously chose what to share and what not Gerrit didn't ask any further questions in that direction. "I see. My gut says to make the flag just a decent center-piece. I could paint it on wood or have it printed out by a friend with a glossy finish. Or we could use a white Dahlia in the middle," he looked around to confirm something before going on, "I even have some with an orange center which could get it even closer to the actual flag. Then I'll flank it with red and green filling. Either way, with the flag present but not the floral focus I could create something reminiscent of the sea with Blue Hydrangea or Geranium. Lavender and Delphinium also have a striking blue."

He took a few moments for his guest to absorb all the information, then finished with a caveat. "It will be hard to include all the things you love about your wife without becoming too much, so that's my suggestion." There was a small voice inside him that wanted to just indulge the guy, to throw all of the kitsch and clashing colors into one arrangement - if their love was so good and pure surely they'd deserve everything - but Winter has taught him to deal with the jabs of envy that were as much part of him as the wounds all over his body.

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"Hmmm... I think I prefer the flag printed in paper with glossy finish. Perhaps an envelope to stick the tickets inside? I like your idea with the Lavender or Geranium sea, and perhaps something more sandy-orange for a beach? I am pleased with your approach and professionalism, Gerrit.
    Also, yeah, I understand that you can't fit everything my wife loves in that flower arrangement. A centerpiece flag and an arrangement that is reminiscent of the sea is enough. If we could do something for a beach, and if you think it would look good - I am not experienced in such things, then so much the better.
    "

11. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Yes, I think I can do that. Give me a few days, maybe 4 or 5, and then you can come here and have a look at what I've done. Then you can decide if you want to buy it." Gerrit got up and went over to his counter to take down some notes. "Oh, one more thing: what is the budget you were thinking of?"

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"That would be perfect, thank you. Do you need any downpayment?"
    When budget was considered Corn answered within his financial means.

Resources 2 - Are you OK to close?

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit takes a rather small payment and hands the nameless customer a receipt.

I'm good to close.

Closed Thread